I am not watching Justice League until I see Snyder's Cut of the Movie.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I mean, If I recall correctly, wasn't the Snyder cut deemed to be "unwatchable", by early viewers?

I'd probably watch the Snyder cut out of sheer hilarity, but I wouldn't go into it expecting a better version of Justice League.

As far as I am concerned, the only thing that can save DC's film lineup at this point, is a straight up reboot. Keep Gal Gadot, though. She's cool.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Silentpony said:
The movie Snyder wanted to make cannot be seen. It was never made. Joss's movie was made.
I don't think that's the case at all. The non-secret secret to JL's mediocrity is that it wasn't a Snyder film (thank fuck, personally, as I think he's a talentless, pretentious oaf), but it wasn't a Whedon film either. It underperformed not just because it was apparently a ho-hum film, but because the Don't Care Extended Universe's problems had been hard-baked into ever fiber of its being since the start. It was always a 'series' with an identity crisis and no real creative vision worth a damn - by all accounts JL sounds like the perfect expression of that ongoing haphazard process.

Not wholly a Snyder film, not wholly a Whedon film, and Warner take full responsibility.

BeetleManiac said:
Dude, for the last 20 years of my life, I've been getting together once a month with friends and families to watch a marathon of bad movies for fun. If you liked BvS, then just fucking like it and stop demanding the rest of us agree with you.
For me, BvS jostles with Phantom Menace in being one of the worst mass-market mega-blockbusters I've ever seen, when you consider its budget, the character roster, the benchmarks set by their direct competition, and so on.

Like Phantom, however, it is a brilliantly fascinating car-crash of a film to deconstruct and ruminate on. So many incredibly entertaining videos, articles, and podcasts have come out of both of them.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Darth Rosenberg said:
Silentpony said:
The movie Snyder wanted to make cannot be seen. It was never made. Joss's movie was made.
I don't think that's the case at all. The non-secret secret to JL's mediocrity is that it wasn't a Snyder film (thank fuck, personally, as I think he's a talentless, pretentious oaf), but it wasn't a Whedon film either. It underperformed not just because it was apparently a ho-hum film, but because the Don't Care Extended Universe's problems had been hard-baked into ever fiber of its being since the start. It was always a 'series' with an identity crisis and no real creative vision worth a damn - by all accounts JL sounds like the perfect expression of that ongoing haphazard process.

Not wholly a Snyder film, not wholly a Whedon film, and Warner take full responsibility.

BeetleManiac said:
Dude, for the last 20 years of my life, I've been getting together once a month with friends and families to watch a marathon of bad movies for fun. If you liked BvS, then just fucking like it and stop demanding the rest of us agree with you.
For me, BvS jostles with Phantom Menace in being one of the worst mass-market mega-blockbusters I've ever seen, when you consider its budget, the character roster, the benchmarks set by their direct competition, and so on.

Like Phantom, however, it is a brilliantly fascinating car-crash of a film to deconstruct and ruminate on. So many incredibly entertaining videos, articles, and podcasts have come out of both of them.
Will you stop insulting the man, what has Zack Snyder did to you? Did he fuck your dog?

He was only hired to do what WB bros told him to do, WB wanted him to make the movies like Nolan movies because Green Lantern failed.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Laggyteabag said:
I mean, If I recall correctly, wasn't the Snyder cut deemed to be "unwatchable", by early viewers?

I'd probably watch the Snyder cut out of sheer hilarity, but I wouldn't go into it expecting a better version of Justice League.

As far as I am concerned, the only thing that can save DC's film lineup at this point, is a straight up reboot. Keep Gal Gadot, though. She's cool.
THIS WHOLE THING WAS A REBOOT FROM GREEN LANTERN 2008!!!!

Are you implying to me that Green Lantern 2008 was actually a good movie and that they should have continued on from there?

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Samtemdo8 said:
Laggyteabag said:

Are you implying to me that Green Lantern 2008 was actually a good movie and that they should have continued on from there?
Sam are you okay? It honestly looks like you're blinded by your own rage at this point. He didn't imply that or anything having to do with Green Lantern at all.

I don't know if you're aware of this but opinions actually differ from person to person and it's pretty common to run into an individual that disagrees with your tastes.

