How would you Change the canon?

Mafoobula

Sep 30, 2009
Twilight. I think there could be a good story, hidden under the mountain of shit and Bella. In fact, right there. Radical changes to the character of Bella Swan to make her less of a morbidly dependent, brooding, emotionless twat. Annnnnnd much the same is done to Edward, so he's a halfway decent boyfriend, and less a creepy, controlling, abusive jack-off.
And maybe make it a same-sex couple, just to spice things up and get rid of a LOT of the Mormon abstinence/anti-abortion over-tones. Lesbians, preferably. OOH, and Bella's attraction to both Jacob and fem-Edward suddenly becomes vaguely dramatic, and not just about some manipulative girl trying to have her cake and ice cream and eat all of it like the greedy, self-serving sociopath she is.

The Legend of Zelda. The series has a few "beginning points" in it, both chronologically and thematically, now that Skyward Sword deals with the forging of the Master Sword. I want to give the series a definitive ending. Preferably in an era so far off that you could cram any number of games in after the face, so maybe it'll have some kind of steampunk setting. And you have to fight the original evil, something older and more malevolent that Ganondorf was at his worst.

God of War. Make Kratos less of a galloping jack-ass. In the first game, he was at least somewhat justified. In the second game, meh... but still an anti-hero. In the third game, ye flipping gods, Kratos turned into a huuuuuuge dickwad. He crossed the moral event horizon at least once, and in my eyes became totally unlikeable, right up there with the likes of Nathan Drake.

Star Wars. I hate beating a dead horse, but the prequels need to be negated. Either that, or I'll bring in the supposed third trilogy, the sequels to the original. And the Gungan city will be shown to be destroyed and the Gungan race completely wiped out between the prequels and these sequels. Because the geeks deserve their catharsis.
In fact, that's the sequel. Opening crawl. Pan down to Naboo. Zoom in on really big lake, into big lake, show destroyed Gungan city. Credits roll.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Ending Red Dead differently completely defeats the whole thing.

mysecondlife said:
Star Wars prequel..

Jar Jar gets a lead role for 2nd and 3rd prequel.

I am evil..
Jar Jar did kind of bring about the Empire. You can't out-evil that.

MLP: FIM--Solve the problem of it being made with a healthy dose of fire.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
Alphonse_Lamperouge said:
Death Note - L's death was faked and, in one last masterful ruse, reveals himself just as Light thinks hes won. this would also remove the absolutely terrible characters that are Melo and Near.
Hell yeah to that. I fucking hated Near.

Also, I'd include another Death Note series with Light as a shinigami still fighting to get revenge and create his utopia.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Madoka Magika:Drop the whole magical girls are needed for energy malarkey and try again.

Mai-Hime: Either keep everyone dead at the end or replace it fewer deaths and keep those permanent(like Kazuya,Shiro, maybe Tate. Also while we're at it just drop Otome,yeah it does some things fine but it always feels like it's riding Hime's twist and comes off as loud and obnoxious.

Pretty Cure: Okay last Magic girl one I swear, drop everything after episode 26, make that the season finale and have the Queen exhaust her powers and break up into the Heartials to transition into Max Heart.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei:Forget the Dice killing arc and replace it with the sillier stuff that Kira seems to be using.

Wild Arms:Disown everything past Wild Arms 3, except maybe the Hex battles those are fine.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Trine. Make it so that rather than a thief, a wizard, and a knight, there's just three different thieves. That way my brother and I don't have to shank each other for the thief.

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
Snake Plissken said:
Alien: Resurrection does not exist.
Alien 3 doesn't exist either because Ripley got sucked out of the airlock along with the queen.

