How would you Change the canon?

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
I want Jim Raynor to kill Sarah Kerrigan.

Infinitely better than what actually happened.

And, negate everything by Matt Ward except the new Necrons codex. That one was actually pretty good.

ScreamingNinja

Apr 12, 2011
Hey, I don't mind the Grey knights in the big power armour so much, because, well, they do fight Daemons. But I heard something about a Terminator doing backflips? Wtf is this shit.

I think I'd get rid of that Matt Ward guy too. I think that's the guy doing it all. Because that was fairly lame-zor.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
sharinganblossom25 said:
AC Brotherhood- I wouldn't even put in the Cristina memories. She just... bugs.
Christina = awesome.
Some of my favorite parts of the series are the Christina memories. She makes Ezio such an epically tragic character. I played those memories last in Brotherhood. I basically played two whole games going "Damn, Ezio's awesome. It'd be awesome to be Ezio.", but then the Christina memories....they just completely drive home just home much tragedy Ezio has endured in his life. How everything he loves dies and, for all his utterly astounding skills, he's completely unable to save the people that mean the most to him.
Revelations does a good job of finally...FINALLY giving the man the peace he so dearly deserves.

Xpwn3ntial said:
And, negate everything by Matt Ward except the new Necrons codex. That one was actually pretty good.
Ward's rules are great (usually), but his fluff is crap....aside from the Necrons....which are awesome.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Steven King's Dark Tower: At the start of Book 2 (The Drawing of the Three)
I would stop Roland losing his fingers! And keep him as awesome as he was in Lud! The series needed many more scenes like that, and not relying on flashbacks to do it!

And in FFIX I would add a lot more Beatrix. In fact, I'd replace Quina with her! Her paladin abilities were awesome, and she was the coolest looking character in the game!

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
Well, normally I like to think that whatever the creator says goes, but I know there are a few things that I know I'd love to change up.

First off. I WOULD NOT KILL JOHNNY GAT. Second, I would make the option to force the Deckers into the Saints. Third, I'd make the Saints use the salvaged Morning Star cloning technology to bring back Lin and Carlos, as well as somehow bring Donnie back.

But that's all my inner fanboy RAEG over some SR things that bothered me.

Well, I don't think that Sirius living would be much of a change to the story, or Lupin and Tonks for that matter, so I'd probably save them. But above all...NO DEATH OF FRED WEASLEY.

More fanboy rage, I admit.

That whole bullshit with Liquid's arm not really possessing Ocelot...that could've all been actualized by the fact that Revolver Ocelot was the son of a telopath that could communicate through the dead. Also, very minor one...I kinda want Sniper Wolf back...poor Otacon. ;~;

Not so much rage that time, but just some things that could've been cleared up.

I would have an extra thing that lets the Ex's have one last hurrah in a comic, like saying that they're stuck in a subspace void, or they've respawned-in video game fasion-somewhere far away from where they started and went about their lives. I just don't like the fact that they're all considered to be dead.

And that one's just wishful thinking...

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Eliminate everything in Star Wars continuity except the first 2 movies and start from scratch. Yes we would be losing out on some genuinely good bits of fluff (IE It's a Trap, KotOR, and Darth Maul's Lightsaber) but I think I can justify this decision with one word.... Midiclorions. Not to mention a ton of crap novels that turn the lore into a complete clusterfuck. Again, we would lose out on some of the genuinely good novels, but still it's like finding gems in a pile of shit the size of Mt Everest.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
ecoho said:
mysecondlife said:
Star Wars prequel..

Jar Jar gets a lead role for 2nd and 3rd prequel.

I am evil..
were they make him the true sith lord:)

OT:change the reach game to what the FIRST book had i would have loved to play that game.
starcraft 2: i would have had Mr. Finnly fake his death and be reiner's second in comand.

if someone can show me how to do spoiler tags ill add one more:)
:D

spoiler tag is just spoiler and /spoiler

of course, make sure to add the square brackets

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Oh and I forgot
Harry Potter, while not my favorite series is crying out for a bit of a rework.

