I DID IT, WHOOO!

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
Finially getting all the acheivments in Oblivion...and while playing CSS with my class. i ran past a door way with my AK-47 and shot 3 bullets...i head shot a guy in a snipping position all the way at the end of the map

cgride555

Aug 15, 2008
in POP warrior within, I got the princess as the final boss (apparently you can get the dehak... big monster thing as well). Anyone who played that game knows how they stepped the combat difficulty in a big way. SHE WHOPED MY MONKEY ASS up until I just got sick of it and entered zen mode. She took away all but a single sliver of my health bar whereas I had only drained her about 40%, but I did it. I somehow killed her at that point without getting touched. It took like 10 minuets. That type of magic will never be repeated again.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
I had a really awesome one, but I can't remember what game it was in... maybe later... but here's another good one.

The first time I did an air assassination in the Reach beta... that was the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life. I was flying, jumped on the guy's back, then grabbed him and slit his neck, or something to that effect

EightGaugeHippo said:
Completing The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind GOTY with both expansions) after spending around 3 years on and off playing that game. It was an amazing feeling. I Accutally had no idea what to do with myself afterwards.

Good job on the demon BTW.
I imagine it's like beating every quest Oblivion, except 20 times better and with ice cream. Nice!

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Several bossses in FFX have made me feel like that (Seymour Flux and Overdrive Sin to be precise) definately. Darn it some of those boss fights are hard but boy does it make you feel good after defeating a sting of what is esentially HP numbers. I kid of course, it is a great feeling to get further on in the game.
I also had the 'woo!! I did it!' feeling when I completed FFIII DS. That was the first game I ever beat, i.e. got to the end of and watched the credits.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Got the all trophies in fallout 3 took me ages and i didn't use a guide to help me find things.

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
Owlslayer said:
One that i remember is from Medieval 2.
I was defending Venice for years, something was wrong with the A.I cause everyone around me started attacking. I did what i could, but finally i had only left about 150 men, made out from 7 groups of units.Rabble. And then an army of 700 or so cavalry hit the city. I had only 1 hole in the wall, so i stacked every single solder in there. And to my surprise, i won. It felt just like the movie "300", but with my men still alive at the end! But i won because the enemy king had charged in and died first, and then a lot of morale was lost on his side, and eventually i won.

With 30 men still alive. Sweet!
I had something similar on one of the total war games, it may have been medieval 2, when the huns start invading, anyway 4 huge hun armys attacked my city without any siege weaponry, i quickly shot the few ladders they sent forwards, so they soon had no units that could attack my city, so they started withdrawing, you would think i would be happy with that victory, but i was starting to get fed up with constantly being attacked by huge armys and not being able to move, so i gathered loads of pikemen around one gate and opened it by moving a unit into the entrance, all of the enemy cavalry charged that one, severly outnumbered, gate, but due to the pikemen and the oil poured from the gate they got completely massacred, just the whole floor covered in horses, with my archer shooting down most of the ones that fled, it went on for like 20 mins because they kept routing, reforming, charging, routing. eventually they all withdrew, but they had maybe half of one army left, including most of the generals, next turn i just charged out all of my cavalry and beat them in an epic battle.

another time in Rome total war i was marching a single unit of pretorian guard to my frontier when they were attacked by a large army of bandits, but through skillful manouvering i managed to succeed with minimal losses and i got a 'your captain can be adopted' thing, so i got a skilled general as well (who eventually became emperor because he was my favorite)

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Owlslayer said:
I was defending Venice for years, something was wrong with the A.I cause everyone around me started attacking. I did what i could, but finally i had only left about 150 men, made out from 7 groups of units.Rabble. And then an army of 700 or so cavalry hit the city. I had only 1 hole in the wall, so i stacked every single solder in there. And to my surprise, i won. It felt just like the movie "300", but with my men still alive at the end! But i won because the enemy king had charged in and died first, and then a lot of morale was lost on his side, and eventually i won.

Pretty awesome stuff you did there

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
I had a time I was playing TF2 with my cousin over live, and I just joined the game on offense/BLU, the same team as my cousin. I played scout and my cousin was complaining that no one could get onto the cap with the two sentries and pyros, soldiers and such. All I said was "Alright, I got it". Just to see where the sentries were, I ran into the cap point, ran past the two sentries, which were occupied with a heavy medic combo, and I just sat in the corner where they couldn;t hit me. In a couple seconds, nobody noticed me I taunt, laugh into my mic. I capped, we went to the next cap, got it and won the first place. The game just went on from there with us dominating. All I could hear was my cousin laughing over the mic just saying "You just fucking walked past two fucking sentries!".

