If the World Ends, Do You have Any Useful Skills?

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
I'm tough, strong, smart, can track game, build shelters, navigate without a compass, am CPR certified, know basic first aid, a second degree black belt, own a great deal of survival gear, am good in a crisis, can move from place to place without notice, and work well under pressure.

macfluffers

Sep 30, 2010
I know a little first aid, and I know a bit about outdoorsmanship. Also, I'm a decent shot. So, I wouldn't exactly be a pack leader, but I'd be able to help out.

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
I can shoot, do some basic wiring, speak convincingly, and lie.

To put it in terms of Fallout, I have high Science, Small Guns, and Speech.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
I know basic first aid.

I can't stitch up wounds, or give you a proper cast. But I could be able to get you (closer) to help before you bleed out.

I'm also a quick learner, so if you need more people to be able to do something (that doesn't require a lot of physical power), I'm your man.

I've picked a few locks before (lost my key to a container of floppy disks, and picked a padlock at school before)

I'm also quite empathetic, so I might be able to console(I think that's the right spelling) any survivors that lost loved ones, or just people who are freaked out over the whole ordeal.

Basically, you'll want to keep me at the base.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
Some survivals skills, can hunt with a bow, not a complete dumbass. I hope that's enough for me to survive-_-

MordinSolus

Feb 10, 2011
Chasing-The-Light said:
MordinSolus said:
Chasing-The-Light said:
I can make babies, does that help? ;D
That depends, how many women do you have? If you're a woman, then how many babies can you make at a single time and in how long?

OT: Hm...I can play video games, do computer...stuff, fire a handgun, and impregnate women. Aren't I helpful?
I can make between 1 and 3 in 9 months. xD
Hm...I don't know...I can find better baby makers. You SURE you can't make any more than that?

MordinSolus

Feb 10, 2011
Toaster Hunter said:
I'm tough, strong, smart, can track game, build shelters, navigate without a compass, am CPR certified, know basic first aid, a second degree black belt, own a great deal of survival gear, am good in a crisis, can move from place to place without notice, and work well under pressure.
1) How do you find time to do all that?

C) Chuck Norris could do better.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
I would be a fucking amazing bullet shield.
If the bullets were 9mm or below, anyway. Anything bigger would probably blow right through me without slowing enough to make any difference.

Sadly, that's about all I'd be good for. I'm an antisocial, diabetic man-child, and in the apocalypse, I'd probably die rather quickly.
Possibly by choice in an attempt at a blaze of glory so I could avoid a slow death by uncontrolled blood sugar and other such fun things.

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
I camp, fish and hunt so food, water, fire, and shelter would hopefully not be a problem. I also know how to set and bait traps and I'm a wildland fire fighter so I've learned some helpful skills, mostly involving constant awareness of surroundings and learning how terrain can help or hurt you. I have a basic understanding of edible plants, but I don't trust it enough to be comfortable plucking plants in the woods and shoving them in my face. I can also sew and I'm somewhat handy. I'm CPR and basic first aid certified as well. Overall I think I would fare okay by myself if something happened that would drive me into the woods, but I would prefer to partner up with one of my friends who is way more adept at outdoor survival than me.

I went to a natural resource college which actually required us to learn about map reading and compasses, telemetry, and plant identification and offered classes about chainsaw safety, deer and turkey hunting and edible plants. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if they were training us for the end of the world.

Bane_Star

Dec 4, 2008
I USED to be able to camp, kill, skin and butcher an animal, carve weapons, make shelters from local goods, tree houses, etc.. but then I busted my knee and my back, I'm getting old..

So maybe I can teach the new generation, but other than that.. I'm fk'd