You happen to be in the minority of people who liked BvS. Cool, good for you. Why can't you just shrug and enjoy the film? Why don't you just focus on the joy it brings you instead of working yourself into a fervor because anonymous people on the internet don't like the same movie you do? The fact that there are bad stories in comics, television, movies, books, and literally any form of media does not somehow exonerate BvS from being shit.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I'm avoiding it wholesale. Whilst I like to fancy myself as an amateur reviewer, it's about time I take other reviews seriously and listen when they tell me I'm in for a generic out of 10 movie.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Laggyteabag said:

Well, sure, in the alternate universe where there was a Green Lantern movie in 2008 and not 2011.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:

Dude, you're going to pop a blood vessel before you convince anyone here to change their minds. Nobody as a result of this thread is going to suddenly turn around and say "I've changed my mind. I like Zack Snyder, BvS, and all of his other works."

Also, as someone else said, you're not going to see a Snyder version of Justice League. Unless he reassembles the entire cast, crew and all his resources just to finish his version, and WB approve him doing so (despite the fact that this would delay all of their future projects and waste billions of dollars), it's just not going to happen.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
Laggyteabag said:

I certainly preferred the Green Lantern movie to MoS or BvS.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
Hawki said:
thepyrethatburns said:
As somebody who appreciates all three universes
Three?
I consider the X-men/Fox universe it's own universe. Thusly, three universes. (I am aware of the Disney/Fox talks but, as of this writing, nothing has actually gone through.

Random Smartass: Do you consider the Fant-

Fox hasn't made any Fantastic Four movies since 2005/2007 and even those were kinda meh. 2005 had some good moments but otherwise really forgettable.

Random Smartass: Actually, in 2015...

2007. WAS. THE. LAST. ONE.

Hawki said:
thepyrethatburns said:
In fact, the worst part of Justice League is seeing the second After-Credits scene and finding out that they're not done with the Eisenberg Luthor, to say nothing of the Legion of Doom BS.
But we have Deathstroke... :(

I mean, I'm not a fan of Eisenberg Luthor either, but, y'know, Deathstroke...

(Granted, my only real Deathstroke exposure is the Arrowverse version, so go figure.)
In some ways, Deathstroke makes it worse because.....why would Deathstroke even WANT to be part of a Legion of Doom? While his motivations can and do range beyond just money, he is, in the end, a mercenary. He doesn't really have a "rule the world" motivation. If that scene had introduced him as "the guy who got Luthor out of prison", that would make sense. But having him there so an already-free Luthor can invite him to his new club.....groan

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Will you stop insulting the man, what has Zack Snyder did to you? Did he fuck your dog?

He was only hired to do what WB bros told him to do, WB wanted him to make the movies like Nolan movies because Green Lantern failed.
(out of curiosity, do you ever try to edit down quotes, or do you always just roll with the Quote button? because it wastes a lot of screen space)

Ah, so Zack was just following orders. Like Joss, then?

I'm with you on blaming Warner, btw, but Snyder's the biggest and most overt architect of this whole debacle, so yeah, he deserves a cussin'. And sure, it's neither big nor clever to just insult a guy's intelligence, but frankly I think his films are dumb because he's not exactly much of a bright spark, so in this instance it's kinda relevant as critique. Creations reflect their creator (so do remarkably dense things they say in interviews to try to justify the nonsense they shove into their films).

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
Darth Rosenberg said:
I'm with you on blaming Warner, btw, but Snyder's the biggest and most overt architect of this whole debacle, so yeah, he deserves a cussin'. And sure, it's neither big nor clever to just insult a guy's intelligence, but frankly I think his films are dumb because he's not exactly much of a bright spark, so in this instance it's kinda relevant as critique. Creations reflect their creator (so do remarkably dense things they say in interviews to try to justify the nonsense they shove into their films).
That's kind of my read on Zack's movies, actually. He can shoot well, but... Well, it's a mild version of something I heard about an interview with M. Night Shyamalan. I think it was in Newsweek, where they called him the Next Spielberg, and he said something to the effect of "I could make a Pokemon movie and it'd actually be about the Holocaust", but... No, you're not that clever, Shyamalan.