First off, the Wizards stop being such selfish pricks and reveal themselves to the Muggles, creating a world of magic mixed with technology.
Also, get rid of the damned Deathly Hallows, none of them had anything to do with the overall plot, except for the Elder Wand, and I don't count the invisibility cloak since that was in the story long before this stupid mcguffin storyline.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Vault101 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Vault101 said:
canadamus_prime said:
I wouldn't. I'm not arrogant enough to think that I could do a better job than the original creator and/or those in creative control of it.

Edit: Besides that, I hate arbitrary changes in cannon faaaaaaaaaar more than I hate anything that's done in cannon.
3 words...

star wars prequels....

most of the time the creator is right

somtimes they are just plain WRONG
Actually plot-wise, I thought the prequels were actually quite good. Their only really failing was a lot of incredibly cheesy bits of dialogue. ...and a few other mis-handled elements. "She died of a broken heart..." Really George, really?

Besides that, did you not read my edit?
to be honest I wasnt quite sure what you ment in your edit...

anyway like I said, usually I would agree, and often I find whiny fans annoying

however for once I agree with them in regards to the prequles, its just that george lucas is a special exampl of an original creator that just went completley off the rails (not only that but adding shit the original triliogies which pretty much everyone can agree..did NOT need to be added) its almost tragivally hilarious

the original prequles may not have been that bad, but you have to admit they should have been handeld alot better
What I meant in my edit was that I hate it when the established cannon is changed even if that change would undo or change events that I didn't like. Esp. when it's done in a really piss poor manner too, like say Hand of God or extremely mishandled time travel (Star Trek 9, I'm looking at you)

Yes fans are whiny and annoying, I could pick out any random post from this thread for examples of evidence to that effect. As for Star Wars, as I said, I thought certain aspects of the prequel trilogy were brilliant; most notably is Palpatine's rise to power. In fact I thought that was so brilliant that it makes me sad that he became such a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain in the original trilogy. The impression I get is that George Lucus' success has very much gone to his head and as such he no doubt refuses to get input from anyone else in regards to his work. Speaking as a creative person myself, I know that sometimes you have to get outside input on your work before it's complete to help iron out the kinks in it. Mostly because you don't always have the objective view to pick out the flaws in your own work. A few years ago I rediscovered a piece of fan fiction I wrote back in High School (yes I actually did write one once, it was never posted anywhere though), at the time I thought it was a work of genius, but looking back at it upon rediscovery I couldn't believe I had actually written that piece of shit. And that is the only thing I can figure is going on with George Lucus. He's too proud to let anyone critique his work before he goes ahead and publishes it and thus we get the a few specks of brilliance undermined by cheesy bits and slog that could have been improved if he'd only had some outside input during development.
As for his alterations of the original trilogy I have no explanation for that, but that falls under that category of altering the established cannon and I already covered how I feel about that.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Naruto: Series ends with a fight between Sasuke and Naruto after the Pain Invasion. None of this MIND CONTROL LASER IN THE MOON crap
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm...NO! Tobi rules!

How about we forget Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and the manga and just keep the original anime.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
BristolBerserker said:
I would change it so that...KAMINA LIVES AND GETS WITH YOKO!!!
Id change it so Simon gets with Yoko, but dies after she kisses him. Then she gets with viral, but he also dies after she kisses him...Then Boota gets-

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
this isnt my name said:
Mass effect 1 was the only ME game I like, and 2 n 3 jsut make the stor worse and worse. Canon ending, shepard arrives t the citadle, kills sren, but then is too ate and soverign releases the reapers. It says alot when the only way to fix something is releasing the galactic genocide machines.
so you read the story leaks? seriously why would anyone do that?..then again I supose if you werent that into ME2 your not going to rush out and get ME3 or want to know little as possible

and NO, DO NOT TELL ME A DAMN THING I dont want to know