Humble Indie Bundle 5 Is Objectively The Best Thing

targren

May 13, 2009
TakerFoxx said:
Quick question: what's the general wait time before the email with the download code arrives? I figure it probably takes awhile, given how many of these things they're selling, so I'm more than happy to wait, but I just need to know for sure that there is a wait time and my email didn't get lost.
YMMV, but mine took nearly 45 minutes.

Hattingston

Jan 22, 2012
SciMal said:
Linux aficionados always have something to prove
To be fair, Linux users could just be happy to find a modern game that RUNS on Linux, and dump money on the bundle as a result.

OT: Nice bundle...still on the fence. Only game I have is Bastion, but Psychonaughts doesn't look all that interesting, despite all the praise, Amnesia and Limbo look depressing, and Sword & Sorcery looks fairly wtf. That said, I would encourage anyone who buys it to pay enough for Bastion; superb title.

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
I owned most of them except for the super brothers one, didn't stop me and this will make a great gift for my brother who was dying to play Amnesia.

targren

May 13, 2009
Hattingston said:
OT: Nice bundle...still on the fence. Only game I have is Bastion, but Psychonaughts doesn't look all that interesting, despite all the praise, Amnesia and Limbo look depressing, and Sword & Sorcery looks fairly wtf. That said, I would encourage anyone who buys it to pay enough for Bastion; superb title.
Really? I wasn't that impressed with Bastion. The constant narration was a cool touch, admittedly, but other than that, it only seemed "okay." The controls are kind of clunky, there hasn't been a huge variety of baddies to fight so far, and some of the proving grounds really just make me want to injure someone.

Hattingston

Jan 22, 2012
targren said:
Hattingston said:
Really? I wasn't that impressed with Bastion. The constant narration was a cool touch, admittedly, but other than that, it only seemed "okay." The controls are kind of clunky, there hasn't been a huge variety of baddies to fight so far, and some of the proving grounds really just make me want to injure someone.
Well, for one thing I really liked the aesthetic and musical score. Heck, even the sound effects were neat. Proving grounds can be annoying; if you have trouble with them then I'd suggest upgrading your weaponry. Enemy variety isn't huge, but it does expand a fair amount from the beginning. I thought that the story was superb, and the endings well done. I also liked that every weapon works differently, and that none of them made a different one obsolete. The way you can swap between upgrades is cool, although I would have liked some more interesting effects on the tonics; new abilities and the like. I played with keyboard and mouse, and while the aiming can occasionally be a bit wonky, I never ran into serious control issues, although your experience may be different. I liked the oomph the combat had, felt like I was making an impact whenever I hit something. Overall, I feel it was $7.50 well spent. Wouldn't have regretted $30 to be honest.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
It's a great bundle, though i would argue on calling Psychonauts Indie.

Since i already got 3/4 of those games i'm personally not interested either way.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Khanht Cope said:
This will be my first venture into indie games, (and non-console games, for that matter) as a show of support for this awesomeness. I've heard good things about Amnesia. Not sure about the others, but we'll see.

After looking at the split for the funds to the parties; I didn't justify less than a $25 purchase on default split. I hope they see the success they deserve with these bundle schemes.
Let me know how your experience goes! I'm always interested in people PC gaming for the first time :)

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
It's funny to see everyone on the first page getting super worked up about the original games in the bundle, since now there's Super Meat Boy and Lone Survivor and that third one I forget now.

I got it for $10.00, and I've only played Limbo and The Bastion so far. I've got to admit I'm quite underwhelmed. Limbo was okay, but not particularly creepy or scary, and The Bastion seemed super hyped up by Yahtzee (since it cames 2nd or 3rd on his games of the year).

Still, worth it for the low, low price.