"I Really Want To Play Iron Man," Says Jackie Chan

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Let him be Iron Man! Downey Jr sucks(I haven't seen Iron Man) Chan would be the dogs bollocks, I'd watch it.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Iron Man with Jackie Chan? I'd actually love to see that, just because Jackie has a really fun personality and I have never been disappointed in his performances. Now some of the movies he played in? Well, that is another story. =p

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I will say that I wouldn't mind seeing Jackie Chan in a Marvel movie, just don't know who he could play. I like Robert's Tony Stark too much to want to switch him out for someone else.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
I like RDJ as Tony Stark too much and it would be too weird to switch out a main actor mid-franchise so Iron Man no. But now I really want to see Jackie Chan in a Marvel movie and I've made myself sad because it probably won't happen.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
barbzilla said:
Krantos said:
Iron Man? No. Another Marvel Superhero? Definitely.

I'm sure there are plenty of roles he'd be great for in the series, but I don't really think he's got Mojo to be Stark. The reason everyone accepted Ruffalo so readily is because he played Banner better than Norton did. Chan's not going to out-Tony Downey Jr.

That said, I really would love to see him as a part of the franchise. I just don't know enough about the Marvel Roster to guess where he could fit in well.
He would make a good Shang-Chi or Iron Fist. They are both asian and do martial arts, roles that he is well suited for. As for him using stunt doubles and green screen, I have no issues with that. I've always thought he took a few too many risks anyhow. Heck in his early years, half of his movies he ran around with fake shoes hiding broken feet, ankles, and legs.
Iron Fist is actually white isn't he (even though his main gimmick is martial arts)? Danny Rand doesn't sound the least bit Asian, and I totally looked up the back story just now and he's not half-Asian either. Shang-Chi on the other hand....

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Gatx said:
barbzilla said:
Krantos said:
Iron Man? No. Another Marvel Superhero? Definitely.

I'm sure there are plenty of roles he'd be great for in the series, but I don't really think he's got Mojo to be Stark. The reason everyone accepted Ruffalo so readily is because he played Banner better than Norton did. Chan's not going to out-Tony Downey Jr.

That said, I really would love to see him as a part of the franchise. I just don't know enough about the Marvel Roster to guess where he could fit in well.
He would make a good Shang-Chi or Iron Fist. They are both asian and do martial arts, roles that he is well suited for. As for him using stunt doubles and green screen, I have no issues with that. I've always thought he took a few too many risks anyhow. Heck in his early years, half of his movies he ran around with fake shoes hiding broken feet, ankles, and legs.
Iron Fist is actually white isn't he (even though his main gimmick is martial arts)? Danny Rand doesn't sound the least bit Asian, and I totally looked up the back story just now and he's not half-Asian either. Shang-Chi on the other hand....
Sorry about that, I've only seen him with his mask on, and he is referred to as Danny Rand-K'ai. For whatever reason I just assumed, of course we all know what happens when you do that ;p

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Jackie Chan's talents would be perfect for playing Shang-Chi, who as it turns out is affiliated with the Avengers. He could then spend the whole movie gazing longingly into the baby brown eyes of RDJ in the Iron Man suit.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/77/209102-15137-shang-chi.jpg

Granted, Marvel treats this guy like he's their version of Bruce Lee, but Jackie Chan was in a Bruce Lee movie...getting punched in the face...that counts.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
The most important part about Ironman is Tony Stark.
I love you Jackie, but no. Still though... Jackie in a super hero movie? Hell yeah!

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Who wouldn't want to play as Iron-man. Everyone needs to get off Jackie's back, he'd like to play Iron-man nothing wrong with that. Does that mean he should play Iron-man? nah but who knows maybe something will come of it now that he's voiced his desire to be in that sort of movie.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Heck yes! Jackie Chan as Radioactive Man! He is a Thor villain so they could still fit him in Thor 2. He also fought the Avengers several times and he fits the global terrorism thing they have been going at for quite a while.

I don't know why but I'd rather see him as a villain than something like Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu. A bit to stereotypical in my eyes.

Though most likely he will be Wong, Dr. Strange's sidekick butler :D

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Fappy said:
I'd sooner see him as Iron Man than Nic Cage as Superman. A lot of actors have aspirations that will never come true.
I now need to see Iron Chan and Supercage team up and fight crime.

I NEED TO SEE IT!

NEED!

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
I will now only have Jackie Chan to replace Robert Downey Jr if he doesn't want to do it anymore or even if he does, sorry but you've been replaced by Jackie Chan.

Hell, it sounded silly when I found out that Heath Ledger was going to do the Joker and he was amaze-balls.

Luke Brickner

Mar 21, 2011
Jackie Chan would make a perfect Bengal and would fit nicely into Ant-man or the next Avengers movie

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/bengalddnw.htm

RedmistSM

Jan 30, 2010
Not as Iron Man, but certainly as someone else. I can't think of very many old, asian super heroes though.

Hero in a half shell said:
Jackie Chan as Iron Man? No.

Jackie Chan as the Black Widow? Now you're talking
HAH!

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Jackie can't pull off the smug American coporate bastard act the role requires

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Iron Man?

No, not his style.

Iron Chef?

Hell yeah, any cooking show would be greatly improved with a kung fu dude beating the crap out of contestants using pans and other kitchen utensils as improvised weapons.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Jackie, I love you, man, but Iron Man is not a role for you. I could see him be the Hulk, or Peter Parker's (Spiderman's) Father or Uncle. Just not Iron Man.