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
Getting 100 kills in UT3 without dying. No titan/ behemoth, no power-ups, no hacks/ cheats. Only me and the sniper rifle. Got so many achievements!

Oh, and the day I completed 100% PS1's Spyro the Dragon. Took me two years! So hard, but worth it. Awesome game.

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
Owlslayer said:

Nice one ;)

I also got one on Medieval 2.

I was defending a siege with the Holy Roman Empire. Venice had about 1000 soldiers, mostly spearmen and archers. I had the General's Bodyguard, 4 units of Town Militia, and 2 units of Archers.
They had a captain, and it was infantry.
I did what I always do. Put the cannon fooder on loose formation in range of the enemy missile units, while my cavalry ran to the enemy's left flank ( right side, if we're looking at the army when it's turned to us ).
The general's charge is the best in the game. I aligned my general with the enemy's captain and charged, thus killing him. After doing so, just charged from behind at every unit facing forward, killing about 700 men with the bodyguard down to 4 men, I charged with what was left of my infantry, closing the formation as they ran. I ended in disaster. I forgot to charge against the heavy infantry!
With all of my infantry routing, I sent out my archers to melee the enemy force. The infantry came back to fight and I charged again with the remaining cavalry. The battle was even, the bodyguard died, leaving the general alone and injured. I managed to make two of the five remaining enemy units rout, but they came back, however, wavering. I only had the general left. 1 man against about 130. In an act of glory and stupidity, I charged him against the biggest unit. The outcome?

I won! My charging general made all the enemy soldiers route in fear!
I was so happy.:3
Crazy Leopold saved the day.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Online multiplayer for COD:WAW.
I can't snipe, I just don't like using scopes. so to get all the gear for the bolt action rifles stuck to iron sights.

Those familiar with the Cliffside map will know what I'm on about here. There are 2 areas at either end of this map and I think it's one of the longest distances in any of the multiplayer maps. I ligned up my sights to the general area on the opposite end of the map and waited for some sucker to appear. Fucker kept moving but I took the shot anyway and got a headshot as he JUMPED into my sights! BOOM I said for all to hear and from then on I vowed to call any scope user a cheater for I was elite!

/end ego boost.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Oh yes, and in TF2 I headshotted a falling heavy completely by accident, and as a Pyro I hit a scout in midair with the flare gun.

On a related note, blasting people to smithereens with the Direct Hit, especially at close range, is immensely satisfying.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
gamerguy473 said:
LordCuthberton said:
I just completed Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 on Realistic in one sitting from 10am to 9.30pm.

Best part is, on normal mode I hadn't even got past the 3rd level.

Hard games need to be harder.
That game had some pretty cheap AI, though. I can't count the number of times I would open a door, and every enemy bot on the level would be crouched with their shotguns trained on the door just waiting for me because they used their magic senses to know exactly where I am. Still, though, it was a great game.
If you play T-Hunt, especially two-player split screen, tag a terrorist, and then alert him and take cover.

Watch as he proceeds to teleport and speed hack through the level to find a way to flank you. It's pretty hilarious.

