If you could ask a Developer anything, what would it be?

the spud

May 2, 2011
Squaresoft- Yeah, so in FF6, what the fuck happened to Banon?

Nintendo- In OoT, what was that little area in the windmill in Kakariko village that had a chicken in it for?

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
krazykidd said:
SirBryghtside said:
I'm going to ninja about a thousand people here and say 'Gabe - Episode 3'.
DAMMIT ! I came in here wanting to say that. "GAEB y no epsidoe tree !"

Fine then i'll change my answer.

Dear squaresoft ... WHAT THE HELL? ENIX? REALLY? Then i will proceed to facepalm.
Ninjaception? Goddammit!

Then Mistwalker. Are you aware that if you don't make a Lost Odyssey 2 I will cry deeply and hurt people?

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Dear industry. Where did it all go wrong?

Zhukov said:
"Why the hell does Serious Sam need reloads and a sprint key?"
Really? That's a complaint? You never once thought that the sprint key would help with traversing maps ten times the size of football fields, or that reloading would make players think a little before spray-and-praying? You never once thought maybe those additions to the formula were made purely from a gameplay perspective? Okay, whatever. Enjoy misunderstanding what makes Serious Sam great.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Relic- Is Dawn of War III going to have base building? What races are going to be in it? How many more expansions to DoW II or is it done?

Is Space Marine 2 going to continue with Titus or are we going to see a different character/chapter?

343 Industries- Just how do you plan on continuing Halo?

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
So, uhmm, Tripwire. Are you ever going to make a Killing Floor 2? Or at least give Killing Floor some graphical update? I know that you're a small team and that you have a lot on your plate, but Killing Floor needs a little more love than seasonal maps and specimen. New weapons or just something would be nice.

valleyshrew

Aug 4, 2010
Yoshinori Kitase - Research between FFVI and VII that Squaresoft did showed players liked to be more interactively involved in games (sakaguchi talked about it). As a result FFVII is hugely interactive, particularly with the Gold Saucer area, but every stage of the story has a new interactivity to look forward to. Why after that did you reduce the amount of interactivity in every final fantasy sequel until by FFXIII you've just left battles which themselves are barely interactive? Gone are minigames, vehicles, the world map, towns, puzzles, exploration, optional characters, dialogue options and even in battles many elements are gone such as limit breaks, an ability system (crystarium is a level system with some abilities thrown in), steal command and the ability to move during battles... Was the research wrong or is it too hard to make interactive RPGs with modern graphics?

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
Just a general question to any big name developer would be

"Do you let the seemingly excessive amount of complaints and criticism of your product(s) get to you?" :D

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Oh, and I forgot. "Square Enix--when the hell are we going to get another proper Kingdom Hearts game? Birth By Sleep was great and all, but we want something on a big-boy console."

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
Bioware - About Mass Effect 3... I DEMAND SPACE BATTLES! Oh... and get rid of the mining game. I can just have people mine it for me for the war effort as well as salvage it from shipwrecks I'll be leaving behind.

Naughty Dog - You obsessed with jungles or something? I swear nearly every game you made has a jungle level.

Activision - Um, quick question. How do the soldiers in Call of Duty Modern Warfare logically regenerate health? Nanobots? Adrenalin? Pixie Dust? Please please please with a cherry at the top of the top tell us!

Valve - Hey... um... are you... you know... working on that thing now? *winks* Maybe a little screenshot perhaps?

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Necroid_Neko said:
I would ask Bioware "Why are you not making a Jade Empire sequel???"
They did mention back at Eurogaer Expo 2011 that it may return and their "Looking for the right way to deploy it."

HAL Laboratory - Can we have another Kirby 64? Please? Pwease??