I GOT TINNITUS! What terrifying illness do you have!

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Migrene, annyoing as fuck. But the older i get the lesser it appears, and also the severity lessens. But when i was at the age of 8-10, i would even blackout from the pain from time to time.

Except from that i've nothing chronic. Broke a few bones, i'm slightly damaged everywhere waist-downwards from playing soccer for 18 years. Basically all joints / ligaments are fuck'd up, because they couldn't grow as they should due to overuse during my puberty *shrug*
When i wake up i sound like a box full of crackers gettin' broken, but it doesnt hurt - luckily.

There are problems with the bronchitis / lungs running in our family, so that may occur later in my life. Yay?

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Well, my most recent diagnosis is Multiple Personality Disorder. Quite an experience. It actually kinda helps with Tinitus, because I'm never really in a quiet room. Wouldn't recommend it as a treatment though.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
I have Hypokalemia Periodic Paralysis, a genetic mutation so rare around here that the doctors pretty much have to look it up every time I have to be hospitalised. While it tends to be alright it can cause temporary full body paralysis and frequently has in the past. Though I have been working with a new doctor and haven't had a paralytic episode in over two years, so things are generally going well.

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
So I have mono like right now. It's not a lot of fun. I'm getting over it though! I'm almost better. And it was totally worth contracting... but that's a different story. Mono isn't really a 'terrifying illness,' though, it's just like... nothin'. But I have Ulcerative Colitis, which is kind of scary. It's like Crohn's.

bleys2487

Oct 28, 2010
I'm deaf in my right ear :D My right shoulder can't hold any weight and the bottom right side of my jaw can be unhinged if I move it in the right spot.

Not really an illness though ;P

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Irritable bowel syndrome.

And it is terrifying. Not in a life-threatening sort of way, but in a "I was fine eating this last time, but what if it gives me really bad diarrhea for no reason this time?" sort of way. Makes road trips dreadful, as well as going anywhere that might not have bathrooms. Also I frequently wake up in the mornings with nausea and cramps because, hey, why not?

Nov 28, 2007
Currently on meds for depression, and I have badly formed kneecap grooves. Basically, for most people, their kneecap groove contains their kneecap, holding it in place. However, my kneecap grooves, I discovered after the second dislocation in 4 years, are too shallow to hold my kneecaps in place, and they are instead just balancing. I had surgery on my right knee, which lowered the chance of a redislocation from 100% to 10%, but I always worry about the left knee.

sammysoso

Jul 6, 2012
A few years ago my Eczema got really bad, related to a bad bout with allergies.

Hasn't really been a problem since, grateful to have been healthy. (I could stand to lose a couple pounds though)

Satocreed

Oct 26, 2009
I'm allergic to red food dyes. I call this weird because it manifests itself in what seems the be the complete shut down of my digestive system. Every time it happens I spend 2-3 days writhing in pain while something tries to eat its way out of my stomach. Oh and then if I consume enough red dye, I'll go into anaphylactic shock midway through day 4. Its great fun.

I am only a man

Feb 25, 2011
Not really a disease but when I was really young I used to hold my breath when I was upset or scared. The part that sucked was I physically couldn't exhale until I was unconscious.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Blood Brain Barrier said:
I believe the theory of deja vu is that the brain thinks it remembers what is happening at the present time, so it's purely a malfunction of the memory processes to regard an experience as new. Is that about right?
About right. =) There are at least 4 or 5 major theories, from the philosophical to the biological.

....sugar free cheesecake!
The cake is real? I want the cake!

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Meaning of Karma said:
I have tinnitus, and it's fucking awful.

It never fucking stops. Never. It's gotten to the point where I just can't sit in silence. When I go to bed, I have to have something else making noise, just to distract me from the god-damn ringing. It's the same when I try to read books.

Of course, it's definitely not as bad as some of the things being listed here.
I've always had a low level of Tinnitus but it wasn't particularly noticable until recently when my ear blocked up with wax, I'm set to get the wax removed soon so hopefully I won't need to deal with it at this level too much longer but in the mean time it is very irritating.

I hear there is more research into Tinnitus these days and we might see a cure for it in the next few years which would be a huge relief.