Jul 13, 2009
Race: Asian and white
Height: 4 10? aka gnome
Weight: 90 pounds

I?m a pretty boring person.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
babinro said:
I fail to see what someones age, race, height and weight have to do with it. The media take on the 'nerd' is seldom correct in my experience.

30 years old
Caucasian (Canadian-French background)
6 foots (Had to reference caveman ugglympics...it comes up so rarely)
235 pounds (add 5-10 in the winter, subtract 5-10 in the summer)

That said, I fit nicely into the nerd archetype. I'm an obese D&D/Magic/Gamer with an imperfect complexion, glasses, balding and almost always single...that's right ladies.
I posed the question like this because some of my friends assume you're all between 15-40 year old virgins who...well i assume you know nerdy stereotypes and there knowledge on nerds does comes from media. Truth be told you do fit the preconceptions some of my friends have but hey D&D is hella fun though I've only been able to corral a few people around the table and even then though we ended up watching a movie I'm glad to of tried. Though I am a bit curious about the topic this is more for my friends to see.

Connosd

Oct 16, 2011
Well, quite frankly, I've went along and read lots of forums and we are incredibly nerdy. I imagine every single person with a refined accent when I read their posts, and most, if not all of us, try to sound as smart as possible. Which ticks me off because some people are dim and only know a quater of the words they are saying. Sure, the rules call for some medium-long posts and not small posts, but they don't tell us to throw ever ounce of our brain at the computer monitor and burn our fingers typing.

My age: 15
Height: 6'8 (I'm flipping huge)
Weight: I'm not sure, but last year I was the right weight for my age and size combined, last time I check I was somewhere around 55kg, and I'm pretty lanky. And yes, that 55kg is muscle. Pfft, at my size only about %20 of it is chubby-ness.
Male, if it matters.

Read people's bios if you want to decide an archetype for us all.
Also, your mates know our type. They've been here before >:3

Oh, and of course, I'm British. Proper British. Scot, Welsh, Irish, and English. God I hate it when they call me British in referrence to 'English',

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Race: Italian blood, Australian citizen.
Height: 190cm as of two years ago, the last time I measured myself.
Weight: nfi, I don't own any scales

Metric system is king.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Race: Mexican-Irish
Height: 6'
Weight: 190 lbs

CrashBang said:
Is this really getting to know us? Would a picture and some info about our interests/jobs etc be better?
I agree with this, so I'll go ahead and do mine as well:

Still in High School, a Junior. Aspiring to be a writer, very interested in philosophy (currently reading/ trying to understand Nietzsche). I'm helping my friend with a comic book as the artist. Very introverted. Atheist. Short of writing books, I'd love to make video games or direct films. I rock a pony-tail.

ihax4snax

Jul 26, 2011
Race: Canadian/Irish
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 170 lb

In school working towards my career as a software engineer. Or the leader of the Church of Scientology, either one would do

ALL HAIL RON HUBBARD!!!

Connosd

Oct 16, 2011
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
tokae said:
Race: Eurasian, of Russian and Swedish descent.
Height: 5'6
Weight: 125.6 pounds. (I have lost a few pounds during the late summer / fall. Was sidelined from training and competing due to a shoulder- and neck-injury)

And as has already been stated: Is this really the way to get to know someone? I don't think so...
This is more to show my some friends that not all escapists are skinny white nerds with no social skills and acne
I'm sorry but I doubt showing them all of this is going to change their opinions on us being skinny white nerds with no social skills and acne.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
jbchillin said:
race: American.. Caucasian
hight: 5'11''
weight: 160lb

i am a pretty average person. i wouldn't equate myself to a nerd but i wouldn't say i wasn't. This information doesn't mean you know a person, it's just what you know when you see someone. If you want to know something of me i am a die hard chicago bears and vancouver canucks fan, My favorite movie is "Man on Fire", and i have an extreme case of arachnophobia.
The friends who posed this question for me to ask have short attention spans they are in the other room playing Black ops right now. My friends with who can focus for longer periods of time don't need this question answered as they know the escapist isn't full of nerds and that those who are (like myself in some ways) are more often than not people with a wide variety of interests and hobbies more than capable of leading a "normal" life.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Race: Ukranian/Israeli, now living in Canada
Height: Fucked if I know
Weight: Some 115 lbs?

I can eat anything, I'll stay the same weight.

Also, all spiders can suck my dick and burn in hell. I hate them.

And I play PC almost exclusively. Not an elitist, just can't afford a console. I do have an original xbox, and I do play a few games, but not too much anymore. I will spend hours playing them though.