Three reasons (besides the terrible films that followed):

1. No airlock would open both doors at the same time, no matter what

2. Even if it did, her arm would've been ripped off instantly

3. She's already been the survivor once, it was Newt's turn.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I've often thought about a few tweaks to some of my favourite tv shows and games, but a lot of the time I wouldn't change more. What I would do however, is make any universe resets/alternate timeline/alternate universe excuses unquestionably valid. I've seen a lot of complaint over the new Devil May Cry game that it's screwing with canon because of various reasons to do with the Dante character not fitting canon by being too young to be called Dante, wrong hair colour, and a handful of others. I say, as long as it's an alternate universe not meant to fit in with the other stories, they make it clear that's the case, and it still retains enough of the original style to stick with the name, then they can go nuts with it.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Mostly my favorite characters would survive. Except in a very few instances, like sirius and Dumbledore dying had to happen but Fred didn't. Hp is not my favorite series but its up there and i'm using it as my example.

What is my favorite? Not telling because i use names and other stuff for my passwords.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
AgDr_ODST said:
I'd expand on Halo 2's ending so we wouldn't be left with *'finishing this fight' /fade to credits*.
I think most Bungie employees want to change the cannon to write this out of existence. It was not the ending they wanted but they had to get the game out the door.

Eragon, I was absolutely in love with the first book. Then they go and bastardize Murtagh as a character, screw with Eragon's geneology to remove anything interesting about it, make every plot twist obvious many chapters ahead, and make me think twice about getting the final book (I never leave a series unfinished if I can help it). Seriously the only thing keeping me moderately interested in this series are the minor characters who don't have the ability to kill entire battalions with a thought. The arc focusing on Roran and Carvahall was so riveting that I would have gladly read an entire series focusing on them and only them. It just sucks that the rest of the stuff has become so dull.

Oh and wipe the Movie out of existence... seriously that thing sucked.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
notsosavagemessiah said:
i would change 40k's canon by actually moving it forward. Also, the star child would be real.
They actually are moving forward (albeit very slowly) because they ran out of time in 41,000 and moved into the 42,000. See 13th black crusade. [http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/13th_Black_Crusade#.TtWcdvIVef8]

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Well, I wouldn't call it my FAVORITE series, but I can think of one VERY good change I could make to the Final Fantasy 10 universe.

THIS NEVER HAPPENED. At all. Not a damn second of it.

And thus, the universe would have that much less shit in it.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Moontouched-Moogle said:
Kingdom Hearts:
Make it so that 358/2 Days NEVER EVER HAPPENED. EVER.
[/spoiler]
...Why?

It explained Roxas' story from when he was created by Sora releasing his heart up until the beginning of KH2.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Geo Da Sponge said:
s0p0g said:
i'd change warhammer 40000 back to what it was before the unspeakable appeared and screwed both lore and game balance (codex blood angels anyone? or grey knights?), made the ultrasmurfs what he thinks they should be today, made the grey knights khornate knights, removed the Sisters' only way of having decent vehicle support (among other things), screw the Nids, basically killed the option of diverse tactics for several armies, Necrons are... what the fuck is this tard smoking when he writes all this shit?!

if you'll excuse, there are some angry marines i have to paint
RAAAAAGE
I knew someone was going to say this eventually, and I completely agree. I mean come on, Grey Knight Robo-Papooses!?!

What the fuck is that?!?! And this is coming from someone who used to play as Ultramarines! I don't want a damn army of Mary Sues!
You, my good sirs, know what it's all about.

Ban Matt Ward from writing fluff. Retcon Ward's atrocities.
Ban Graham McNiell from writing about Ultramarines and give Ultramarines fluff duty to Aaron Dembski-Bowden. Retcon all of McNiell's atrocities
Reinstate Andy Chambers to his proper position and full glory as The Overfiend.
Ban Ben Counter.
Retcon the Soul Drinkers out of existence.
Catch the fluff up to the "current" year of the fluff (which is currently beyond 006.M42) instead of the "historical" place it's stuck in (999.M41).

I could go on with this forever....

-TEC

Uncancel Firefly, Stargate Universe, Reaper....and Spectacular Spider-Man.

Make it so Athena never died in God Of War.

Newbonomicon

Oct 21, 2010
Smeggs said:
Moontouched-Moogle said:
Kingdom Hearts:
[/spoiler]
...Why?

