If you could ask a Developer anything, what would it be?

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Zhukov said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Zhukov said:
"Why the hell does Serious Sam need reloads and a sprint key?"
Really? That's a complaint? You never once thought that the sprint key would help with traversing maps ten times the size of football fields, or that reloading would make players think a little before spray-and-praying? You never once thought maybe those additions to the formula were made purely from a gameplay perspective? Okay, whatever. Enjoy misunderstanding what makes Serious Sam great.
a) Kindly remove that stick from your arse before quoting me. That is no way to start a conversation, even by the dubious standards of gaming forums.
b) Re: sprinting. Just up the standard movement speed. Problem solved.
c) Re: reloading. PhhtHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAhahahahaaheheheheeee... yeah, because God forbid anyone spray-and-pray in an old school run-and-gun, right? Reloading doesn't stop that anyway. It just enforces a pause in proceedings while I stand behind a wall to make my gun start working again.
Serious Sam has never really been about spray-and-praying, it's been about ammo management and enemy control. Both sprinting and reloading accompany that.

...I am sorry though. I just get really fucking annoyed when people complain about sprinting and reloading in Serious Sam 3. The game deserves more than that.

Empty2011wpg

Dec 5, 2011
I'd like to have a chat with the developers of Kyne & Lynch 2 Dog Days, first I'd introduce myself ask how his/her day went then.. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!?!

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
erttheking said:
Are you going to release Half Life 3 sometime this century?
There may yet be a glimmer of hope. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114509-Valve-Guy-Makes-His-Half-Life-3-T-Shirt-Talk]

Falsename

Oct 28, 2010
I've counted....

SIX POSTS ON THE SUBJECT OF A CERTAIN THIRD EPISODE OF A CERTAIN GAME BASED UPON THE SIGN OF WAVELENGTH. (Half Life 2 Epsiode 3... Duh!).

Six posts already... can't we band together and storm Gabe's place!? Where's that guy live?

So to answer your question I'd sit down with Gabe Newell and I'd just..... stare at him.... and stare.... and stare.... and stare....Nothing would be said at all. He'd know exactly why I was there.

Arbi Trax

Jul 13, 2011
I'd love to sit down with Chris Avellone and Feargus Urquhart. I wouldn't say anything, I'd just stare at them while laughing uncontrollably. After about 4 hours I'd beg them for another game set in the Planescape universe, then pass out from the fanboyism.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Xpwn3ntial said:
Relic- Is Dawn of War III going to have base building? What races are going to be in it? How many more expansions to DoW II or is it done?

Is Space Marine 2 going to continue with Titus or are we going to see a different character/chapter?

343 Industries- Just how do you plan on continuing Halo?
Man these three questions are ones I would have loved to ask. I'd love to know more on Dawn of War 3 and Space Marine 2.

And to chuck in my own question, how the hell do you plan on making Company of Heroes 2 even better than the last one with the same setting?

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
EHKOS said:
Naughty Dog, how do you feel about the Crash games now? Are you disgusted? Do you feel remorse? Hold me.
i think i read somewhere that naughty dog doesnt like what has happened to crash.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Game Freak. What the hell were you thinking when you put IVs, Feebas' 6 tile only thing and annoying as fuck evolution and trade evolutions where the pokemon needs to be holding an incredibly vaguely described item in your otherwise fun games?

DarkRyter said:
Yo, Obsidian.

Is J.E Sawyer willing to take a handjob? Cause I got open hands and I really liked New Vegas.
That's disgusting! ... [sub]seconded[/sub]

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Hey Obsidian, want to hang out?

Hey Naughty Dog, ever thought about making another Crash Bandicoot game just for old times sake? Or at least re-releasing Crash Team Racing with online play?

Hey EA, why the fuck did you close down Pandemic Studios!!!???

Hey Koei, why did you fire the guys in charge of AI in Dynasty Warriors 3 and 4?

[sub][sub][sub][sub]Hey Bethesda can you just let Obsidian make the next Fallout games?[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
lordlillen said:
EHKOS said:
Naughty Dog, how do you feel about the Crash games now? Are you disgusted? Do you feel remorse? Hold me.
i think i read somewhere that naughty dog doesnt like what has happened to crash.
That assurance is a blessing...it eases my pain.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Gorilla Gunk said:
Hey Valve, why do you suck so much at the whole DLC thing? Every other company I know can release sizable DLC in a timely manner. Bethesda, Bioware, Infinity Ward/Treyarch. I mean, how long have you been working on that Cold Stream pack? Eight months? Eight months to finish off an already partially completed community map and port the rest of the L4D1 maps over to L4D2? Really? Seriously, you can only use the "Microsoft won't let us" excuse for so long before people start realizing you guys have no idea what you're doing.
Valve is actually pretty damn good at the DLC thing. Also, it's all free. BioWare and Infinity Ward/Treyarch release content which should have been in the game to begin with as DLC, and Bethesda horse-armor, nuff said. The big question is, why would anyone buy a Valve game for the 360?

)rStrangelove]DICE where's the BF3 map editor?
Yeah... I doubt we'll see map editors and such for many games anymore, interferes with DLC. EA deemed frostbite 2 too "advanced" to have a map editor, even though Dice said it was easier to make content for...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Hey, From software, make it so that if I'm wearing full Havel gear a rat can't kill me in 3 hits, even on NG+.
kthxbai.

Necroid_Neko

Nov 24, 2011
Qitz said:
Necroid_Neko said:
I would ask Bioware "Why are you not making a Jade Empire sequel???"
They did mention back at Eurogaer Expo 2011 that it may return and their "Looking for the right way to deploy it."
I refuse to believe it, they've been hinting at a second game ever since the first was released in 2005, and every time I get my hopes up just to have them dashed. Not this time Bioware, you cruel, cruel liars :'(

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Hey Bioware, don't you wish you could just tell EA to fuck off and market your games the way you want to market them, instead appeasing the lowest common denominator?
This. EA is far to handsy with Bioware these days.