I think Snyder's the same way. He's got some talent in some areas, but he doesn't have NEARLY the talent he thinks he does. I'm sure he fully intended Sucker Punch to be a critique on the Male Gaze culture in movies or whatever bullshit Moviebob tried to claim that it was, but it doesn't really come through because he's not clever enough to make it work.

This kind of plays into one of my bigger problems with BvS and its defenders. The ones who claim that the people who don't like BvS just don't get it.

No, we get it. We get the Jesus imagery, the dichonomy of God vs Man, and we get that you were TRYING to build Superman as representing hope despite the movie itself hammering in that people were distrusting Superman so it's honestly not the shock it should have been.

But here's the thing: No matter the Symbolism or the Deeper Meaning of your movie... It needs to work on the most basic level. If nobody gives a shit about this Batman or this Superman, nobody will give a shit about the ideological implications. If the story is badly told through sloppy editing, nobody will care if you tell them afterwards about the themes.

And if your Lex Luthor in no way shape or form resembles Luthor as the fans know him, and the performance isn't like ANY Luthor, then people won't give a shit.

(Aside: I admit before I found out Eisenberg was playing LUTHOR, I thought he was going to turn into the new Joker or say, play Mad Hatter, or the Riddler, and honestly those would have worked SO much better)

So, original topic... I'm not gonna watch Justice League. I wrote it off on the first trailer, and each successive trailer made me irrationally angry because WB hadn't yet shown it could pull this off. Like, Avengers WORKED. I saw it in theaters, I saw the leadup movies, I liked all of them (yes even Thor, while recognizing it was Dumb Fun Action with a Loud Muscle Man), and the characters meshed and the plotlines intersected, and it worked and I loved it.

Justice League... It hadn't set itself up correctly. DC was asking us to get onboard with these visions of characters, some of whom we'd never seen before and weren't established, and with others... Well to quote a friend of mine "You killed your Superman in his second movie. Most of us weren't even sure if we LIKED the guy, you can't expect us to care when he dies."

So when I saw the Justice League trailers, I saw them trying to quip, trying to play up "OH SEE WE'RE FUN! WE'RE COOL! WE'RE HIP AND WE KNOW HOW THIS WORKS!" and no... WB, you don't. You haven't earned this.

Honestly I'm expecting the upcoming Flashpoint movie to justify rebooting their Cinematic Universe.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Kyman102 said:
That's kind of my read on Zack's movies, actually. He can shoot well, but... Well, it's a mild version of something I heard about an interview with M. Night Shyamalan. I think it was in Newsweek, where they called him the Next Spielberg...
Wasn't Abrams also another The Next Spielberg for a little while? I've enjoyed a few of his films well enough, and he's more conventionally competent than Snyder, but he's not exactly an auteur unless you count a proclivity for lens spares as a sign of identity.

I think Snyder's the same way. He's got some talent in some areas, but he doesn't have NEARLY the talent he thinks he does. I'm sure he fully intended Sucker Punch to be a critique on the Male Gaze culture in movies or whatever bullshit Moviebob tried to claim that it was, but it doesn't really come through because he's not clever enough to make it work.
Heh, I spent years defending Sucker Punch pretty much on those grounds, but honestly it's been so long since I first saw it that I can't productively have any opinion on it anymore. I remember admiring just how daringly bleak it was, and some of the performances being good.

This kind of plays into one of my bigger problems with BvS and its defenders. The ones who claim that the people who don't like BvS just don't get it.

No, we get it. We get the Jesus imagery, the dichonomy of God vs Man, and we get that you were TRYING to build Superman as representing hope despite the movie itself hammering in that people were distrusting Superman so it's honestly not the shock it should have been.
Given how shallow and threadbare BvS is, it's kindof impossible to not 'get' (the worst instance is always the 'Jeese, you just don't GET the Martha line!'). It has all the subtlety and nuance of a sledgehammer. Pretentious text, as opposed to subtext. It's a con job; dropping words and phrases, winking and nodding to the audience throughout all its overbearing bombast, trying to project grandeur and worthiness.

The whole concept is just baffling, as in why on earth anyone could think all of those plot threads could work at the same time whilst introducing all of those new characters. And that's why I still find it morbidly fascinating...

