If A Random Girl Walks Up and Punches You Would You Hit Her Back?

Nathan Crumpler

Sep 1, 2011
If I think she is a legitimate threat, I'd punch her in the throat and other vital areas until she no longer a threat. If she is more annoying than threatening, I'd push her in order to get some space between us and then head for the nearest exit.

Personally, I've learned to stop asking why I can't hit women. The main reason being that not only has no one has ever given me a proper explanation, no woman has given me a reason to punch her since high school. So, I guess it's okay for this question to go unanswered.

Mar 9, 2010
No, but I also wouldn't hit a guy. I'd probably be on the floor, trying to stop the gushing of blood from my nose asking why the fuck she hit me.

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
For an appropriate internet conversation regarding women one important piece of information is missing:

Is she hot?!?

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I would react in the same way I would if it were a man. I am not sure what that would be, but gender would not be an issue for me.

dark-mortality

Apr 7, 2011
*SMACK* 'Stares in shock before opening mouth with a deadpan look' What... The sodding fuck was that for?'

Something along that line since it has happened before XD

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Erja_Perttu said:
I'm more of a pacifist, so I'd probably more stare in shock and yell 'What the hell is wrong with you?'
Pretty much this. And there's always the chance it's a case of mistaken identity.

Nathan Crumpler

Sep 1, 2011
blazearmoru said:
My first thought is that the girl may have gotten the wrong person, so I need to access the situation first by seeing if she looks cute, if yes then access her emotional and mental state in that point in time, and if she is cute. If the answer is yes to all then use this as an opportunity to make myself look good, if the answer is no to any of those, see if she has friends with her or not and then proceed to planing her death.
"Daddy, how did you meet mommy?"

"Well son, she walked up to me and punched me in the face, and that's when I knew, she was the one."

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
If I got randomly punched by a woman I didn't know, I'd first ask what the hell was wrong with her. If she tried to punch me again, she'd be lying on the ground with a broken jaw a second later.

Incidentally, this scenario would be the exact same if my attacker was a guy.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I'm not adverse to the idea of punching a woman. At least, not in comparison to punching a man, as both have the capacity to try to assault me.

People have pointed out the "touch a woman in self defense, rape charge" possibility, so for that reason alone I'd hold myself back, but if she was persistent, damn right I'd sink my fist into her uterus.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Depends how big she is. If its some girl thats five foot nothing I'm probably not going to do it, but if shes bigger then me I'd knock her teeth out.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I would be a pacifist in this situation and ask "What the hell?".

If she repeatedly hit me, I would try and pacify her by forceful restraint; or if she's still violently crazed and I have no help I'd have to hit back to sap at her stamina and aggression. Not totally wreck her, just enough so she's not beating the crap out of me.

If she's a body-builder or martial artist, I'm running.

Killertje

Dec 12, 2010
I'd try to twist her arm behind her back and make her explain why she hit me before letting go. And depending on how hard she hit me and how sorry she is I'd either let her go or toss her on the ground and walk away.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Meh, I wouldn't hit her back. I'm a pacifist so I wouldn't hit a guy back either. Even if I wasn't a pacifist I doubt I would have hit her back since I would probably just be confused over the whole situation. I mean... I'm a pretty nice guy, so why did she hit me? I would just assume she's a mind reader and knew I had to be stopped before I did any of the sick things swirling around in my head. Yeah... my head is a bad place to be...

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Well, here's how I would go about: (I would act the same, if it was a guy that just came out of nowhere to punch me)
Public scenario, aka lots of witnesses:
Have myself drop to the floor theatrically, hold my head and whine out in anguish, so everyone sees that I am miserable, so they will testify against him/her later in court.
Once the police arrives, testify against him/her, go all weak-kneed, etc.
Sue him/her for everything he/she got.
Profit.
(I am a 200cm, 100kg guy and a martial-artist specially trained in self-defense, so making the case against a petite woman would be hard, buut if my acting is good enough, I can claim that she got a lucky punch in, and that there should not be a reason for her not to be punished)

In a non-public scenario:
A random human being of a given gender walks up to me, in an environment without witnesses and attacks me (description see above)?
He/she is looking for trouble, which means, that he/she is either very confident in his/her abilites or just plain crazy, which in turn tells me that, whatever the case, I will be in serious trouble if I do not defend myself.
So, I have to hit fast, hit hard and try to surprise him/her.
I would probably start talking to her/him, along the lines of "ouch, why, you §$%&" and before finishing my sentence kick him/her in the shin as hard as possible, hoping for him/her not to be an active Thai-boxer, etc.
If he/she is still standing and willing to fight afterwards, go all out on regions you know will hurt, but, in most cases won't result in anything fatal, so joints, arms, legs, lower stomach.

I do make too many plans for situations like these, thank you for asking.