It explained Roxas' story from when he was created by Sora releasing his heart up until the beginning of KH2.
I thought it never happening kind of WAS canon. Or something.

You know, it's really confusing. Kingdom Hearts' overarching plot is absurdly hard to follow.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Smeggs said:
Moontouched-Moogle said:
Kingdom Hearts:
...Why?

Actually, it explained very little we didn't already know from Kingdom Hearts 2, and in the end
Xion died and vanished, and EVERYONE FORGOT ABOUT HER AND WHATEVER HAD HAPPENED. Basically, anything Roxas may have learned or any growth in character was completely and utterly nullified. In addition, Birth by Sleep revealed more about the character of Roxas/Ventus in about 6 hours then a game where you spend 40+ HOURS playing as ONLY ROXAS.
And let's not forget the overhyped-and-under-delivering multiplayer and the terrible controls and mechanics. Overall it was just Square/Disney milking money out of the fans (hopefully to fund Birth by Sleep and not just to be dicks) and was a massive waste of $40 at launch.

Blighthand

Jan 11, 2011
In all honesty, Metal Gear gets pretty bad.

The whole thing with Liquid's Arm is... dumb. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played MGS1 yet, but... it's just so dumb.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Newbonomicon said:
Smeggs said:
Moontouched-Moogle said:
Kingdom Hearts:
...Why?

I thought it never happening kind of WAS canon. Or something.

You know, it's really confusing. Kingdom Hearts' overarching plot is absurdly hard to follow.
Well, the thing is that they could make it so that it canonically never happened (with various degrees of complexity or success- I have a few ideas as to how they could accomplish it), and in all honesty, it might as well have never happened, since (and I won't put a spoiler since it's been a while and anyone who hasn't played it should keep it that way) in the end Xion died/vanished and EVERYONE FORGOT FUCKING EVERYTHING ABOUT HER AND WHAT HAPPENED. That's even worse then "It was all a dream" (which, incidentally, is almost one of the ideas I have to make this never have really happened) and was a massive waste of $40.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Blighthand said:
In all honesty, Metal Gear gets pretty bad.

The whole thing with Liquid's Arm is... dumb. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played MGS1 yet, but... it's just so dumb.
Well, MSG1 is so old and so well known that it's past spoiler-date, but I'll indulge you.
I do kinda agree with the Liquid's Arm thing, which was especially goofy and bizarre in MGS2, but at least MGS4 made it less goofy, albeit complex and odd (rather like the rest of the plot) by making it a cybernetic arm with drugs and hypnosis for Liquid's personality. It's also debatable whether the arm in MGS2 was the real arm, or whether Ocelot started the cybernetic arm+hypnosis thing way back then.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
mysecondlife said:
Star Wars prequel..

Jar Jar gets a lead role for 2nd and 3rd prequel.

I am evil..
were they make him the true sith lord:)

OT:change the reach game to what the FIRST book had i would have loved to play that game.
starcraft 2: i would have had Mr. Finnly fake his death and be reiner's second in comand.

if someone can show me how to do spoiler tags ill add one more:)

sharinganblossom25

Jan 2, 2011
Boy, I needed this thread haha.

Firefly- I would go back and rewrite the pilot episode (or maybe the second episode) to really explain the characters' outbursts in Chinese. I mean, they told us a little bit about it in the box set featurette, but I want some awesome flashback or verbal confirmation or SOMETHING in the show that actually answers the question of why random Chinese is spoken.

Naruto- I would get rid of all the GODDAMN filler episodes in the anime. Stick with the freaking story!!

AC Brotherhood- I wouldn't even put in the Cristina memories. She just... bugs.

Twilight- I would kill Bella off. XD But, even more important than that, I would put an EPIC, FINAL BATTLE in the FREAKING FINAL BOOK. You don't string out four books and then just decide at the end, "Oh, we won't harm this mutant offspring that has the potential to kill everything in sight. Let's just leave!" YOU HAVE A FIGHT. AND SOME CHARACTERS DIE. Maybe, I would've actually enjoyed the series had it all actually led up to something.