If nobody gives a shit about this Batman or this Superman, nobody will give a shit about the ideological implications. If the story is badly told through sloppy editing, nobody will care if you tell them afterwards about the themes.
To be fair to Zack, and to maybe reel back some of my ire, he didn't write it... and no director could really have transformed the garbage script, story, and overall extended-universe-on-fast-forwardskip lunacy from lead to gold.

(Aside: I admit before I found out Eisenberg was playing LUTHOR, I thought he was going to turn into the new Joker or say, play Mad Hatter, or the Riddler, and honestly those would have worked SO much better)
I don't particularly like him in any role. Adventureland, maybe?

But jeese, talk about a bizarre tonal fit for the rest of the film, to have him go up against a violently idiotic non-detecting Batman and a miserable Superman.

Justice League... It hadn't set itself up correctly. DC was asking us to get onboard with these visions of characters, some of whom we'd never seen before and weren't established, and with others... Well to quote a friend of mine "You killed your Superman in his second movie. Most of us weren't even sure if we LIKED the guy, you can't expect us to care when he dies."
Not only that, but he ostensibly comes back in the same frikkin' film he's supposedly killed.

Reading Zack's defences of these kinds of decisions is what largely supports my less than stellar opinion of the man himself, at least in terms of his highly questionable approach to critical thinking. He likes to adapt things, but I'm not sure he really ever understands the source material. He just seems to just be attracted to visuals and nebulous ideas behind the material. Neither MoS or BvS feel at all like works made by people who actually have any real affection or connection to the characters.

I've had JL thoroughly spoilered, as there's no way I'm adding to its box office, and it seems like Warner already did some soft retconning (which potentially directly contradict some of the pretentious 'themes' of BvS). I'm tentatively, sorta-maybe looking forward to the next Superman film? So long as Snyder won't be directing, and it has new/different writers.

And I'm definitely curious about Matt Reeves' solo Batman film, as whilst I wasn't keen on where the Apes trilogy ended up (quite literally in terms of location, but also its characters and plot focus), Dawn was superb, and even the - in my view - misguided War had some genuinely great moments. I admire and enjoy those films more than anything Snyder's put out, so as long as Warner get their shit together, hopefully Reeves can knock one out the park.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Laggyteabag said:

There was a Green Lantern film in 2008?

Lol I'm kidding.

No, but you could have done something to build off from Green Lantern and tried to improve upon that. However, it feels like it just wants to catch up with Marvel instead of making its own universe.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Alright, plenty of folks here have said how there ain't gonna be no Snyder cut (and frankly, I highly doubt there's gonna be any Snyder at all in the DCEU going forward with how badly JL is bombing, regardless of the movie's merits), so there's no need to go over that again.

Your source sucks. Don't listen to them anymore. Superman was never gonna have a mustache, and the Green Lanterns DO make an appearance in a flashback as part of the set up for the main plot. I was actually surprised to see them, they were nice and prominent for their 30 second cameo, they didn't try to hide them at all and their place in the movie makes some sense. That was a Good.

But the movie does have a lot of Bads. Very, very many Bads. And you can't even blame me by saying I wanted the movie to be bad. Yes, I had to be dragged to the picture. Yes, I went in there prepared and even looking forward to hating a certain part of it. Yes, I'm a big fan of the MCU.

But none of that actually ended up impacting my opinion of the movie.

For one, the part of the movie I expected to hate? That was Cyborg. I never forgave the New 52 for giving Martian Manhunter the shaft and putting up fucking Cyborg in his place. I never forgave the New 52's new backstory for Cyborg making him a walking Apokolips MacGuffin, or the New 52's revised origin of the Justice League that had their formation be in response to a really bad version of Darkseid's Invasion, or Justice League War for pretty much toeing the New 52 line instead of trying to be a more classic depiction of the League like Young Justice (I cannot say enough good things about how wonderful Young Justice was for embracing DC history).

But you know what? Even though the Snyderverse once again looked to the Nu52 as its main DC inspiration, despite even DC admitting it was terrible and trashing it over a year ago, and brought that Cyborg into the DCEU wholesale... I couldn't hate him. The writing for him was kinda bland and full of contrivances and dropped plot points, but the actor did good with what he was given. I couldn't hate the actor's representation. So that was a surprise. I mean, Martian Manhunter would still have been better in every way for being a more interesting character in every way than Nu52 Cyborg, but it's what we've got.

