Ice-T Says Medal of Honor Beta "Sucks"

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Hmm. Interesting. Didn't know Ice-T was a gamer. He must be reasonable if he likes Limbo, but everyone likes Limbo excpet for people who think it's dumb because it's 360 only.

On another note, I swear to use the word janky sometime today.

jaeger138

Jun 27, 2009
Lord_Panzer said:
HyenaThePirate said:
jaeger138 said:
HyenaThePirate said:
Thank you Ice-T for pointing out that a BETA 'sucks'...
Because when "janky" just isn't enough, a Pirate Hyena will write for a long time.
LOL dammit I'm TRYING to slim them down but I just don't know HOW to write short posts! I work and work and work at it, but even the simplest statement rolls out into this epic long essay about life, the universe, and everything. Its like some sort of latent mutant power but I don't have a Charles Xavier to teach me to control it. And it doesn't matter the subject, either... From Doctor Who discussions to debates about whether Arthur is an aardvark or a Mouse, I go into some sort of oratorial trance, channeling Julius Caesar or something as I use my words to shape thoughts and realities beyond mere fantasy!

I am a wordsmith. With great power comes great responsibility, if I could but control it.
Perhaps you should try smithing daggers instead of claymores; both get the point across.
Lol, 'point'. Nice pun.

I would request that Hyena's next post be in the style of V from V for Vendetta in his Verbose speech. Except the letter of choice shall be...Q!

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
jaeger138 said:
Lord_Panzer said:
I like the cut of your jib, good sir. You most certainly aren't janky.
Firstly I would like to thank Lord Panzer for his accurate and concise description of my jank levels.

ProfessorLayton said:
Yes, but if I said, "the multiplayer is dope, like in Resident Evil!" that wouldn't make much sense, now would it? Even if I was talking about Resident Evil 5 or that other... thing...
Secondly, while your evaluation of the use of Rappy the Rapster's lack of a clear reference is accurate it is by no means fair to base your decision of his lack of gaming knowledge on the statement he made. If you acknowledge that what he said is incomplete you must also acknowledge that an accurate assumption cannot be based on incomplete information.

Thirdly, I would most definitely like to hear an album based on the theme of 'Janky' with all songs performed by Ice-T, Mr. T, Kanye and Yahtzee.
That would be the coolest album ever...

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
The Beta points entirely to a competently-crafted, functional, polished, boring, uninteresting, and derivative game. Bugs are minimal, and mostly UI-related instead of affecting gameplay (at least on the PC). By the time you get to Beta, the soul of the game should be in effect, even if the polish isn't. Medal of Honor seems to be the other way around, and I don't think that's a very good sign.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
To be honest, as soon as I saw Linkin Park were going to be handling the soundtrack, I cringed and my brain turned to mush. I just don't think it fits at all.
Tom Goldman said:
"Now I'm enjoying the Kane & Lynch single player. This shit is gangsta!" Kane & Lynch is not typically known for being gangsta. [http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/kaneandlynchdeadmen]
Possibly the most hilarious thing I've ever seen you type. In fact, it definitely is.

Mr T (wait...) kind of surprises me actually. His desire to be in Gears 3 was fine, but his "yeah yeah ME being in the game'll boost sales" pissed me off because he's no longer relevant and should know this fact...

But he likes limbo. So we cool.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
If Mr Ice-T is such a hardcore gamer then why does he not understand the purpose of a beta? A try-before-you-buy is what a demo is for.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Oh great, another self abosrbed "artist" who thinks people give a crap about his opinion on things. Also, "Janky"? What the fuck is that supposed to be? Seriously, my brain hurts just a little after trying to read it.
"Janky" I believe, is a very American term, possibly southern (though don't take my word for it) and I say this because it's used on Destructoid quite a lot by a rather southern man.

HereForFreeFood

Nov 17, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Oh great, another self abosrbed "artist" who thinks people give a crap about his opinion on things. Also, "Janky"? What the fuck is that supposed to be? Seriously, my brain hurts just a little after trying to read it.
Then aren't you self absorbed for posting a comment on this like people care what you think? Holy crap!, I guess I'm self absorbed too.

RooftopAssassin

Sep 13, 2009
Nova5 said:
... I just can't take someone seriously whose name (I suppose intentionally) calls to mind "iced tea", that is to say the drink of choice for pretentious independent cafe-goers and aging hippies.

Not entirely related, but every instance of his name through this article made me chuckle.
Iced tea is for independent cafe-goers and aging hippies? Your opinion is no longer valid.

OT: Way to promote "trying it yourselfness" Ice-T. I commend you for it.

jaeger138

Jun 27, 2009
Dfskelleton said:
Thirdly, I would most definitely like to hear an album based on the theme of 'Janky' with all songs performed by Ice-T, Mr. T, Kanye and Yahtzee.
That would be the coolest album ever...[/quote]

Anyone else thinking we should post that this is really happening around the internet until the people involved hear about it, get in contact about how silly it is then decide to do it anyway?

Ice-T:"This be Janky,
Medal of Honour multiplayer is stanky,
Gonna tweet it coz I'm getting cranky,
Wasn't on the ball and mofo's flanked me."

Mr. T:"Listen up fool! Treat your mother right!
Or a Knight-Elf Mohawk will be messing up your night!
I've been playing MoH and I think it's janky too!
I ain't getting on no game who's multiplayer is a fool!"

Kanye:"Yo MoH, I'mma let you finish,
But your online beta's got a lot of problems with it,
T and T say janky and I think that they be right,
How am I supposed to win this online janky fight?"

Yahtzee:"Erm...janky?"

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
The single player is "dope" like Battlefield... you mean the series that is, for the most part, multiplayer only? This dude does not know his games.
If he means the Bad Company sub-series, than yes, he has a point. Bad Company 2 was miles ahead of its predecessor.

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
Wow. I'm surprised at all the hate being flung around.

The guy's not just a rapper, he's an actor too. He's pretty good as that, actually. (Omar Epps is really good as an actor as well.)

And if he's a gamer, that's cool with me.

I mean, I don't listen to Rap. I pretty much hate it, but I still don't get why everyone's raging at the mere mention of him. Not like he did anything but say a game that we didn't even think was going to be good sucked.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
buy teh haloz said:
If he means the Bad Company sub-series, than yes, he has a point. Bad Company 2 was miles ahead of its predecessor.
Definitely not in the single player aspect, unless you like all the characters drained of what little personality they had.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
The only thing Ice-T reminds me of is the Movie Behind Enemy Lines but now that I think about it they reference Vanilla Ice and not Ice-T so he is more Obscure than I had originally thought. So no I am not listening to him.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
buy teh haloz said:
Definitely not in the single player aspect, unless you like all the characters drained of what little personality they had.
We're not talking about the characters, we're talking about gameplay. The second was just a little bit more action based than the first, which was for the most part, running from one little section of the map to the other capturing a control point, and even better, it never felt like it was overstaying its welcome. The campaign never felt like it was dragging on, and by the time it's done, you feel satisfied.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
I got into the MoH beta, installed the client, but just couldn't be bothered to actually try it out. Meh.