I just met Lady GaGa

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
EightGaugeHippo said:
I am very Jelly of your brief encounter with

Most famous person I've "met" would be Bill Bailey about 3 years ago.
Saw him in London, pointed at him and screamed:
"HUMAN SLAVES! IN AN INSECT NATION!"

Come to think of it... It might not have even been him.
He was bald with a beard... and had sticky out eyes... like Mr Bailey.
But I'm still not sure.
Dude.. That might have been my Uncle! He looks EXACTLY like Bailey! And my Uncle lived in London until about 4 months ago

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
I met Simon Pegg, Kate Ashfield and Nick Frost when they were filming Shaun Of The Dead. I don't remember it very well, but it was rather a few years ago.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
MeXR said:
I FUCKING LOVE CORN FIELDS!!
WHAT? THEM BE FIGHTING WORDS. EVERYONE KNOW APPLES ORCHARDS ARE FULL OF WIN AND VICTORY.

OT.

I met Jamie Fox, my mayor of the city, and George Perez. I also met and hated Frank miller.

I always wanted to meet Linkara, Grant morrison and Kevin Smith.

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
I met Ross Noble a couple times after his gigs, he's pretty much the same, except he wears this great sort of farmer's cap with all his hair tucked in. He's happy to sign my ticket every year, even gave me a little inspirational message on my first one since I was one of the audience members of his show.
Also met Tommy Tallerico (Or however you spell his last name). He does a lot of game music, most notably the old Earthworm Jim games. He was over in Dublin on his Video Games Live tour, I won some contest thing where I could play Sweet Emotions on Guitar Hero with the whole Orchestra, so I hung out backstage with him a bit. Cool guy, a bit pushy when it comes to putting on a show. He made me do Expert mode when I'd only played the song once before...
When we were in Paris apparantly Kylie Minogue was sitting behind us in a cafe, but I didn't see her. When my mom saw her she took out a camera and she looked a little angry, but then my mom turned the camera to us and took a family photo, I think she appreciated that lack of attention.
My mom's met loads of famous stage actors, mostly english and irish ones, but I'm always impressed at the names she's met.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Oh, er...I'm..happy for you? Honestly, she's pretty low on my list of celebrities that I'd like to meet.

The closest I'd ever been to meeting a famous person was that kid in Star Wars Episode 1 that picked on Anikin's pod racer. He was at a scout camp running one of the stations. He was kinda a douche.

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
EightGaugeHippo said:
I am very Jelly of your brief encounter with Lady Gaga...
No homo.
No Sarcasm.

OT
Most famous person I've "met" would be Bill Bailey about 3 years ago.
Saw him in London, pointed at him and screamed:
"HUMAN SLAVES! IN AN INSECT NATION!"

[Edit]
Come to think of it... It might not have even been him.
He was bald with a beard... and had sticky out eyes... like Mr Bailey.
But I'm still not sure.

If it turns out not to have been him... my runner up would be "talking" to Peter Molyneux on Facebook. He told me to stop sending him friend requests in a Private Message.
..how many could you possibly have sent? o_o.

OT; to my knowledge..none, really. damn.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Ahaha, memories. Last year at Supernova (a convention here in Melbourne), I met and got a photo with Ben Browder, known most notably for the last couple seasons of Stargate SG-1, and the series Farscape.

Talking for a little bit before getting the photo, we laughed about the fact that I was too tall, and we had to swap who's arm was going over who for the photo.

And afterwards, we just talked a little bit about, regular conversation, laughing with each other some more before I had to leave so the next person could get their photo.

I don't normally fanboy like I did, but I literally couldn't stop smiling for almost a week after that.

(Not posting the image here, though. While I'm fine with posting images of myself, I'm not so sure about posting ones of other people...)

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
I met Dennis Locorriere when I was nine. I went with my extended family and we were in the front row. His capo flew off his guitar in the middle of the performance or when he was just tweaking his guitar a bit, and my great aunt and granny made me get up and give it back to him.
He said thank you, asked my age and all, smiling, was really kind and then started his next song. Later we got to talk to him a bit and I got my photo with him. I'll have to fish it out; it's a nice enough photograph but I don't know if I'd be prepared to show my nine-year-old self to the internet, hah.

I was also mentioned in the local newspaper (which is probably still about somewhere as well) for being so helpful. >.> In fact, I found an internet version of it, aiee..

Press Ctrl+F and search the sentence "Most of the audience were, ahem, of a certain age though one nice little nine year old girl ran to the stage. "When's she's 21," quipped Locorriere, "I'll be dead." on http://www.dennislocorriere.com/tour-dates.htm

I actually remember him saying that now. I'm 18 now, and he seems well enough so I'm sure he'll be alive and kicking by then. I mean, come on; he's younger than Ritchie Blackmore and he's well.
Anyhow, I don't usually like country but I really like his. Probably grown on me over the years, mind you, because of my gran.

x

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Huh, I envy you lot. I can't remember ever meeting anyone vaguely famous. Oh well.

SenseOfTumour said:
However, my greatest 'celeb' meet, would be Charlie Brooker, pre-Screenwipe, maybe even pre-Guardian columns.
Oh wow, for the first time in this thread I am properly jealous. "You lucky bastard" is all I can really say.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Tons of famous musicians, or at least famous in their particular genre. I guess the guys in Metallica are the most famous out of the bunch, and surely people almost anyone would recognize, regardless of their tastes in music.

kjh242

Jan 7, 2010
Jack Black, he was filming a movie at our High School in Texas. Forget which one, recent though. not out yet.
As for personality, he was... interesting. Let's just say that he does crazy people so well because he is something of a nut.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Most famous? Probably Jimmy Carr or Judi Dench.

Favourite famous person? Robert Llewellyn (Kryten from Red Dwarf and host of Scrapheap Challenge). Such a nice bloke too.