I need a new anime.

ironmace2.0

The Names Hans Olo
Mar 15, 2009
Code Geass I like it and the girls in it arent that annoying and most of the times I have seen it has been in blue ray which is good but it is a good anime try it.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Spineyguy said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Paranoia Agent and Flcl

Same suggestions as always.
Thanks, Paranoia Agent looks decent, but it'd be nice if I knew what Flcl stood for.
I think it has something to do with foreplay. Honestly, you'll have trouble understanding a lot the first viewing.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Piecewise said:
I believe these go against the
"No annoying anime girls"

Also Haruhi could be said to go against the "No filler" if you include the Endless 8 set which positively screams filler.
Playing loose with the rules, check an earlier comment :p
Spineyguy said:
Can you post a link to a site where these might be?
I'll send the link in a PM, not sure, but better safe than sorry when posting links. :D

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
Piecewise said:
MUSHISHI

No annoying anime girls
beautiful and haunting mythological/scifi/medical drama
No fan service
No filler
based off a series of multi-award winning novels and mangas
Could be good, thanks.

Pimpy01

Feb 12, 2010
Mushishi, Haibane Renmei, Last Exile, Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate, Welcome to the NHK, Gunslinger Girl, Nodame Cantible, RahXephon, Utawarerumono

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
-snip-
Devil May Cry?
I never watched it. Never searched for it, or had much spare time.
Is it any good? If so, I'll add it to the 'List'

Xombee said:
Super annoying.
I watched the original without the extra episodes, it wasn't too bad.

klarr

Mar 9, 2009
loves2spooge said:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion

All brilliant, especially Ghost in the Shell.
all of those brilliant... buuuut neon genisis is well.... the last few episodes were filler.
all it was is shinji going insane in a quest to become more acceptant of himself and his reality.
realy good anime but as soon as the 16th episode ends he kinda goes over the deep end and is entirely insane... as was the directer at that point in the anime.
i meant no offence i just wanted to add to your comment and tell the people reading this.

PS. awsome line up too, the ones you mentioned were all my favorites!

JimHawking

Jan 18, 2010
Outlaw star is awesome (in case my avatar and name weren't a clue to my opinion). If you want a good anime that avoids the more obvious anime potholes then Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is the ticket.

sindurele

Nov 26, 2009
fooly cooly. flcl.

gurren lagann was pretty good. and i'll jump on the paranoia agent bandwagon. welcome to the nhk definitely deserves a look.

klarr

Mar 9, 2009
oh and sorry for double post but my choise is the last exile... its got a interesting story and a pretty cool steam punk setting... go see it!

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
TRIGUN!!!!
best short anime along with some of the greatest soundtracks EV4R
doom de dum dum, doom de dum dum, doom de dum dum, DOOM (repeat)

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
It's very "meh"

If you like Dante (or Strawberry sorbet), then yes, you'd like it.
By 'Dante' are you referring to the character, or another anime?
And I think I've herd of an anime called 'Strawberry Sorbet', but I'm not sure what it is about...
So, I think perhaps I should let this anime slide... at least for now, perhaps.
Well, thanks anyway :D

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I'm not sure what you've watched, but:

Cowboy Bebop is basically a necessity for anyone who watches Anime; so if you haven't watched this get on it already!
By the same people: Samurai Champloo is really great as well. The first time I watched it I wasn't too keen on it, but the second time through I really fell in love with the characters.

Outlaw Star is pretty good as well, though, they do have one psedu-annoying side character; Ashia.

But yeah, I'm trying to find something that's of the same caliber as Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo at the moment. I enjoy anime, but I become disengaged with the plot/characters get too crazy.

edit: I hear Van Hellsing is pretty good (but there is a specific version that's substantial better than the others, and I'm blanking at the moment)

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
OUTLAW STAR!!!!

Also, Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell.
Outstanding stuff right here. Ghost in the Shell!!!!

I would like to add.....
Black Lagoon. (Action with a touch of commedy and a great story)
Berserk. (Fantasy, great plot, small love sub plot.)

Also it might not be up your ally but I really enjoyed Mushi-Shi. It might still be on HULU and its certainly worth a look, even if you dont care for the style.

Pimpy01

Feb 12, 2010
Marowit said:
I'm not sure what you've watched, but:

Cowboy Bebop is basically a necessity for anyone who watches Anime; so if you haven't watched this get on it already!
By the same people: Samurai Champloo is really great as well. The first time I watched it I wasn't too keen on it, but the second time through I really fell in love with the characters.

Outlaw Star is pretty good as well, though, they do have one psedu-annoying side character; Ashia.

But yeah, I'm trying to find something that's of the same caliber as Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo at the moment. I enjoy anime, but I become disengaged with the plot/characters get too crazy.

edit: I hear Van Hellsing is pretty good (but there is a specific version that's substantial better than the others, and I'm blanking at the moment)
I think you mean Hellsing (no Van). The OVA series is better than the TV series.