"I Really Want To Play Iron Man," Says Jackie Chan

cdemares

Jan 5, 2012
Callate said:
You know... I absolutely couldn't see Jackie Chan as Iron Man as portrayed by Robert Downey Jr.. His English isn't strong enough, and god love the man, his dramatic range isn't quite up to it.

But a Hong Kong-style Iron Man re-imagining with a lighter tone and a Chinese cast...? Oddly enough, I could imagine that working. I'm not saying it would ever happen in this world with character rights being what they are, but I could imagine a movie like that that would be well worth seeing.
Exactly. A unique, Chinese Iron Man. Call it something like The Magnificent Robot Master. Actually, make him kung-fu Megaman.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
LavaLampBamboo said:
Iron Man, no, but Iron Fist maybe? Or Shen Kuei? I dunno, Either way, yes he'd be great in a Marvel film
Iron Fist was instantly what I thought. it fits Jackie's niche perfectly (And brings Marvel one step closer to all the hollywood superstars in their movies)

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
I can't really see him being Iron Man.

Tony Stark (and by extension Iron Man) is a arrogant condescending arsehole with a heart of gold.

Not exactly character traits that people associate with Jackie Chan.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Bleidd Whitefalcon said:
WanderingFool said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Of course, the obvious, most important question is, "Would you want to see Jackie Chan as Iron Man?"
Jackie as Iron Man? no. Jackie in a Marvel movie? Hell. Fucking. YES!!!
Maybe he could play Iron Fist
Omg I was trying to think of someone but that's perfect have a cookie sir. <3

I want this to happen now!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I couldn't see him as Iron Man but by all means, sign the man up! Get him into tights! Use his talent. :D

KasraF

Nov 7, 2011
I don't know if he'd be any good as Ironman, but I know that I'd happily pay to see him try. If not epic and dramatic, it'd sure be interesting, and I think that's more than enough.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Bleidd Whitefalcon said:
WanderingFool said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Of course, the obvious, most important question is, "Would you want to see Jackie Chan as Iron Man?"

*noms cookie* Thank you, ma'am :) They'd have to change the character a bit - Danny Rand doesn't really look or sound Asian but it's worth it. Because Mr. Chan is fucking awesome

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
While I respect Jackie Chan as an athletic god, kung-fu master and stunt daredevil I do not really rate him as a very good "actor" outside of his Chinese works.

If he wants to be a superhero he needs to aim for something that relies more on his kind of characteristics. RDJ is perfect for Iron Man, nobody could top him. I mean, a live action Kung Fu Panda would suit Jackie Chan very well, he's that type of actor. I honestly can't think of any hero that Jackie Chan would suit (haha, suit, get it? Supersuit).

Wait, didn't he already have his own superhero thing? Jackie Chan Adventures? That was AWESOME too. Just do that, live action movie Jackie Chan Adventures.

So, after that mental workout I have decided something - Jackie Chan doesn't need to apply for the role of some superhero, he already is one.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Bleidd Whitefalcon said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Bleidd Whitefalcon said:
WanderingFool said:
Earnest Cavalli said:

*noms cookie* Thank you, ma'am :) They'd have to change the character a bit - Danny Rand doesn't really look or sound Asian but it's worth it. Because Mr. Chan is fucking awesome
I don't think he suits Iron Fist though... Iron Fist has always been a rather contemplative and reserved individual whereas Jackie Chan is too full of life. I would compare him to Steve Irwin as a point of reference.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Why not? They made Nick Fury black. They made the Mandarin American. They made Heimdall black. They made the Kingpin black in Daredevil. None of those were particularly necessary, but they worked anyway/ Would it be so different to make Iron Man Chinese? Are we going to say all racial swaps in Marvel are fine, as long as you're not a brown-haired, white male lead?

Actually they made the Mandarin British....

But to be honest, no, I don't think Jackie could do Iron man effectively... But someone had the idea of making him Deadpool.... After Ryan Reynolds horrid turn as Green Lantern, I would be happy if he never did another film again. So yeah, give Chan the Deadpool role. OR, Make Jackie Chan Dr. Strange... That would be interesting, Martial Artist, turned Mage.

Mr0llivand3r

Aug 10, 2008
well, I don't think it's a matter people not wanting to see Jackie Chan as that kind of hero, I think it may just be a matter of his fighting style not matching that kind of character.

After all, Iron Man (for instance) wouldn't look good if he moved the way Jackie Chan does, IE: lighting fast but stilted and choppy precision as opposed to, say Jet Li's more fluent and continuous fighting style.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Well he could always be Iron Man In some Hong Kong Knock-off Avengers film if he really wanted it.