I DID IT, WHOOO!

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Kurokami said:
zombiejoe said:
Ok, I was playing metro 2033, and for those who don't know, there are flying muntats called "Demons" or if you like Burbon "Bitches." They are one of the hardest monsters to kill in the game, and most of them you'll probely want to run instead of waste bullets on. But then I got an idea. One demon, is on the ground, dosen't see me, and I pull out the sticky grenade (it's more like a staby grenade, but what ever) I sneek up behind, then fling it at the Demon. It sticks to the wing, and Demon takes off. I watch him, and then BOOM, the demon falls to the ground.

WHOOO, JUST ONE MORE AND I GET AN ACHEIVMENT.

So what moments in gaming made you feel awesome?

It can be big or small.

EDIT: WHOOO, I DID IT, I KILLED A SECOND DEMON! I was teamed up with Burbon (characater in game), and he stops me, and shows me a "*****"
Instead of staying with Burbon and waiting for it to leave, I ran out, and chased down the demon. I wait for him to land on the ground, which caused some damage because I was very close. I threw my last sticky grenade at him, he flys off, and BOOM. I get the achievment. Sadly, I could not see my trouphy kill, as it died flying over a big fence.

The funny thing is soon after that you get chased by two other demons. THEY CAME FOR REVENGE!

EDIT 2: And I just one the Exorcist Achievement.
Somehow my sticky grenades (Or rather dynomite with pins attached) didn't kill it, nor did the rest of many bullets I landed into it.

This isn't really an achievement but sort of reminds me of what you said, in Stalker: Pripyat one there was that bit where you find the thing in the landmine infested area and suddenly all thises mutants start running at you and I was like "f**kf**kf**k" and then remembered tha-BABANGBANGBANG!

Was just so beatiful to see them all go and explode.

Anyway one of my favorite achievements was a fight me and my brother had in Soul Calibur, the fight actually looked like a propper sword fight with both of us constantly dodging and countering. was beautiful
It may be the difficulty you set metro 2033 on

I am also thinking of trying out Stalker, but since I already looked at the endings of the first game, I probley should skip to Pripyat right?

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
RDR: Winning poker in Armadillo with a suicide move. I all in'd him, he checked. I thought I was fucked but I didn't care, turns out he bluffed. Yay!
But now I'm at the same problem in Blackwater. One guy keeps tieing. Fucking poker, I hate you so much! I can't even write how much I loathe this game without getting banned.

EDIT: I lost, how surprising. He regretted it though, I'm sure. I emptied ten shotgun mags in his body, that'll teach him!

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
FInished the race I had been stuck on in "split second" in first place. Laugh at me all you want for getting stuck on "Split second", I felt awesome when I left my rivals beneath the wreckage of an entire freeway.

Closing the first oblivion gate in the elder scrolls IV. I was on low health, barely any unbroken weapons left, having entered the gate without levelling up to an anywhere near decent level (I know that oblivion matches the enemie's levels, but I really should've gotten a few more skills and such under my belt before attempting effectively a raid on hell itself...) I simply ran to the sigil stone and took it, literally shouting "See ya later, suckas!"

Then I mixed the sigil stone with a silver dagger which I named "ghostbuster" out of childish joy. >_>

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
zombiejoe said:
It may be the difficulty you set metro 2033 on

I am also thinking of trying out Stalker, but since I already looked at the endings of the first game, I probley should skip to Pripyat right?
Hmmm, I haven't actually played the original Stalker, story wise I think that the original just explains what's going on. Its a fun game but the story wasn't really there for me, probably cause I didn't pay too much attention to the intro but yeah, fun and interesting. In many respects you'll find it similar to metro too.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Beating the Boost Guardian in Meriod Prime 2. That son of a ***** Took so many tries to kill it.

Elephant Walker19

Jul 5, 2010
Donnyp said:
mraustindude19 said:
i got the big boss emblem on MGS 4.
Isn't that a mediocre achievement to the internet? Like the videos of people getting it in an hour and 40 min. Like i know its hard but to the internet them all being douches lol. I'm going for foxhound now but i keep scavenging. I will get both though lol.

Beat all the MGS games without being seen? lol i dunno. I'm not one who talks shit when i do something. I beat Bloons on Hard difficult without buying anything for premium lol.
compared to all of the internet,yes but i was happy to get,none the less.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Radeonx said:
Getting 42 kills in a Halo 3 slayer match.
My team was terrible.
Similar to that but not quite as awesome.
I got 29 kills on Team Slayer recently. It's when you get over half a teams kills you do realise how awesome you can be. Or how suckish they can be. [footnote]What I've left out is that I then sucked for 2 matches. :p Eh, way it goes, I guess.[/footnote]

And another Halo 3 one, was sticking someone with a Spike Grenade in mid air about 5 seconds after assassinating someone. I felt awesome!

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
Killing my first Death Claw in Fallout 3 at level 5 with nothing but somewhere around 10 Hunting Rifle bullets, a shitload of bullets for a 5MM pistol, a Stealth Boy, five stimpaks, and a shit ton of luck.
Mind you I probably died more than thirty times and would have pussied out if it didn't mean I'd be set back five hours.

