If A Random Girl Walks Up and Punches You Would You Hit Her Back?

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
I'd ask what her problem is and tell her to fuck off with a shove. Her response to that dictates what happens next.

I'd put her down if I had to, fuck it. I don't understand why people don't hit girls - the girls I know are way tougher than most guys.

deidara

Nov 23, 2011
If it hurt enough, then yes. That said ive actually had a guy randomly come up and punch me. But I think he was stoned or something, because it was weak as shit (even though he hit me square in the nose.) And I just threw him off and went across the road, he didn't follow.

I don't discriminate between genders in anything I do, if someone hits me hard enough I'm gonna fight back. (Unless I'm incapacitated, in which case I will probably sue.) I probably should do that anyways, but eh.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
ThreeWords said:
Farther than stars said:
ThreeWords said:
DarkRyter said:
I'd probably sue her.
This is by far the most reasonable response.

Act hurt, insulted, and afraid of feminist retaliation, then clamber up the moral high ground, summon a phalanx of lawyers and denounce the poor ***** for being drunk and disorderly in public
I'm confused. The way you say it, it sounds like the better and the worse option at the same time.
Either way, if it was one punch I'd probably turn a black eye. If it was more, I'd probably do everything I could to stop her, except hurt her. I have qualms about punching men who can't fight. I can't see any scenario in which I would choose to punch a woman.
What's not to like? You don't need to do any fighting, or even get hurt. If she didn't have malicious intent you don't press charges, but if she's out for blood you sue her for every penny she has while proclaiming your despair at the horrific misanthropy than has be visited upon you.

On the subject of actual violence, while I'm not a coward, I have qualms about fighting people in general. If someone actually wants to harm me, I don't see why I should risk their success when I can run away and wait for someone qualified to deal in hurt.

What can I say? I'm the modern man...
That's one way to put it. :D

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
When sober: no, I wouldn't hit back unless she attacked me again, in which case I would restrain her as swiftly and painlessly as possible.

When drunk: ***** is going down. I'm not an aggressive drunk and I'll never pick a fight myself, but anyone who attacks me when I'm drunk better prepare him/herself for an explosion of brutal, mindless violence. I will badly hurt that person if I can, using any potential weapon at my disposal. It's one of the reasons I don't drink.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Alternative said:
Farther than stars said:
Alternative said:
i would scream 'THIS IS SPARTA" and kick her down a flight of stairs.
Misogyny, lovely... because the internet wasn't full enough of that already.
i believe you may have missed the joke
To be honest I don't really care whether that was a joke or not. It wasn't funny and you have no business saying things like that in the first place. What's more, it instigates even worse comments from other people. Take a look at the things that MammothBlade wrote further down from your original post and then tell me that that's the group you want to emulate.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
Farther than stars said:
Alternative said:
Farther than stars said:
Alternative said:
To be honest I don't really care whether that was a joke or not. It wasn't funny and you have no business saying things like that in the first place. What's more, it instigates even worse comments from other people. Take a look at the things that MammothBlade wrote further down from your original post and then tell me that that's the group you want to emulate.
My joke was i bad taste i admit, It would be funnier if i had of used "kick into a bottemless pit" rather than "flight of stairs". The stairs associate too closely to actual abuse.

As for MammothBlade i assume he is joking aswell.

as for the rest of what you said.
If i instigate worst comments from other people then that is their problem, not mine i'm not a celebrity or rolemodel of any kind so i doubt i would have that much influence over their ideals.

I certainly dont want to emulate MammothBlade, if my joke was in bad taste the his is outright disgusting.

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
I'd honestly ask her why she is so upset and try to help her ... I have a white knight complex that I'm well aware of ....

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
I would probably defend myself, block her attacks. And I'd warn her to stop. If not, I would try to perform a grapple and twist her arm until she backs off.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Alternative said:
Farther than stars said:
Alternative said:
Farther than stars said:
Alternative said:
My joke was i bad taste i admit, It would be funnier if i had of used "kick into a bottemless pit" rather than "flight of stairs". The stairs associate too closely to actual abuse.

As for MammothBlade i assume he is joking aswell.

as for the rest of what you said.
If i instigate worst comments from other people then that is their problem, not mine i'm not a celebrity or rolemodel of any kind so i doubt i would have that much influence over their ideals.

I certainly dont want to emulate MammothBlade, if my joke was in bad taste the his is outright disgusting.
You won't hear me arguing with that last comment... Still, I think you should take a little more social responsibility. It's true that one statement doesn't do much, but a collective attitude is basically what governs society. It's also how democracy works; the fact that a large group of individual people can come together and bring about substantial change.
It's a tough concept to get your head around, because usually when we look at our own actions we do so from an individual paradigm and it's easy to forget that we're part of a larger society. Thinking that what you do doesn't matter is also a dangerous idea, because it means that you stop caring about the consequences of your actions. As the Butterfly Effect states: the flap of the wing of a single butterfly in Africa can cause a tornado in America. Just be careful about how you flap your wings is all I'm saying.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
dcdude171 said:
I'd honestly ask her why she is so upset and try to help her ... I have a white knight complex that I'm well aware of ....
Just trying to help a disgruntled person doesn't mean you have a complex of any kind.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Ryan Minns said:
This HAS happened to me, she fractured her wrist in doing so and actually DID have me put away over night for assault. I was lucky as all fuck though and it happened in a VERY public place so 17 witnesses later I was a free man... who got told by the police I was still a ****... to this day I still don't know who this girl was and I couldn't do ANYTHING about it since she made the claim first...WTF?
First of all, WOW.

Second, how ripped are you that someone managed to fracture their wrist from hitting you?!

May 28, 2009
yeti585 said:
I wouldn't hit her back. If it was that random most people would still be in the "I just got punched in the face?" phase. I'd probably give a loud "What the F***?!" But that would be the same if anyone randomly hit me.
Yups pretty much this. I am not a punch first ask questions later kind of guy.

Insanely Asinine

Sep 7, 2010
Alternative said:
Misogyny, lovely... because the internet wasn't full enough of that already.[/quote]
How is that misogyny? I say very excessive for a punch. I'm confused on this matter.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Sexy Devil said:
Ryan Minns said:
This HAS happened to me, she fractured her wrist in doing so and actually DID have me put away over night for assault. I was lucky as all fuck though and it happened in a VERY public place so 17 witnesses later I was a free man... who got told by the police I was still a ****... to this day I still don't know who this girl was and I couldn't do ANYTHING about it since she made the claim first...WTF?
First of all, WOW.

Second, how ripped are you that someone managed to fracture their wrist from hitting you?!
You don't need to be ripped for someone to break their wrist on you. If she had a bad technique, it's no surprise, really.
Our heads are quite sturdy.

On a related note:
You could have her jailed for assault, since the police must haver her name by now, and, since you have witnesses, your chances aren't bad.

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
It would be sexist not too, me not hitting them back purely because of their gender would be wrong and if anyone else hit me I'd hit them back.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I wear glasses, so I'd have to drop her on principle. These things are expensive.

Kevin7557

May 31, 2008
Since I don't discriminate based on Gender I would absolutely hit her back. This is the 21st century and these old notions have long since been archaic.

The only real reason you shouldn't is because you are taking pity on a lesser being than yourself and because this being is lesser than you, you should exorcise mercy upon them.