I just walked out of a movie for the first time today.

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009
Zorpheus said:
InsomniJack said:
Twilight.

Although, to be honest, it was a DVD.

And strangely, I was able to sit through it's sequels. And they were stupider than the first one.
That was because enough of your braincells were annihilated by the first one that it made you bring the others to "tolerable" levels.
Ah, but the strangness is that I saw the second one first, then the first, then the third. And it was only the first movie that I had to walk away from.

On a related note, I also walked away from Avatar. But I think that one was because it wasn't the right time for me to watch it yet.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
The only movie I saw in theaters that was bad enough for me to consider it would have been Meet the Spartans. That movie was painful, though I went expecting it to be bad.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I walked out of Finding Nemo but that's only because it was showing in an old theater and the movie stopped working and they gave us refunds.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
The closest I've ever got to walking out on a movie was Avatar. Nothing to do with the actual movie or anything (enjoyable to say the least) but because of traffic, Me and my freinds arrived at the theatre 5 minutes before it started, so the only seats left were right up the front. And I mean front row, where you have to crane your neck at a 90 degree angle and reading subtitles is like watching a tennis match. Plus there was some kid making an absolute racket with salt and vinegar crisps, which I detest at the best of times. Most annoying three hours of my life.

But I don't go to the cinema much anyway, and if I do, it's only to see movies that I'm psyched to see. so meh.

jobobob

Oct 17, 2008
I walked out of watchmen, it was just awful, but about the time the one girl was getting raped and she was remembering it fondly, I just left.

Raregolddragon

Oct 26, 2008

I wanted the cowboys strike that mercenary's to win and I will pretend that The Last Airbender never was made and that the cartoon is the only version of it. Just like how I pretend the Mario Brothers movie never happened.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I hated Devils Rejects. I walked out, couldn't stand it. I did go back in to try to give it another shot. The only good thing about it is the end (And if you've seen the movie, you know why)

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I haven't walked out of a cinema but there were a few films I watched at home where I was tempted to turn off and do something else so I can forget it, such as:

The Evil Dead (I was kind of expecting it to be more like what the sequels turned out to be)
Robocop 3
The Simpsons Movie
Terminator 3
IT

also End of Evangelion to a lesser extent, mainly because it's just a complete Mindfuck and I need to figure out what's going on. I still find it good though.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Gaz6231 said:
Last time I walked out of a movie was when my flatmates were all watching Avatar in the next room. I came in to watch for a while, until they started stealing blowing up the native americans' big blue aliens' land tree. It was at this point I noticed one of the old guard of movie clichés was making an appearance; Mouthy Butch Latina Who Is Usually Called Ramirez or Something. As soon as she uttered the words 'I didn't sign up for this shit' I laughed and left the room.
Or you could ignore the cheesy script and oogle her boo... I mean enjoy the explosions.
That's what I was looking at, the explosions. ¬_¬

TheGoldenMan said:
Yup. On Batman Begins. FUCK BATMAN BEGINS
Get out.

jobobob said:
I walked out of watchmen, it was just awful, but about the time the one girl was getting raped and she was remembering it fondly, I just left.
Yes, that film seemed gratuitous for no reason and really flip-floppy.
Oh hey these guys got murdered by the machine that... gave the last guy god-powers. :s
Oh hey bluePENISguy is so indifferent to human life he makes people explode into blood and vicera (instead of turning them into a cloud of smoke or something)... but deep down he CARES.
et cetera

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
The Night Shade said:
No never mostly because i only go to the movies when there's a film i really want to see if not i just wait for the DVD release

Also if you admit that you walked out of a movie it's fine
Same as this guy...on a side note....TRON 3D WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Gaz6231 said:
until they started stealing blowing up the native americans' big blue aliens' land tree.
SUCCESS

I haven't walked out of any theatre movies, but HEAPS of movies with the family. I'm not much of a family person.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I can't remember ever walking out of the theater before, though I've sat through some movies I didn't like. I only really see a movie when it looks really good or gets almost perfect reviews all over (the most recent case of this being The Social Network).

I'm sure I've quit watching movies at home though. I can't remember all, but I started watching Cartoon Noir on Netflix because it looked interesting and shut it off before the first 'story' was over. The art style for that one was cool, but the entire thing just bored me to tears so bad that I couldn't get through it.

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
I have never walked out of a theater, but if I had seen many movies by myself instead of with friends then I probably would have a few I would have left.

josephmatthew10

Jun 24, 2010
TheGoldenMan said:
InsomniJack said:
Zorpheus said:
InsomniJack said:
Twilight.

Although, to be honest, it was a DVD.

And strangely, I was able to sit through it's sequels. And they were stupider than the first one.
That was because enough of your braincells were annihilated by the first one that it made you bring the others to "tolerable" levels.
Ah, but the strangness is that I saw the second one first, then the first, then the third. And it was only the first movie that I had to walk away from.

On a related note, I also walked away from Avatar. But I think that one was because it wasn't the right time for me to watch it yet.
No, Avatar just sucked
Nothing like "correcting" someone's opinion, right?

Xanian

Oct 19, 2009
Up
Koroviev said:
I've never walked out of a movie as I've rarely been the one footing the bill. However, had it been my money, I would have walked out of the following:

Transformers 2*
Up
Hoodwinked
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World

...There's definitely more, but I can't think of them at the moment. Needless to say, I've all but sworn off American-made animation.

* I did pay for that one; problem is, my friend was my ride home
Up = obvious troll bait. Too obvious to take seriously. L2P.