Vim-Hogar

Sep 2, 2008
I played Mirror's Edge for the first time recently, and decided to beat it without firing a weapon, even though you don't get an achievements on PC. Well, it turns out some of the later levels are immensely difficult this way, the ship one in particular, but having to retry the same little battle something like 20 or 30 times only makes it that much more satisfying when you finally succeed. Actually, given that you have to defeat several big guards, all well-armed and heavily armored, while you're playing a girl who's good at running and climbing, it makes sense that it would be that difficult -- and that awesome when you pull it off.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Beating I wanna be The Guy and beating Izuna: LUN which took me over a year to finally acomplish considering even if you're at level 99 there's no guarantee you'll even make it to the final boss.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
When I beat the ATAC in Killzone 2 in under 1:20. It wound up spamming itself with rockets after it stunned itself. I tried for almost 2 hours just to get any sort of victory but wound up getting the Dragonslayer trophy.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
TF2
Map: 2fort server: RTD

So I played as a sniper and doing the game, I rolled the dice, my weapons was taken away. My friend said he would die and give me his rife.

I said "What are you talking about? I still have a knife."

I walk right into the fort and killed a medic, heavy and a pyro. Then a spy backstab me...only to have the razorback stops him.

I killed him in two strikes.

That day, I kill 4 out of the 7 enemy players.

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
TF2
Map: 2fort server: RTD

So I played as a sniper and doing the game, I rolled the dice, my weapons was taken away. My friend said he would die and give me his rife.

I said "What are you talking about? I still have a knife."

I walk right into the fort and killed a medic, heavy and a pyro. Then a spy backstab me...only to have the razorback stops him.

I killed him in two strikes.

That day, I kill 4 out of the 7 enemy players.
Roll the dice has led to some pretty epic moments.
I remember one time I was playing on a RTD server as a Soldier, and my team had done really shitty, so the amount of players was 1-10, me being the one. I had no chance of beating them all, so I rolled the dice. Multiple lives. I charged their base and killed each of them in a blaze of rocket glory. Afterwards I was like "FUCK YEAH DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT!?!"

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
For some reason for almost two years, I was stuck on the first act of The Midnight Thunderboy on Viewtiful Joe. I just beat it. I've been stuck on it since 7/22/08 from what my save says. But I also took a break from it so that's why it was so long. Felt damn good to beat that level.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Sorry to go off-topic a bit but I had a laugh seeing this thread (I DID IT WHOOO!) beside the WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.212493-WHAT-HAVE-I-DONE] thread in the Latest Posts section.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Today i got a glitch in God of war in Pandora's Palace where exp souls continuously fell down and so i got to upgrade all my gear to the maximum level. it made me feel awesome but for the wrong reasons. i guess a legitimate feel awesome moment was beating the spider demon in Demons Souls, i died a hundred times trying to kill it and finally killing it lifted a great burden.

MrJohnson

May 13, 2009
zombiejoe said:
Ok, I was playing metro 2033, and for those who don't know, there are flying muntats called "Demons" or if you like Burbon "Bitches." They are one of the hardest monsters to kill in the game, and most of them you'll probely want to run instead of waste bullets on. But then I got an idea. One demon, is on the ground, dosen't see me, and I pull out the sticky grenade (it's more like a staby grenade, but what ever) I sneek up behind, then fling it at the Demon. It sticks to the wing, and Demon takes off. I watch him, and then BOOM, the demon falls to the ground.

WHOOO, JUST ONE MORE AND I GET AN ACHEIVMENT.

So what moments in gaming made you feel awesome?

It can be big or small.

EDIT: WHOOO, I DID IT, I KILLED A SECOND DEMON! I was teamed up with Burbon (characater in game), and he stops me, and shows me a "*****"
Instead of staying with Burbon and waiting for it to leave, I ran out, and chased down the demon. I wait for him to land on the ground, which caused some damage because I was very close. I threw my last sticky grenade at him, he flys off, and BOOM. I get the achievment. Sadly, I could not see my trouphy kill, as it died flying over a big fence.

The funny thing is soon after that you get chased by two other demons. THEY CAME FOR REVENGE!

EDIT 2: And I just one the Exorcist Achievement.
Eh, I killed 'em with throwing knives. I also went through the library with nothing but the throwing knives and pistol. It was fun.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
-Taking down Ruby Weapon
That ***** deserved to die. I don't care if I was the one provoking the fights. I've never had the patience to grind to the point that bosses in FF games are easy, so this really meant something for me.

-My first successful raid in WoW
It was Karazhan with my tauren druid that I rolled just a month or two after the release of WoW. My guild was some of the finest players I've ever had the opportunity to play with. We were together since the Scarlet Monastery, and while I leveled up casually(I was in my 40's when they reached 60 pre-Burning Crusade), they rushed up to 60 and never tried to get me to hurry along. I didn't even reach 60 until after BC was released. Seriously, those guys really made playing WoW worth it for me.