I hate youtube for this... (fellow metalheads/TRUE rockers, you know what im talking about)

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
kman123 said:
AvsJoe said:
Polock said:
....Ska isn't dead....
It ain't dead; it's just been silenced indefinitely.
Ska will NEVER die. EVER.

*massive Streetlight Manifesto fan who will kill you if you suggest they are dead.*
Ha, STreetlight Manifesto are awesome. I've posted a few of their videos around some of the various msuci-related threads but never get any sort of response, which is a shame because Tomas Kalnoky is an incredible songwriter. Ska isn't dead, it's just sitting really really low at the moment, biding it's time. Waiting for the revolution to begin with a ring of brass building the momentum.

The UK underground ska scene is trying so hard to come back and It's not doing too badly in my opinion. No genre of music is really dead...you just have to look around (under the carpets, in bins) to find people that still make them.

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
at OP: Couldn't give a shit mate, if I don't respect someones opinion and they are not saying anything dangerous or that could provoke violence (if people not using your preferred musical terminology invokes violent feelings then you need help)then I'm not bothered by there opinion.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
It annoys me a bit occasionally, sure, but I generally don't give a shit what other people thinks about the things I like.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
Azaraxzealot said:
EDIT: Before anyone goes off and yells at me for being "ignorant" and biased. What I'm getting mad about is how my genre is being confused with other genres that i hate. It would be like if people said "Shadow of the Collosus is stupid because its just walking around and jumping on shit." that would make any gamer mad, right? I just dont like people being ignorant and mixing up Rock and Metal with Screamo/Emo creatures is all, and that's what this rant is about.

do you, fellow metalheads and even just people who appreciate music that requires SKILL to play (like classic rock such as The Who and ZZ Top), hate that our music is ALL being pidgeon-holed by youtube as "screamo"?

seriously, you ask anyone who's into pop music about what they think of rock and they'll say "it's just people screaming."

on a scale of 1-10, how high is your rage over this? im seriously at 11 right now, pushing 12 because the youtube generation is growing up thinking anything that's not processed bullshit like anything on Wild 94.9 or that isn't Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber is simply Emo/Screamo crap.

Off-topic: yeah, i know i have another thread here, but my rage at this was just provoked when i saw a video that said "Miley Cirus Screamo Version" or something like that and i listened to it and it was ACTUALLY GRINDCORE! THERE'S A HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE PEOPLE! IN TERMS OF SKILL REQUIRED AND STYLE! DON'T YOU EVER MIX GRINDCORE AND DEATH METAL UP WITH PUSSY BULLSHIT LIKE FALLOUT BOY OR MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE OR AFI!

/rant
I met Parkway Drive, Bleeding Through, Comeback Kid and Stone sour last week. I saw a load of bands too, Emmure, and all that I said earlier, WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Rage = 0

People who don't listen to rock, metal and the subgenres thereof are not likely, nor are they required, to be knowledgeable about them. End of story.

Get over it.

Sep 11, 2009
ITT: 8th graders talking about music.
legion431 said:
this is one of the only few intelligent places on the Internet
There are a few more intelligent places, 4chan's /v/ for example. I think you would fit in just fine.
Lilani said:
I love Loreena Mckennitt
Then learn to spell her name right.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
YouTube commenters represent the most concentrated demographic of stupidity this side of the Fox News viewership. I care nothing for their ignorance, as I'm too busy living my life and rocking out to Artillery.

Everyone who considers themselves a red blooded male should ask themself - would you rather be whinging and bitching about random children on YouTube, or spending that same time earning money and meeting women? If you know you're better than them, why not prove it?

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
Azaraxzealot said:
EDIT: Before anyone goes off and yells at me for being "ignorant" and biased. What I'm getting mad about is how my genre is being confused with other genres that i hate. It would be like if people said "Shadow of the Collosus is stupid because its just walking around and jumping on shit." that would make any gamer mad, right? I just dont like people being ignorant and mixing up Rock and Metal with Screamo/Emo creatures is all, and that's what this rant is about.

do you, fellow metalheads and even just people who appreciate music that requires SKILL to play (like classic rock such as The Who and ZZ Top), hate that our music is ALL being pidgeon-holed by youtube as "screamo"?

seriously, you ask anyone who's into pop music about what they think of rock and they'll say "it's just people screaming."

on a scale of 1-10, how high is your rage over this? im seriously at 11 right now, pushing 12 because the youtube generation is growing up thinking anything that's not processed bullshit like anything on Wild 94.9 or that isn't Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber is simply Emo/Screamo crap.

Off-topic: yeah, i know i have another thread here, but my rage at this was just provoked when i saw a video that said "Miley Cirus Screamo Version" or something like that and i listened to it and it was ACTUALLY GRINDCORE! THERE'S A HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE PEOPLE! IN TERMS OF SKILL REQUIRED AND STYLE! DON'T YOU EVER MIX GRINDCORE AND DEATH METAL UP WITH PUSSY BULLSHIT LIKE FALLOUT BOY OR MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE OR AFI!

/rant

Link me one Who or ZZ Top video which isn't labeled as Rock N Roll or Metal..... You've made your argument in such a manner that you seem stupid. Congratulations.

ForverRiot

Dec 18, 2008
You realise, you've just done exactly what you're raging about? I'm sure other people have pointed this out, but I'm not going to read through all the posts.
Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and AFI are not screamo. OR, for that matter, Emo.
If you want to get annoyed about people "insulting" your prefered genre's with their ignorance, maybe you should stop being so ignorant yourself?

wierdman51

Apr 24, 2009
AugustFall said:
Edit: It's kind of funny that you rage at them pigeon holing your favorite music but you are just as quick to pigeon hole theirs.
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, dont you agree? cause thats what this is a case of, he figures sionce they "pidgeon hole" his, he can "pidgeon hole theirs". well to anyone who thinks the original poster is right, remember,
"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
legion431 said:
Not raged at all. Just remember this is one of the only few intelligent places on the Internet, and we understand most things unlike most other people. Just let them be ignorant.

EDIT: Okay, not ignorant. Some people just don't understand music they're not familiar with. What's the point of getting angry about some people who don't understand your type of music as well as you do, just let them stick to theirs.
Most people are not willing to learn about different types of music either, most of them are hopeless in my experience.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
It's at a 1. Hey I'm to happy to be serious. What the OP said made me laugh. :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I couldn't care less, and I've been a metalhead for 23 of my 30 years.

As long as the good shit keeps coming out I'll be a happy camper :)

Wilko316

Jun 16, 2010
I find idiocy isn't worth getting mad over, that would just fuel the giant mutant of shitness that the music industry has become. So just remember that when Justin Beiber slithers out of a mirror to another dimension to give us his latest single, probably one word repeating again, that ignorance is bliss. Let idiots be idiots, as the moronic let us appreciate ourselves.
God I sound like the most up-tight twat :p.

MakerOfRoads

Aug 19, 2009
I sidestep the whole issue and mostly listen to blues. Nobody can tell me Stevie Ray Vaughn is anything but a downhome blues guy. And I love it.

Oh and Beardyman. That dude has crazy amounts of skill, almost doesnt seem fair to the rest of us.
(e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55l1PZZgUOA&feature=channel)