I don't like Half Life :C

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
For me it would probably be the total war series. I just don't get it, and I don't understand why it has such a huge following. There's so many better rts's.

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
Yup, I don't like Half-life, nor Bioshock. Infact I'm not that keen on Super Smash Bros, though I did used to love the N64 version.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Blitzwarp said:
thatstheguy said:
Blitzwarp said:
Yeah. I'm one of those rare, rare, rare individuals who just doesn't get the hype around the Half Life games.
It's funny because of the amount of threads the Escapist gets daily on this subject makes me believe 99.9% of the Escapist hates Half-Life.

You are nothing special my good man. Apologies. D:
Ach, sorry dude. Guess I haven't been around long enough to see the spamming of threads. :C

(Also I'm a girl. x_x)
Oh. Um, good woman?

Anyway, yeah kinda sounded like a dick in the OP, but then again I'm pretty much the stubborn old man of the Escapist.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
Vaer said:
00slash00 said:
i dont know how far into the story you got, but it really doesnt come together until late in the game. the first one, you dont even really know whats going on, until near the end of the game. but when i did learn who i was and what was going on, it was a big moment. if you arent a d&d fan then it might be more difficult to get into the games. i love d&d and baldurs gate 1 and 2 are not only two of my favorite rpgs, they are two of my favorite games.

oh and ps-it makes me happy to see someone who appreciates the awesome that was fallout 1 and 2 (though i thought fallout 1 was by far the best of the series
Like I said, the game really just didn't get me interested.. I don't know, maybe I'll give it another shot I didn't play it for more then I dunno 3... 4 hours maybe, I know that's a very small amount of time to get in to a rpg I know that much but it just didn't grasp my attention for some reason, it bored me really.. I don't know how to explain it.

As far as being a fan of d&d, well... I'm not a fan of the pen&paper d&d since I never even tried it for whatever reasons, but I do like crpgs that feature the d&d and ad&d system, in fact most of my favorites use them KotOR 1&2, NWN 1&2( for the first nwn didn't like the campaign at all but the gameplay was solid and the great amounts of quality mods really made it one of the games that I always have installed ), The Temple of Elemental Evil, etc.
the temple of elemental evil is a good example. its pretty much a pen and paper d&d game, in video game form. baldurs gate isnt for everyone but if you only play for 4 hours, i dont think youre going to have a different opinion. i thought it had a fantastic story and i loved the gameplay, but i do think it was meant for fans of pen and paper rpgs

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
believer258 said:
Ummm... so what do you like?
I really hate that question... it's so sterotypical...

here's a list of the games I've been playing a lot of recently

Killer Instinct
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Magicka
TF2
Monday Night Combat
Armored Core 4
KotOR 1+2
StarCraft 2
No More Heroes (I'm still not bored with it!)
Monster Lab
and I actually picked up Crazy Taxi and Resident Evil 2 on my Dreamcast recently

and a lot of online Flash games
namely RPG/RTS ones

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Any CoD, ESPECIALLY CoD:BlOps. Also, Halo 3/ODST, though Reach I enjoy *has no reason for that second one*

...So, from this thread, I've learned that a lot of gamers are a bit too nervous to hate on CoD.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Fallout 3. I can stand the jarring openness of the game, but I really hate the gameplay. It seems like there's so much stats for everything, just for the sake of having those stats. It doesn't help that everywhere I look there is so much gray and brown. It just feels really unpolished and boring.

Kavachi said:
I hate JRPG's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. Really, I have never enjoyed them, especially Final Fantasy. I really don't get it. It's probably because I don't really like anime either.
Chances are you didn't play Final Fantasy VI then. It's the easiest one in the series to get into.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Don said:
bulldogftw said:
Call of Duty: Black Ops. The best call of duty game? No that would be number 4.
Second that, oh yes I have to second that - 4 is my favourite in terms of single and multiplayer.
Agreed best COD ever....and ever will be

thirdsonsaburo

Apr 10, 2010
I don't like Left 4 Dead. Zombies? Boring and overdone. Multiplayer? I'd rather not. First person? I'm not into nausea. Multiplayer, zombies, first-person, and no real narrative?

Fuck that shit.

Fawcks

May 10, 2010
Plants VS Zombies.

And this is coming from someone who LIKES Tower Defense games.

I bought, paid for, and took Assassains Creed home for playing it for... Five hours? IDK, I was waiting for it to GET GOOD. It never did...

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
TestECull said:
Any online FPS. For the life of me I cannot figure out why people play them. They're boring, they're repetitive as hell, they're frustrating, they're about as simple as you can get story wise, and the people who have mastered them are utter dicks nine times out of ten.
Exactly this.

And, um... KOTOR. I love Bioware games, I love sci-fi, I love Star Wars... but I did not enjoy KOTOR. I found it dull and lifeless.

Sharalon

Jan 19, 2011
Shotzey said:
Half-Life: Not that I find it bad, just not "Z0mg best gameh EVAH!!!!"

Call of Duty after WaW, Played MW2 for a few months just to play with friends and found out I reaallly hate it. Black Ops is no better.

Mass Effect: Visiting planets and generally ignoring most of my crew while fighting with same-y weapons against same-y enemies. I played for close to 8 hours without having fun only to find out that apparently the endgame is what makes it good. Endgame =\= 50= hours of boredom. The sequel also made it too, shooterish for my liking.
About mass effect. The reason you play mass effect is really not the gameplay, it's pretty much a standard cover based third person shooter, but what makes it special is the great story with some really great dialog and some of the best moral choices I have ever seen in a game.

I really hope that this is the future of gaming. More story instead of boring and generic shooters with patriotic americans and terrorists.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Magicman10893 said:
I never really got into Bioshock. The game just got annoying and boring to me.
I had the same problem the first time I played bioshock, but I went back to it and completed it and loved it. You have to give it a chance for the story to unfold.

Joshica Huracane

Feb 21, 2011
Final Fantasy Games. Or most JRPG's for that matter. Also, any game with turn based combat (aside from pokemon, but it turns out, I can't get into those anymore either). So yea, I know people who have played through them and absolutely idolize the characters... then I say, that girl has an extremely large sword. Then I get excluded from the conversation.

Note: thats not just me baiting them, I honestly don't know most of the characters. I played a demo once that put me off it forever.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Most Valve games. The only ones that I've liked were Left 4 Dead (Two. I've never played the first) and Portal (can't wait for Portal 2). Personally, I'd rather stick to my RPGs and Black Ops/Gears (couch multiplayer goodness)

uttaku

Sep 20, 2010
Rome total war, a lot of people seem to rate it as the best in the series ut to my mind its the weakest (medieval 1 all the way)

I'm going to agree on Half life 2, I did make a point of playing all the way through it and I normally really like more tatical stroy driven fps (dues ex is on of my all time favorite games) but I just felt that the shooting wasn't very good in itself and the story seemed to assume a lot more background knowledge than I had (never played or even looked at the orginals) so made bugger all sense.

Also Dragon Age, dear god the stroy was generic as hell, the skill trees/weapons wlacked varity/fun/much explanation and the combat was dull.