"I Really Want To Play Iron Man," Says Jackie Chan

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
"I really want to see Jackie Chan play Iron Man" - says Rand!

That's more because I love Jackie Chan, and I understand the timing is way off since Jackie's getting too old and RDJ plays the role perfectly and will be there for a few more years yet. So let me rephrase the above quote:

"I really want to see Jackie Chan play ANT MAN!!!!"

Nothing wrong with Marvel making white characters black, so why not Asian? Ant Man is supposed to be humorous and Jack Chan fits action-comedy to a T.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I would. It would probably be more interesting than RDJ at least. Though there's a lot of superheroes, so I think there has to be someone that fits him better.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
LavaLampBamboo said:
Iron Man, no, but Iron Fist maybe? Or Shen Kuei? I dunno, Either way, yes he'd be great in a Marvel film
I say Jackie Chan has Master Izo, who is basically a 500 years old Asian Daredevil, in term of the character ability.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I really prefer Robert Downy Jr., but I would certainly love to see Jackie Chan as a Marvel hero of some sort. I'm not familiar with the options, but I think it'd be great to have him in Avengers 2.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Well, no, cos Iron Man is an american white guy. BUT. Jackie in an iron man suit would be awesome......just not thee iron man...IRON CHAN. Yeah. That would be awesome.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
LavaLampBamboo said:
Iron Man, no, but Iron Fist maybe? Or Shen Kuei? I dunno, Either way, yes he'd be great in a Marvel film
I'd love to see Jackie Chan as Iron Fist to be quite honest. I think he'd be perfect for that role, or as someone else said I'd like to see him as Mandarin.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Jackie Chan is the fucking man. Though it would be cool to see him portray a character that we haven't seen on the big screen yet.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Jakie Chan as Iron Man? *ponders this*

o.0 why has this not happened...

course, I wanna see a Jackie Chan movie with a fight scene is an Arts and Crafts store to.

Think about it. and your Welcome

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
He could be a cheap Chinese imitation Iron Man in Avengers 2. His armour would be made of lead and the colour scheme would be all wrong, but deep down it will still have the heart and ambition of the real Iron Man. And it good deal, you no find better price this side Hong Kong![/casual racism]

I don't know many Chinese characters in the Marvel Universe except Mandarin. If there is one out there then sure, I'd go see that film. But he really wouldn't make a better Tony Stark than Downey Jr.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
And I really want to see him do it.

You know the really awesome final fight scene from Police Story? Now imagine that except Jackie Chan can also fly and shoot lasers.

In fact just film Police Story again except Jackie Chan has Iron Man armour. Don't even explain why, he just has it.

Best thing EVAR!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
It's kind of crazy how after all these years, all his fame and his huge fanbase he still comes off as a pretty real and humble person.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
LavaLampBamboo said:
IDK man, I think it could work out if they make a sort of asian version of it
like say, Batman of Shanghai

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Of course, the obvious, most important question is, "Would you want to see Jackie Chan as Iron Man?"
I've come attached to the idea of reasonable acting skills for my superhero movies and what Jackie calls acting, I call monkies tricks. Stay the hell away mate.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
I'd love to see Jackie Chan do a fight scene in the Iron Man suit. If IR3 proved anything, it's that we can still get interesting fight scenes out of the "super duper flying armor" shtick.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Jackie, I love you, but you will never be able to beat Robert Downey Jr or even come close to it. Also I heard Tony Stark was white.

Though him wearing some sort of power armor and doing fighting in it would be awesome.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Krantos said:
Iron Man? No. Another Marvel Superhero? Definitely.

I'm sure there are plenty of roles he'd be great for in the series, but I don't really think he's got Mojo to be Stark. The reason everyone accepted Ruffalo so readily is because he played Banner better than Norton did. Chan's not going to out-Tony Downey Jr.

That said, I really would love to see him as a part of the franchise. I just don't know enough about the Marvel Roster to guess where he could fit in well.
He would make a good Shang-Chi or Iron Fist. They are both asian and do martial arts, roles that he is well suited for. As for him using stunt doubles and green screen, I have no issues with that. I've always thought he took a few too many risks anyhow. Heck in his early years, half of his movies he ran around with fake shoes hiding broken feet, ankles, and legs.