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
Awesome gaming/achievement moments?
Killzone 2: I was gunning down ISA guys. They kept coming through this narrow way. Suddenly, klick, no ammo left. I pulled out a grenade and ran right into a bunch of them. BAM! I felt so heroic.
Empire: Total War: Osmanian (are they called "Osmanian" in english? I can't really find the right form.) forces tried to take Gibraltar after devastating my North Africa colonies. My forces were on their way, but they were way to slow to arrive at time. Gibraltar only had 2 regiments of armed tonwspeople and 1 militia. I knew there wasn't a chance to hold the walls (the enemy had non-movable cannons, so my walls would have been destroyed if I manned them). I stationed the militia in the middle of the fort, right at the flag (if the enemy is able to hiss his flag and defend it over a minute or so, he wins the battle) so that the enemy couldn't take that place to fast. The townsmen were stationed right in a big building next to the flag. I was just playing on time, I wanted to kill as many enemies as possible, so that they couldn't do more damage when invading Spain. If they would have gotten through Spain, Europe wouldn't really be in danger, but the enemy could split up and annoy me for some time and slow me down, giving them more time to build up defense in North Africa. But somehow... those militia and townsmen... killed everyone. I still can't really say how, but it seems like they weren't able to give up - the first half of enemy forces were already fleeing while the second half wasn't even through the doors. Their morale seemed to drop incredibly fast after their general fell and many were killed, until my townsmen didn't have any ammo left. So I positioned them in the middle, to fight side by side with the militia. They held of two armies (well, one army and one reinforcement nearly as big as the army.) before they fell. Brave men. Through their sacrifice, I was able to take North Africa really fast, pushing the enemy back to the Middle East.
Left 4 Dead: Mercy Hospital finale. Three of us were already in the chopper, but the one who played Zoey was pulled back by a smoker, just a few meters away from the chopper. So I jumped out and tried to save her, while the other two guys were emptying their weapons into the horde to hold them off. We jumped into the chopper, a second before a tank threw a stone at us.
Starwars Battlefront II: It was a space battle. Our team had already given up hope when I joined the server. They took a lander (the big ones that can act as a spawn point when being landed in the enemy hangar) and, well, barricaded in the ship of the enemy. They weren't able to get to the systems inside the ship, so they just kept destroying the smaller ships in the hangar. Another guy who just joined took a bomber, me too, and we destroyed all systems from the outside and killed the few hunters out there - those guys were just picking off the ones that tried to get into their hangar to reinforce those who barricaded. It somehow felt like we saved this battle.
Metro 2033: There is one section where you have to defend a barricade with some other guys against really big waves of enemies. Those enemies are ALL melee. Midthrough the battle, I ran out of ammo. Not even one bullet for anything. So I pulled out my knife, running around. I played hit and run with them - run in, hit one, run in circles, hit again, run. In the end, I made it. I hate and love that game, love for the incredible atmosphere, hate for being so short (introducing stuff and then never again using it), never hinting at what you might need for the next mission and having so many dumb human foes, while all beasts just were melee. And those freaking amoebas (what is the correct plural in english? In german, it is "Amöben"...). But still, the atmosphere made this game awesome. Every victory seemed to be epic and felt like I barely made it.

Apr 29, 2010
LordCuthberton said:
I just completed Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 on Realistic in one sitting from 10am to 9.30pm.

Best part is, on normal mode I hadn't even got past the 3rd level.

Hard games need to be harder.
Damn, this makes me want to replay Rainbow Six: Vegas on Realistic. But, man..Just Cause 2 keeps sucking me in. I have over 60 hours logged in that game, and I still have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing as far as the plot goes.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
zombiejoe said:
Ok, I was playing metro 2033, and for those who don't know, there are flying muntats called "Demons" or if you like Burbon "Bitches." They are one of the hardest monsters to kill in the game, and most of them you'll probely want to run instead of waste bullets on. But then I got an idea. One demon, is on the ground, dosen't see me, and I pull out the sticky grenade (it's more like a staby grenade, but what ever) I sneek up behind, then fling it at the Demon. It sticks to the wing, and Demon takes off. I watch him, and then BOOM, the demon falls to the ground.

WHOOO, JUST ONE MORE AND I GET AN ACHEIVMENT.

So what moments in gaming made you feel awesome?

It can be big or small.

EDIT: WHOOO, I DID IT, I KILLED A SECOND DEMON! I was teamed up with Burbon (characater in game), and he stops me, and shows me a "*****"
Instead of staying with Burbon and waiting for it to leave, I ran out, and chased down the demon. I wait for him to land on the ground, which caused some damage because I was very close. I threw my last sticky grenade at him, he flys off, and BOOM. I get the achievment. Sadly, I could not see my trouphy kill, as it died flying over a big fence.

The funny thing is soon after that you get chased by two other demons. THEY CAME FOR REVENGE!

EDIT 2: And I just one the Exorcist Achievement.
Somehow my sticky grenades (Or rather dynomite with pins attached) didn't kill it, nor did the rest of many bullets I landed into it.

This isn't really an achievement but sort of reminds me of what you said, in Stalker: Pripyat one there was that bit where you find the thing in the landmine infested area and suddenly all thises mutants start running at you and I was like "f**kf**kf**k" and then remembered tha-BABANGBANGBANG!

Was just so beatiful to see them all go and explode.

Anyway one of my favorite achievements was a fight me and my brother had in Soul Calibur, the fight actually looked like a propper sword fight with both of us constantly dodging and countering. was beautiful

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
COD: MW 2 - We were playing Domination in the Airport level and were 190 - 10 down and I managed to drag us up to 170 pretty much on my own. I stopped them from capturing several points before taking them myself and then managed to hold them for the whole time. My team just seemed to be dicking about in fire-fights which almost certainly helped my cause a bit but we could have won had one other guy just backed me. Any way, I was proud to be way ahead at the top of the score board with most points and kills and least deaths and to have oh so nearly made such an awesome comeback victory.