I Just Joined the "PC Master Race", what games should i buy???

TheFPSisDead

Jan 3, 2011
yogibbear said:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
Terraria
Minecraft
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Baldur's Gate II
Gothic 2
Thief (all)
System Shock 2
Arcanum
Planescape: Torment
Fallout 2
The Witcher 1 & 2

BTW PM me your steam id and I'll gift you a copy of Portal 1.
Thank you! I certainly will :)

Markus Tollefson

Feb 27, 2011
Download Team Fortress 2 and play for free. Its a very nice FPS and as an added bonus you don't have to spend any money!

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
The Witcher 1 and 2
Risen
Mirror's Edge

and an account at GoG.com for all those great games you've been missing out on for years

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Pick up TF2 off of Steam. It's free, so it's worth giving a shot.

DE:HR is a pretty solid game, too.

And you already have Skyrim, so you're off to a solid start. Let the modding begin, I say.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Get the Dawn of War RTS games, grab a Total War title, and then buy Sins of a Solar Empire.

CaptainOctopus

Oct 5, 2011
Stalker SoC together with Complete Mod 2012 [http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009], makes it still is the best singelplayer FPS since Half Life 2.

SupCom Forged Alliance, still the best modern rts game.

The Witcher 2, best rpg game released in years.

Minecraft, the best game in years ;).

Pompey71

May 31, 2009
Ignore all new games, get on GOG.com and get Baldurs Gate 2, Deus Ex 1 and Crusader No Remorse!

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Roll around at Good Old Games (GOG.com), and pick up hl2, stalker, and everything Bioware made pre-ME2

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
http://troll.me/images/x-all-the-things/play-all-the-things.jpg
That's all I need to say, I think. Start by looking through Steam. Amazing selection, and has lots of indie games (get indie games; there are lots of fantastic ones).

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
TheFPSisDead said:
I already bough Skyrim, redeemed my free copy of Portal 2, and have Starcraft II, just to give you an idea of genre's i like.
I won't tell you to go and buy anything, but I'd be happy to direct you to games you may want to look into, and then decide for yourself.

Wargame: European Escalation is a newly released RTS, focusing on a fictional NATO/Warsaw Pact conflict. Doesn't have base building, focusing instead on pure action. In a way, it's kind of an updated World in Conflict, I guess.
The Witcher 2 is an RPG, and one I'll assume you've heard talk of. It's quite different from Skyrim, but it's probably one of the best PC games in recent times.
In S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series the best game, in my opinion, is Shadow of Chernobyl. It has the best "maps", while Call of Pripyat has the best gameplay. If you end up with either, do make sure you try out the "Complete" mods. Some would tell you to play it vanilla first, but honestly, I'd recommend just going straight in with the mod.
Metro 2033was made by a team of people who left GSC during the development of Shadow of Chernobyl. I consider this game the most atmospheric one I've ever experienced. It's actually very linear, but it honestly didn't feel like it. I can't stress enough how freaking amazing this game looks, if you have the hardware for it.
Bastion is sort of an indie-style platform-sidescrolling combo. Yeah, so shoot me, I can't describe it. Should check it out, it's a pretty special little gem.
Battlefield 3 is my favorite straight-shooter available right now. If you live under a stone and thus don't know of it, go YouTube or something.
The X3 series is a space-sim, in a HUGE way. It's really hard to get into, and it will frustrate you to no end until you master it, but if you can bridge that gap it will entertain you for well beyond one thousand hours. Space combat, trading, build your own massive fleet, take over a galaxy, whatever you want, it will let you do it.
If you liked Portal, you might like QUBE. It's a puzzler, but its a little shorter and uses different mechanics.
Mirror's Edge is one of those games that I simply don't see why so few people liked. Basically, it's a game about getting from A to B as fast as you possibly can, involving a lot of thinking on your feet and making snap decisions. As with so much, there's no time like the first time.
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is the only game that I don't dare play alone. It scares the living shit outta me. You're a dude who has amnesia, and has to backtrack through a castle to recover your memory, all the while being chased by a monster that you can't fight back against. Tough luck.

I'm sure I can think of more if you want me to, but for now, I'll leave you with those.

Evilpigeon

Feb 24, 2011
Sins of a solar empire, play a large skirmish and sit there in awe of exactly how far you can zoom.

Mount and blade is an awesome rpg/strategy game/thing

Go find a good pc news site, I use rps and have a look at the free and indie games they discuss, really good way to find interesting stuff that you'd never get on console.

Sigma Van Lockheart

Jun 7, 2011
TheFPSisDead said:
I already bough Skyrim, redeemed my free copy of Portal 2, and have Starcraft II, just to give you an idea of genre's i like.
Well well well nice to have you and all so first things first. Have you got steam if not then get it next download tf2 its free now then you can join my lovely comunity Mogz we have a gmod tf2 killing floor and minecraft server. They are a freindly bunch http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mogzkat and btw i think you might like to get gmod as the game mode TTT might just be something you like. Oh and my name is ~Sigma~ feel free to add me.