Ice-T Says Medal of Honor Beta "Sucks"

Plauged1

Mar 6, 2009
I never thought ice t would be the gamer type. That surprises me. 0_0

I never played the beta, or any medal of honor game.=( I need to get one and see what Im missing out on.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Jark212 said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Oh great, another self abosrbed "artist" who thinks people give a crap about his opinion on things. Also, "Janky"? What the fuck is that supposed to be? Seriously, my brain hurts just a little after trying to read it.
I agree with the Blues Brothers, I probably won't be taking advice from washed-up rappers...
Ha thanks, tis about time somebody knows what my avatar is supposed to be :)

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
The single player is "dope" like Battlefield... you mean the series that is, for the most part, multiplayer only? This dude does not know his games.
Or, you know, he means the new ones, that kinda have single player. Just a thought.

As stated by my elitist compatriots, who's this rapper think he is, offering his opinion on something popular, while also stating that people should try it first and make an informed decision on their own? I mean, the nerve of some people!

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
But what does Kanye think of it?
Now, EA, I'm really proud of you and I'mma let you finish makin' your game in a minute, but I just gotta say Modern Warfare 2 was the best FPS of all time!

Sorry, I just had to.

OT: Who cares what a rapper thinks about a video game? I mean seriously?

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
To quote Yahtzee, "I don't give a flying shit about multiplayer and neither do a lot of people."

jaeger138

Jun 27, 2009
HyenaThePirate said:
Thank you Ice-T for pointing out that a BETA 'sucks'...
Because when "janky" just isn't enough, a Pirate Hyena will write for a long time.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Oh great, another self abosrbed "artist" who thinks people give a crap about his opinion on things. Also, "Janky"? What the fuck is that supposed to be? Seriously, my brain hurts just a little after trying to read it.
I don't know what it means but it sounds exactly how the Medal Of Honour Beta feels to play...

...a mix between clunky and jaggy.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
jaeger138 said:
If he's talking about Bad Company, then the single player was actually pretty "dope". You, sir, are elitist and janky!
Optimus Hagrid said:
Maybe he's referring to the Xbox/PS2 Battlefield 2 campaign? Cos that shit was pretty dope from what I remember.
Yes, but if I said, "the multiplayer is dope, like in Resident Evil!" that wouldn't make much sense, now would it? Even if I was talking about Resident Evil 5 or that other... thing...

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Whose ice-T?
If he is a rapper I refuse to listen to him.
Now if he was a metal guy...
Figures.

Anyways It is Ice-T. He is a gamer behind the scenes. I think he is right. I have tried it to. Its BORING. Just my opinion though.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
jaeger138 said:
ProfessorLayton said:
The single player is "dope" like Battlefield... you mean the series that is, for the most part, multiplayer only? This dude does not know his games.
If he's talking about Bad Company, then the single player was actually pretty "dope". You, sir, are elitist and janky!

DeadlyYellow said:
But what does Kanye think of it?
Probably easier to ask what doesn't Kanye think of it. Besides, it's either gonna be the "best video game of all time! Of all time!" or "Medal of Honour, imma let you finish..." so what more do we need to know?
jaeger138 said:
HyenaThePirate said:
Because when "janky" just isn't enough, a Pirate Hyena will write for a long time.
I like the cut of your jib, good sir. You most certainly aren't janky.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
It didn't suck, it was just really dull. It was like playing Bad Company 2 minus the exploding buildings and massive maps with vehicles. It is just a beta with only a map or two, so I don't know if the full game will have vehicle based multiplayer. As it is now, it feels very Bad Company 2ish, just without all the stuff that make Bad Company 2 so cool.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
It did suck. I'm afraid I'm going to have to do something I never thought I would... Agree with a rapper.

It was bland and boring.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Well considering this is Ice-T, a man who hasn't been "Gangsta" since the early 21st century, can we really take his definition on the meaning?

OT: It's a Beta, even Modern Warfare 2 had a rocky start multiplayer wise due to large amounts of connection issues, bugs, balancing problems (That still run rampant today) among other things. I think its to be expected.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
... I just can't take someone seriously whose name (I suppose intentionally) calls to mind "iced tea", that is to say the drink of choice for pretentious independent cafe-goers and aging hippies.

Not entirely related, but every instance of his name through this article made me chuckle.

jaeger138

Jun 27, 2009
Lord_Panzer said:
I like the cut of your jib, good sir. You most certainly aren't janky.
Firstly I would like to thank Lord Panzer for his accurate and concise description of my jank levels.

ProfessorLayton said:
Yes, but if I said, "the multiplayer is dope, like in Resident Evil!" that wouldn't make much sense, now would it? Even if I was talking about Resident Evil 5 or that other... thing...
Secondly, while your evaluation of the use of Rappy the Rapster's lack of a clear reference is accurate it is by no means fair to base your decision of his lack of gaming knowledge on the statement he made. If you acknowledge that what he said is incomplete you must also acknowledge that an accurate assumption cannot be based on incomplete information.

Thirdly, I would most definitely like to hear an album based on the theme of 'Janky' with all songs performed by Ice-T, Mr. T, Kanye and Yahtzee.

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
Ice, Ice, baby. Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun.

(Luckily it's just a beta then. which what they're their for.)

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
jaeger138 said:
HyenaThePirate said:
LOL dammit I'm TRYING to slim them down but I just don't know HOW to write short posts! I work and work and work at it, but even the simplest statement rolls out into this epic long essay about life, the universe, and everything. Its like some sort of latent mutant power but I don't have a Charles Xavier to teach me to control it. And it doesn't matter the subject, either... From Doctor Who discussions to debates about whether Arthur is an aardvark or a Mouse, I go into some sort of oratorial trance, channeling Julius Caesar or something as I use my words to shape thoughts and realities beyond mere fantasy!

I am a wordsmith. With great power comes great responsibility, if I could but control it.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
HyenaThePirate said:
jaeger138 said:
HyenaThePirate said:
LOL dammit I'm TRYING to slim them down but I just don't know HOW to write short posts! I work and work and work at it, but even the simplest statement rolls out into this epic long essay about life, the universe, and everything. Its like some sort of latent mutant power but I don't have a Charles Xavier to teach me to control it. And it doesn't matter the subject, either... From Doctor Who discussions to debates about whether Arthur is an aardvark or a Mouse, I go into some sort of oratorial trance, channeling Julius Caesar or something as I use my words to shape thoughts and realities beyond mere fantasy!

I am a wordsmith. With great power comes great responsibility, if I could but control it.
Perhaps you should try smithing daggers instead of claymores; both get the point across.