I need your help!

heptonian

Nov 23, 2009
Azure-Supernova said:
The Escapist poll form doesn't have enough options, so could you please state in a post your top three preferred leisure activity, your age and gender:

- Watching TV
- Sport and/or exercise
- Reading
- Listening to music
- Arts and crafts
- Playing Video Games
- Hanging out with friends
- Shopping
- DIY
- Browsing the Internet
- Other (please state)

{Note: Wasn't sure if this belonged here or the advice forum. I know the poll is vague but answer to the best of your ability)
Top three (3) preferred leisure activities:
1) Other - Tabletop RPGs.
2) Playing Video Games.
3) Other - Watching Movies.

Hope this helps!

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
1. Reading. 2. Hanging out with friends. 3. Browsing the Internet. I'm a twenty-two-year-old man.

Koshok

Jan 22, 2011
Male, 23.

1. Playing Video Games
2. Reading books
3. Listening to music

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
BonsaiK said:
You're not going to get a very good data set from a computer gaming forum. Obviously almost everyone is going to say computer games (or at the very least, a significantly higher percentage of us as opposed to a more random sample of the population). Any data you get from us will be therefore unuseable, as we simply wouldn't be here if computer games wasn't a primary interest.
Not true. I dont come on this forum just because its a computer game forum.

OT:

Listening to music.
Reading
Arts and Crafts.

Computer games are my 4th favourite. OMG SHOCKER!! lol

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
DemonicVixen said:
BonsaiK said:
You're not going to get a very good data set from a computer gaming forum. Obviously almost everyone is going to say computer games (or at the very least, a significantly higher percentage of us as opposed to a more random sample of the population). Any data you get from us will be therefore unuseable, as we simply wouldn't be here if computer games wasn't a primary interest.
Maybe not, but it's a factor that influences everyone's participation here to some degree, and that's going to skew the results. It may not affect your specific data but it will affect the overall data.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
20. Male.

1. Hanging with friends
2. Video Games
3. Netflix (I...guess you could count this as TV...)

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
BonsaiK said:
DemonicVixen said:
BonsaiK said:
Maybe not, but it's a factor that influences everyone's participation here to some degree, and that's going to skew the results. It may not affect your specific data but it will affect the overall data.
Well, he could consider quickly trying other forums. After all, there are many chat forums for any age.
Even then, the other 2 results should give an idea. Either that or just for the sake of it, ask for 4 different favourites and use the 2nd to 4th result, ignoring the computer games.

All he really has to do is say something like "the results show that computer games are most favourited however this is most likely due to the results coming from a gaming forum. However, ....... comes in next along with......."
Also, bare in mind he's also gathered results from other sites, so that should knock some results down/up a bit.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Male
schale modeling (arts & crafts)
watching Anime (TV I think)
and the occasional gaming

Quala

Mar 18, 2009
Male-14

1. Video Games
2. Browsing the Internet
3. Hangin out with Friends

Hope this helps, but you'll definitely have a huge amount of people voting Video Gamnes, as someone already said above.