No, what I came out hating was the Flash. Jesus Christ. Barry Allen. They fucked up Barry Allen so, so, so badly. How do you fuck up Barry Allen that badly. Barry Allen is the god damn heart of the entire god damn DC universe in general, and the god damn Justice League in particular, and the DCEU made him... a bad Wally West. Him being Wally West wouldn't be a bad thing. Wally was a good heart for the DC universe too for the 20ish years Barry was dead. But this is a bad Wally West. This is Wally West back in his bumbling sidekick stage but also he's autistic. That's not a perjorative. He's actually portrayed as autistic; he's obsessive, he "doesn't get people", he has social and performance anxiety. And I'm not against giving people on the spectrum representation, far from it, but in this case it's two things: primarily, it's played for cheap fucking laughs which is disgusting, and following from that, it prevents him from being his comic book character. That part would be okay if it was part of taking the Flash in a new direction, if maybe they want to portray how a person on the spectrum can become the heart and soul of a team of remarkable people. That's beautiful. But it's not what they're going for. It's just for laughs. It's just for cheap millenial humor.

Fuck everybody involved in the production of this movie who thought this is how you portray Barry Allen, and how dare they bother to give Gardner Fox credit when he'd never recognize the character on the screen.

But yeah, Sam, you oughtta just go on and watch it if the theater's are back open by you. There's no extended cut coming. This is what you get.

The very kindest thing I can say about JL is that it's like ripping off a band-aid. Maybe this just needed to be crunched out so that the DCEU can feel comfortable building up its universe. Aquaman and Flash were both well received (baffling so, in the latter case), and Cyborg wasn't panned. None of them got more than the barest development (Flash and Cyborg each got just enough to have a character, Aquaman didn't. That said, Aquaman was my favorite character in the movie, which is a huge surprise for me). But now that they've been pushed out, they can get their own movies, which can make an actual franchise out of this thing. I think JL is a bad movie, but conversely, it gives me hope for the DCEU going forward, if they can just inject some fun while having an epic scale (by the way, nothing about JL is epic, so I'm afraid you're gonna have to put that defense back on the shelf Sam. "Saving the world" comes down to "Saving this one Russian village in the middle of nowhere").

By the way, the Lord of the Rings had fun moments in addition to epic scale. That's what made them so beloved.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
thepyrethatburns said:
I consider the X-men/Fox universe it's own universe. Thusly, three universes. (I am aware of the Disney/Fox talks but, as of this writing, nothing has actually gone through.
Oh, right. Thought it might have been, but no-one seems to talk about the XCU (is that a name? Screw it, it's what I'm using) much these days, and if they do, it's about selling the rights back to Marvel (MCU can have the F4 far as I'm concerned, not so much the X-Men).

thepyrethatburns said:
2007. WAS. THE. LAST. ONE.
Poking the dragon here, but I don't think FF 2015 was that bad. I mean, it's not good by any means, but I'd still rank it above BvS. At the least, it's first two thirds are competent, it's the last 30 minutes that tank the film.

Darth Rosenberg said:
I've had JL thoroughly spoilered, as there's no way I'm adding to its box office, and it seems like Warner already did some soft retconning (which potentially directly contradict some of the pretentious 'themes' of BvS). I'm tentatively, sorta-maybe looking forward to the next Superman film? So long as Snyder won't be directing, and it has new/different writers.
It does, in regards to Supes, and in the context of the DCEU as a whole, it's one of the worst cases of tonal whiplash I've seen.

As I've said before, if they want boyscout Superman...okay, fine, but don't retroactively force in boyscout Superman into the BvS timeframe. But while MoS is my #2 DCEU film, for a MoS 2 with boyscout Superman...bleh. JL hammers home how irritating he can be, and how overpowered he is.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Hawki said:
It does, in regards to Supes, and in the context of the DCEU as a whole, it's one of the worst cases of tonal whiplash I've seen.

