If you could ask a Developer anything, what would it be?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Qitz said:
Necroid_Neko said:
I would ask Bioware "Why are you not making a Jade Empire sequel???"
They did mention back at Eurogaer Expo 2011 that it may return and their "Looking for the right way to deploy it."

HAL Laboratory - Can we have another Kirby 64? Please? Pwease??
Let's call it , Kirby 64 2 , /snicker.

Silvianoshei

May 26, 2011
Everything's been ninja'd. Episode 3, TOR, Bioware...well shit.

How about: Can I be Valve's personal doctor?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Xpwn3ntial said:
Relic- Is Dawn of War III going to have base building? What races are going to be in it? How many more expansions to DoW II or is it done?

Is Space Marine 2 going to continue with Titus or are we going to see a different character/chapter?

343 Industries- Just how do you plan on continuing Halo?
I know at least two races who are going to be in DOW3. Spess Mahreens and Eldar. Namely Blood Ravens and Ulthwe. Relic loves these guys so I don't see them moving away any time soon.

As for Spess Mahreen 2, I want to go on a limb and say a Deathwatch game. Much cooler than Ultrasmurf adventures.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Zhukov said:
"Why the hell does Serious Sam need reloads and a sprint key?"
Really? That's a complaint? You never once thought that the sprint key would help with traversing maps ten times the size of football fields, or that reloading would make players think a little before spray-and-praying? You never once thought maybe those additions to the formula were made purely from a gameplay perspective? Okay, whatever. Enjoy misunderstanding what makes Serious Sam great.
a) Kindly remove that stick from your arse before quoting me. That is no way to start a conversation, even by the dubious standards of gaming forums.
b) Re: sprinting. Just up the standard movement speed. Problem solved.
c) Re: reloading. PhhtHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAhahahahaaheheheheeee... yeah, because God forbid anyone spray-and-pray in an old school run-and-gun, right? Reloading doesn't stop that anyway. It just enforces a pause in proceedings while I stand behind a wall to make my gun start working again.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Yo, Obsidian.

Is J.E Sawyer willing to take a handjob? Cause I got open hands and I really liked New Vegas.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Hey Bioware, don't you wish you could just tell EA to fuck off and market your games the way you want to market them, instead appeasing the lowest common denominator?
I'm pretty sure the answer would be "no."

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
Capcom, why the hell are you not allowing me to play these new Mega Man games you say you're making? Universe and Legends 3 looked awesome. Stop milking your fighting games and milk the first cash cow you ever had!

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
I'd ask nintendo what their hatred for flareon is and why it cant have flare blitz.
Because Flareon sucks, and Flare Blitz wouldn't change that. Nintendo is specifically withholding Flare Blitz so Flareon doesn't get any funny ideas about not sucking. That boy needs to know his place. (Disclaimer: I don't hate Flareon)

OT: I'd sit down with Tetsuya Nomura, and calmly ask him "Will you PLEASE knock it off with all the goddamn side stories and just give us Kingdom Hearts 3 already?!"

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
EA Los Angeles...

What the FUCK were you thinking?! Everything about this game is ass. Years down the line, when there's some AVGN style guy reviewing games from this generation that are now old, this disgrace could be their version of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Except it's worse, because you shat on an established franchise that used to be great instead of just taking a shit on an empty plate.

Also, can I ask a bonus question to various people in this thread? I want to ask them why they haven't figured out the difference between a developer and a publisher yet.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
EA Digital Illusions CE and Sledgehammer - Do you foresee BF and COD turning into a pay-per-download multiplayer only?
Codemasters - Judging from Red River, would Operation Flashpoint be aiming to become a shooter along the lines like COD and BF? Or would future titles be a blend of RR and Dragon Rising?

@mjc0961 Maybe it's because some games are developed and published by the same guys, like Operation Flashpoint? Personally I'm too lazy to see the difference =)

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
emeraldrafael said:
I'd ask nintendo what their hatred for flareon is and why it cant have flare blitz.
Because Flareon sucks, and Flare Blitz wouldn't change that. Nintendo is specifically withholding Flare Blitz so Flareon doesn't get any funny ideas about not sucking. That boy needs to know his place. (Disclaimer: I don't hate Flareon)

Id hope youre being sarcastic, since a good physical move pool and great phys fire STAB is all that sets it apart from being Vaporeon status.

Stravant

May 14, 2011
Akimoto said:
EA Digital Illusions CE and Sledgehammer - Do you foresee BF and COD turning into a pay-per-download multiplayer only?
Codemasters - Judging from Red River, would Operation Flashpoint be aiming to become a shooter along the lines like COD and BF? Or would future titles be a blend of RR and Dragon Rising?

@mjc0961 Maybe it's because some games are developed and published by the same guys, like Operation Flashpoint? Personally I'm too lazy to see the difference =)
I think the comment about BF turning into a "multiplayer only" doesn't really make much sense, seeing as how up until recently they WERE multiplayer only.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Coca-cola or Pepsi?

Why aren't you wearing pants?

&

to Steve Ballmer of Microsoft, why haven't you closed down your entire video game division yet?
No Electronic Appliance or device should have a 45.9% failure rate and still be in the market.
Mr Ballmer, Microsoft makes more money on Windows and Office on a bad month than all of Xbox games done for the last 2 years. Why the Xbox is allowed to live?

crusador90

Nov 16, 2011
I'd ask them how much they'd get paid for all the blood and sweat the pun in their work.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Valve. Why did you make TF2 free? Knowing full well that it would get a ton of F2P accounts hacking. I thought you cared about TF2. I guess I was wrong.

I would only forgive them if it meant they were finishing EP3 as we spoke.

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
believer258 said:
Bioware - Did you decide to streamline ME2, put multiplayer in ME3, and push DA2 out the door to quickly, or was that EA's decision?

Because I think it's entirely possible that either one did it, or maybe both are partners in crime. Nobody ever seems to think about the possibility of Bioware being a bunch of evil bastards.
I'd ask them how they handle the most vocal part of their fanbase unnecessarily picking apart their every move for the past 2 or 3 years. Nobody ever seems to consider the possibility that maybe Bioware just wants to do something different.

Ironically given that, I'd probably ask EA how they expect to rebuild their public image after the staggering amount of goodwill they've lost, which they were just barely starting to regain a few years ago.