Oct 13, 2011
TheSilverTeen said:
Race: Everything, no jooke, Native American to Russian
Height: I dunno 6"5?
Weight, I dunno 115
6'5 115 pounds? holy shit dude youre like a fucking stick!

Race: White. American
Height: 6'4
Weight: 215 pounds

Im pretty nerdy, but you wouldnt know it by looking at me. I look more like a...white trash juggalo/ metal head :\

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Viral_Lola said:
Race: Asian and white
Height: 4 10? aka gnome
Weight: 90 pounds

I?m a pretty boring person.
And here I thought the shorter people were the more interesting ones. Or are you hiding your secret life of crime-fighting?

Let's see.
Race: Caucasian(Mostly Italian)
Height: 6'(Think that comes out to about...182 cm.)
Weight: 190 lbs.(And I thiiink that comes out to around 86 kg.)

Forgive me if my measurements for metric are off, we don't use it much here, sadly.
I'm not in the best shape, but I'm still fairly athletic, along with working out from time to time. I have glasses that might fit the nerd/geek stereotype...but I avoid wearing them unless I have to.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
Connosd said:
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
tokae said:
Race: Eurasian, of Russian and Swedish descent.
Height: 5'6
Weight: 125.6 pounds. (I have lost a few pounds during the late summer / fall. Was sidelined from training and competing due to a shoulder- and neck-injury)

And as has already been stated: Is this really the way to get to know someone? I don't think so...
This is more to show my some friends that not all escapists are skinny white nerds with no social skills and acne
I'm sorry but I doubt showing them all of this is going to change their opinions on us being skinny white nerds with no social skills and acne.
My friend minutes ago said "You're not the only N**** on this shit?" So I'll count that as a sign of change.

JMV

Sep 25, 2009
Race: Caucasian, I guess.
Height: 1,77m (which Google tells me is about 5'10...)
Weight: about 70 kg (155 pounds, more or less)

I (obviously) like videogames, I'm in college studying Informatics Engineering (computer science, for all of you who've never seen it be called this) and I love all sorts of "nerdish" stuff. However, with that being said, I don't really know what being a nerd is to you, in the sense that everyone has their own, very defined perception of what it is and to some it's offensive, while to others its just a way of defining one's tastes and/or quirks. I do like being called a nerd, though, and it sometimes amazes the people who call me one that I'm okay with it, as if being a nerd is the equivalent of having a massive, pus-dripping tumor on your face.

So, yeah... I'm a *snarky* nerd? I don't know and don't care, as long as there are people like me or people who can relate to me and vice-versa. And I hope all of this filler text has helped you know me a little better than you would with just knowing how much I weigh or what my skin color is.

Yearlongjester

Feb 14, 2010
I'd like to point out that this doesn't really allow you to know us better. Unless you want to try to pick us out of a lineup, in which I'd like to know what I did.

Anyways,
American
Very White
5'10ish
140 pounds

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
Race: Australian (welcome to the peculiar southern end of the world, especially my state, where we go through almost every season in a day (there was a song written about that called, rather aptly '4 Seasons In One Day, check it out, it's pretty good), and the country in general, where everyone APPARENTLY drinks Foster's (we don't, it tastes like crap) and also says 'Maaaaaayte' a lot, which is kinda accurate).
Height: 5'8, so I'm a little bit short for my age.
Weight: 61.75kg, which makes me underweight, although that's a result of some illness I had at a really young age and my diabetes.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
Yearlongjester said:
I'd like to point out that this doesn't really allow you to know us better. Unless you want to try to pick us out of a lineup, in which I'd like to know what I did.

Anyways,
American
Very White
5'10ish
140 pounds
Look a few posts earlier. I wrote this more to prove every escapee isn't what they know as a nerd to a few of my friends. I admit I should have written this question differently though.

Jovip

Aug 12, 2010
Race:Caucasian (Irish,English and Scottish heritage)
Height:6'2
Weight:247 with a 80/20 percentage for muscle/fat.

I think i'm gonna add in a few things so you can know something other then my size.

Hair length color: Halfway down my back, brown
Clothing style: Think classic 70's metal-head with a big biker jacket
Education: Currently in high school. hoping to get into psychology or writing if the novel I'm publishing before the end of this year goes best seller...
Place of work: I work in a retirement home, in the kitchen. really high end stuff in there, tis a fancy place.
Where do you live: Canada

Hope that gives you better insight.
Also my fellow escapists can use the additional stuff i brought up if you wish.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Race: White/American. Technically, I'm a sixty-forth Shoshoni (Native American) but ultimately, that's only technically the case.
Height: About 5'11" (~1.8m)
Weight: ~150lbs (~68kg)