As I've said before, if they want boyscout Superman...okay, fine, but don't retroactively force in boyscout Superman into the BvS timeframe. But while MoS is my #2 DCEU film, for a MoS 2 with boyscout Superman...bleh. JL hammers home how irritating he can be, and how overpowered he is.
Sure, I wasn't alluding to tonal whiplash being a good thing, just a--- thing. I can't imagine how the series could get any worse via the poutily pretentious route, so what's there to lose by just doing something much closer to classic Supes? After all, Warner are chasing something/anything audiences and critics will respond to, and I've heard some general praise for JL's Superman - not for how the DCEU got to that place, but just because we don't have its miserable Supes anymore.

I've never liked the character/icon-on-legs, and so MoS could've been genuinely great (I still really like the original teaser, with its Malick-esque photography and air of hope), but they pretty much fluffed their lines, and - like Justice League - they don't get a second chance at a first impression.

In a perfect world they could just shelve the entire continuity, try to figure out a real vision for another attempt, and kickstart it again in five or so years. But clearly that's not going to happen... Business is business, after all.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Darth Rosenberg said:
Sure, I wasn't alluding to tonal whiplash being a good thing, just a--- thing. I can't imagine how the series could get any worse via the poutily pretentious route, so what's there to lose by just doing something much closer to classic Supes?
Well, JL has been less succcessful both critically and financially than MoS, so...

Darth Rosenberg said:
In a perfect world they could just shelve the entire continuity, try to figure out a real vision for another attempt, and kickstart it again in five or so years. But clearly that's not going to happen... Business is business, after all.
Please no. Just no.

There's a few cases of reboots done well in film (see Star Trek 2009 for an example), but generally, if you reboot something, it's usually a tacit admission that you're out of ideas and/or have written yourself into a corner (with a few rare exceptions like the Archie Sonic reboot being dictated by legal fanwankary from Ken Penders), not to mention that reboots are already too common in comics (well, superhero ones at least). Course in this case it could be called a "re-adaptation" rather than a "reboot," but I don't see any need for it. Every DCEU film has its issues, but continuity isn't among them. If anything, it could be argued that it's done a better job of continuity than Marvel, in as much that each film has more or led sequentially into the other.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Hawki said:
Well, JL has been less succcessful both critically and financially than MoS, so...
My point was that JL's nu-old Supes seems quite popular with fans, so that element of moving him away from MoS and BvS's tone has been if not embraced, at least kinda sorta welcomed.

There's a few cases of reboots done well in film (see Star Trek 2009 for an example), but generally, if you reboot something, it's usually a tacit admission that you're out of ideas and/or have written yourself into a corner (with a few rare exceptions like the Archie Sonic reboot being dictated by legal fanwankary from Ken Penders), not to mention that reboots are already too common in comics (well, superhero ones at least). Course in this case it could be called a "re-adaptation" rather than a "reboot," but I don't see any need for it.
Well, yeah - the DCEU's a veritable dumpster fire. It's unsalvageable as far as a continuity with any vision or confidence goes, hence scrapping it and going again makes sense.

It's not a perfect parallel, but there was a gap of nine years between Batman And Robin and Batman Begins. Same character, entirely different expression with a real vision. Give the DCEU as a whole a break (that doesn't stop them doing smaller scale, perhaps riskier IP's in the meantime), then do it - ahem... - justice.

I've never really liked the DC universe, but I'd love to see a great film focusing on just the trinity done well. Warner had the most famous and iconic superheroes in comicbook history and pissed it all down the drain, especially with BvS. They can never have that awesome hero shot The Avengers took years to earn, and that line-up - in terms of recognition and cultural impact - pales into insignificance to the trinity.

Every DCEU film has its issues, but continuity isn't among them. If anything, it could be argued that it's done a better job of continuity than Marvel, in as much that each film has more or led sequentially into the other.
I'm using the C word not in any sense of events following on from one another, just the overall structure and execution. Demonstrably Marvel Studios have built their extended continuity far more successfully, as there was actual forethought involved with a long game they've largely delivered on.[footnote]Though as a tangential aside I've no confidence they'll do justice to Thanos, given how underwhelmingly small-fry they made Ultron. see also how they've generally wasted his appearances ever since the now rather iconic post-credits Avengers reveal. also-also; give him his frikkin' armour back... [/footnote]