I just invented the world's greatest dish.

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
Recipe: Take something you haven't eaten for years. Don't eat all day... Maybe go into your second day with little more than breakfast the previous day.

Eat the first item.

Hunger is the best spice.

...... I'm not a cook ok? Though a waffle bannana split breakfast was pretty good... not my idea.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Queen Michael said:
I was frying bacon, and then I saw a bunch of leftover tortillas on the kitchen table. So I took my newly fried bacon and put it in the tortilla, and thus the bacon burrito was born. It tasted better than anything else I've ever had. Three of them were my dinner today.

So what great dishes have you invented?
I hope you don't really think you invented the bacon burrito, there's a place in my school that actually sells the things :p

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
Handmade meatballs with beef mince, pork mince, breadcrumbs, egg and parsley. Just a touch of salt and pepper. So meaty. Fried, then simmered in a homemade Napoletana sauce, perhaps with a dash of white wine and some mushrooms for more flavour.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
Queen Michael said:
So what great dishes have you invented?
Yorkshire puddings with cheese and beans spooned in them.
Was literally all I had in my (Student) food cupboard, so I mixed it all up. It's actually REALLY nice. Like a cross between beans on toast and a pie :D

EDIT:

n00beffect said:
White cheese, between two toasty slices of bread, sprinkled with red pepper... Oh man, i gotta go make myself one, now.
What is white cheese? Is that American for Cheddar?

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
I'm sorry but you are wrong because the best dish ever was invented a long time ago

Poutine

French fries, gravy and cheese curds

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
OneCatch said:
n00beffect said:
White cheese, between two toasty slices of bread, sprinkled with red pepper... Oh man, i gotta go make myself one, now.
Well I'm from Canada so I might be wrong but most people I know associate cheddar with orange and mozzarella with white, even though there is both white and marble (mixed) cheddar. Also havardi is the best cheese next to emmental.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Ehhhh. Nothing here. But a friend enjoys coating his grilled cheese with chocolate syrup after it's cooked.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Two minute noodles (cook then drain most the water), add cream cheese and bacon. I was in heaven.
Otherwise my friend and I once topped a pizza with Chicken Mcnuggets, fries and Popcorn chicken.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I turned the Chicken Parmigiana into the 'Mexican Parmigiana' by adding salsa and jalapeños. The word delicious doesn't do the dish justice.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
Tomatos and Grapes.

I was making a sauce for spaghetti and I was picking at grapes and I dropped one in the tomato sauce. Took it out and ate it, twas delicious.

And then I cut the remaining grapes into bits and put them in the sauce.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
MEGAPANCAKE.
It is when you put all the pancake batter in the largest pan you have and cook it all at once.
It may not cook all the way through, but you don't care because it's a giant pancake that is all of your meals that day.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I can't cook for the life of me. Actually, for the life of me and others in the house its probably better that I just stay away from kitchens.

There was this one time though that I deep fried bacon. I thought it would be the greatest heart attack inducing creation on earth, but it really wasn't that great at all. Deep fried pickles are better.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Hmm .. it's pretty tough to claim I invented any dishes. I don't own any recipe books, but I cook everything from Beef Stroganoff to Lasagne by guessing the ingredients and methods.

The most interesting thing I've made though was a form of takoyaki I like to call 'Nandemoyaki'. Takoyaki are little savoury dough dumplings with a piece of octopus inside - very popular in Osaka. With Nandemoyaki, I just grab random ingredients from my fridge and cupboard and mix up fillings.

The best was probably the Bacon, Kimchi & Bean Sprouts Nandemoyaki.

As a side note - a fun game we used to play in a local bar in Osaka was 'Russian Roulette' using takoyaki. You'd have six takoyaki - one of them was filled with fresh wasabi instead of any octopus. You and five mates would all grab one and eat at the same time, carefully watching each other, trying to guess who had the one that was entirely wasabi.

Me, being me, would order this for myself and eat all 6.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
him over there said:
OneCatch said:
n00beffect said:
Well I'm from Canada so I might be wrong but most people I know associate cheddar with orange and mozzarella with white, even though there is both white and marble (mixed) cheddar. Also havardi is the best cheese next to emmental.
Ok cool, was just wondering because I'd never heard the phrase before. Learn something new every day!

P.S. Colliers Welsh Cheddar [http://www.collierscheese.com/] is the best cheese in existence XD

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
I made whopper ice cream (like actually making the ice cream myself). Combining my two favorite desserts seemed like the right thing to do