How you'll go...

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
For the slightly morbid now...

How'd you like to be farewell'd from this world? Cremation? Burial? In a mausoleum, or a more modest tomb? Or perhaps a sprawling necropolis surrounded by the suffocated bodies of your afterworld bodyguards/harem?

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Cremation and spread ashes. I always thought it was weird to have people stare at your rotting corpse as you go, so definitely not open casket.

I always find it weird when people say "My funeral isn't going to be all sad like the others; I want it to be a party!"

If they actually had a party on your funeral, it would probably just be awkward and untimely...

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Cremation, I dont like the idea of slowly rotting.
Burn me up.
Plus that way I couldn't come back as a zombie.

Also, I don't want a huge service.
I will admit I recently went to my first-ever funeral, for someone I'd never met and it was simply awful. I felt pretty bad for being there in the first place considering I had never met the guy (a member of the boyfriend's family), but to me it seemed like the whole thing was trying to make you as sad as possible.
Boyfriend says that's kinda the point so everyone can get their feelings out, but to me it seems like twisting the knife on people who are already grieving.
Not saying I wouldn't like a service at all, but I would not feel happy thinking of people intentionally making my family sad.

Quantom Quak

The Source of All Evil
Jun 12, 2009
My enemies will cheer as I'm burned at the stake. The shadow I cast over this world will be lifted and people will see the light once more.

Yeah, it's gonna be a big thing.

yeti585

Apr 1, 2012
Quantom Quak said:
My enemies will cheer as I'm burned at the stake. The shadow I cast over this world will be lifted and people will see the light once more.

Am I the only one that imagined your avatar saying this with little emotion and without looking away from what he was playing?

I want to be set to sea on a burning ship.

Dr. Cakey

Feb 1, 2011
yeti585 said:
Quantom Quak said:

Am I the only one that imagined your avatar saying this with little emotion and without looking away from what he was playing?
She. That seems difficult to confuse. w/e

Honestly I can envision that as a Lucky Star sketch. And it would probably be the greatest episode ever made. Here's a taste of it.

"Which end of a cornette are you supposed to eat first?"

"My enemies will cheer as I'm burned at the stake. The shadow I cast over this world will be lifted and people will see the light once more."

*beat*

"Yeah, it's gonna be a big thing."

Icaruss

Mar 24, 2011
Cremation all the way.I hate the idea of just lying there in the ground and slowly rotting and decomposing into a pile of slimy,bloated meat and bone ughh(thank you internet by the way for showing me what a dead body looks like).I'd much rather be burned to ashes.Also i get the added bonus of being able to have my ashes spread across a site of great natural beauty....... or thrown in some assholes (Rush limbaugh,Jerry sandusky or any of the cast members of the Jersey shore).Spiteful and disgusting i know but i RRRRRRREEEEEALLLLLLY love the idea of someone literally choking on me. :)

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I'd just donate my body to science, but ask them to cremate what's left when they are done with it, I don't want to leave a rotting corpse, after all I hate filth, so I wouldn't want to be smelly garbage, though I guess it won't really matter since I'll be dead and it will be somebody else's mess to clean up, and if things keep going the way they are going there's definitely going to be a lot of blood, ugh... How disgusting, blood smells horrible once it dries up.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
That last example you gave sounds pretty nifty... In all honesty though, I don't really care how my body is dealt with. People always talk about and envision their funerals as if they'll be there to witness it. Funerals aren't really for the dead, they're for the living.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
You can just dump my body in a river at dawn

Artsy, but people can't call me pretentious because it's disrespectful!

It's foolproof!

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
I want the same treatment Spock had. shot into space and have William Shatner give a speech on how such good friends we are were.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
It's silly because it shouldn't matter. I'm dead, so what do I care what happens to this pound of meat once I'm gone? And yet I can't bare the idea of donating my body parts for science or being embalmed or being left in the ground to rot once I die. Sure I'll be just a hunk of meat then, but I was magic meat for a time.

I suppose I'd like to be cremated, and all my ashes contained together in a sealed boxed and just left in a secluded spot in a home. Maybe bury them in the walls I don't know. Throw a couple bags of weed in with my corpse when I'm burned would be a nice sentiment.

As far as a funeral goes, I don't really have any strong feelings save that I ask for people just to be honest. If they thought I was a dick, say I was dick. Tell my story, all of it. The good along with the bad and let history have the final say.

Dangit2019 said:
Cremation and spread ashes. I always thought it was weird to have people stare at your rotting corpse as you go, so definitely not open casket.

I always find it weird when people say "My funeral isn't going to be all sad like the others; I want it to be a party!"

If they actually had a party on your funeral, it would probably just be awkward and untimely...
Whenever I have someone close to me share that sentiment I point it out to them that the funeral isn't about them, it's about the people left alive grieving for the loss of a person in their life.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
I either want a mausoleum, so, when raised from the dead, I will be the lich and final boss of the dungeon, dropping some phat lewts.
Or viking funeral, with a boat that is set off to sea and then shot with a flaming arrow. But, beforehand, I'll have my precious organs donated to science.

Possibly, I could combine the two with a mausoleum atop a cliff next to my large manor, and have my boat set off to sea, and sink down in flames. I would have divers find my remains and place them in my stone, engraved in my likeness. Only...several years later, the boat would suddenly appear back along the dock and the mausoleum would be perfectly clean, with the top of my tomb nudged open, bearing no body inside.
Suddenly, the mansion, once abandoned and left to ruin, bears lights on at night--voices are heard, echoing down the hills to the town far below. A man, bearing the name of my son, would be in control of my estate, but something mysterious is afoot. A group of weary travelers visits one night, but will they be able to survive the mansion's dark secrets?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
yeti585 said:
Quantom Quak said:

I want to be set to sea on a burning ship.
>Konata

>he

You done goofed.

ANYWAY.
Cremation, right after all viable organs have been harvested from my carcass.

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
I'll take a mausoleum, or some other tomb of an ornate nature. Nothing says "fancy" like a really cool burial place. Maybe they could build a nice monument over it as well. Something like the Lincoln Memorial, or maybe something more abstract like the one Washington has. I'm not picky.