Husks Don't Mess Around in New Mass Effect 3 Screens

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Who knows what kind of sick husk related experiments the Reapers have been doing? Perhaps it's a husk cross breed of a batarian and a krogan? Only time will teach us I guess.

Mar 26, 2008
One of the things I read about and liked the sound of is the "battle damage". You can shoot away bits of the Cerberus operatives' armour and it affects their movement/attacks/vulnerability.

Typecast

Jul 27, 2008
*spoiler*

That's not a Krogan, it's the same species that the Shadow Broker was

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Oh no, I looked at the pictures and now I know about Mass Effect 3!

Oh, give me the blessing of ignorance, the happiness of oblivion... Innocence can only be tainted, never returned!

Eh, whatever. I'll have forgotten about it by the time I get around to playing the game, which will be even longer now that they've pushed it forth.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
Athol said:
CalPal said:
WanderingFool said:
mjc0961 said:
Oh nice. When I read "Krogan version of a Geth", I was not happy about having to fight that. But no. It's actually a Krogan version of a Husk. That's much worse. :(
Yeah....

*grabs Reverant machine gun and preys to any higher being that may listen*

This might get messy...
*Grabs Mattock rifle and grins maniacally.*

Don't worry, bro... I got this.
*Lifts M-920 Cain*

You guys might wanna get down.
*Readies Incisor sniper rifle*

Come now, precision over collateral damage anyday.
*Retrieves Widow Anti Materiel rifle*

"scoped and dropped!"

OT I am looking REALLY forward to this, it is looking B E A utiful

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
wow, looks like i will have lots of fun fighting the new husk type. :p
but good to hear liara is back. she always has bin my favorite character of the games. :D

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Oh my god, it's Sergeant Johnson.

I wasn't the only person who thought that, right?

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Dango said:
Re purposing citizens and turning them into zombies?

Isn't that just doing the same thing Halo did with the flood? Which was doing the same thing Half-Life did with headcrabs?

This game looks more and more generic with every press release.
Yeah, but those were organic zombies, these are cybernetic zombies. Also the creation system is a goddamn spike they impale people on, which is a difference. Still, zombies are zombies, just shoot em.

knight56

Aug 12, 2009
Selvec said:
Its a Krogan, not a Batarain. For gods sake, look at its stance, the large bit of flesh on its back. Its Krogan. The only Batarain looking bit is the number of eyes, and they aren't even in the correct location.
It's a Yagh.

DannyZilla

Sep 14, 2010
Don't think it's a Krogan or Batarian Husk. :/

More likely upgrade Scion or new race of Collector like slaves. :)

Can't wait for ME3!

Hijax

Jun 1, 2009
Is that a krogan husk with cannons for arms.

It's a good thing we're playing as commander shepard. *Ejects Thermal Clip from M-76 Revenant*.

Seriously, that thing is crazy once you get the accuracy upgrade. Add Heavy Warp Ammo, and you can tear apart praetorians on veteran without using heavy weapons.

EDIT: I know the perfect way to fight these things. Sentinel + [SPOILER ALERT]Assault rifle proficiency on collector ship + firepower pack(specifically the mattock). Get Geth Shield Boost as your Advanced Training ability, evolve it into Improved, evolve tech armor into Assault armor. Get all the shield-improving pieces of armor. Congratulations, you are now taking on the praetorian without ever seeking cover.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Colonel Mustard said:
Fightgarr said:
That looks less like a krogan version of a husk and more like a yahg version of a husk. I think yahg is more likely. Potentially the Reapers targeted their planet immediately? Hell, I doubt they'd even require all that much indoctrination, they already hate the Council races.
Yeah, I can see that as a Yahg more than a Krogan. To be honest, however, that idea is equally as scary.

Also, is anyone else annoyed Cerberus are the bad guys? I quite liked them in ME2
The Yahg have funny shaped mouths, and their noses aren't much like that. Definitely Batarian. Remember Scions? They were made from humans are were much bigger than humans. Could be one of them.

Chappy

May 17, 2010
Hm that picture that is meant to be Captain Anderson I have anouther theory though feel free to rip it to bits in a second.

Didn't Bioware announce anouther new Human companion for ME-3? So maybe it is him... I'll go see if I can find the thread with his name on.