If you could have any non-combat superpower, which would it be?

Pseudoboss

Apr 17, 2011
A portal gun would still probably be the most massively useful device in existance, (other than a towel, of course.) so I guess the ability to create portals to any place that i've been to or can see. Think about all the time spent in traffic or walking to here or there. Now, there is no need for most travel, no gas, car or time wasted.
Also, immortality, that would be interesting, because there's still a massive number of things to do, all of those cost money, if you could dedicate one lifetime to amassing money, then, have fun, then do something awesome, become a millionaire/billionaire, and do more awesome things. Plus, i'm just curious as to what's going to happen a hundred years from now.

Qtoy

Apr 21, 2011
Oh sweet! I'll take Russia!

Oh. You mean that superpower.
I'll take teleportation. Hello, friends I left behind in Texas!

Oisin XD

Oct 15, 2009
Anaklusmos said:
Nikyu Nikyu No Mi, the ability to 'Push' allows for fast long distance traveling, almost instant, allows the user to 'push' away pain and fatigue, I'd be very happy with that.
Assuming you are talking about Kuma from One Piece, I always thought his powers were poorly justified. I think of it as infinite kinetic force. That could never push non-existing things like Pain, Fatigue and Damage. Those things don't have a physical form. And kinetic force definitely can't create bubbles that shield the people who have been "pushed" from impacts. infinite kinetic force would just kill anyone instantaneously. But still. It's a really cool power.

xXBanisherXx

Jul 5, 2009
Oisin XD said:
xXBanisherXx said:
All power of any form can be weaponized, just saying. That being said, I'd have the ability to create copies of myself.
You'd have to control 10 bodies at the same time? Or coordinate with 9 other people? People suck. More of them makes shit complicated. If you are dealing with copies of yourself, they will want the same rights as you. There will be mutiny.
Well it wouldn't really be 'me' to say. It would be sort of like 10 receivers and one transmitter, all working together harmoniously (think Geth from Mass Effect). All that the 'clones' of me know, I find out. All that I know, they know. But it's a submissive clone, not an exact copy.

And yes, a person is smart. People are stupid.

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
Navvan said:
MorsePacific said:
I honestly can't even think of a superpower that doesn't have use in combat.

I guess I'd go with, like, the ability to only teleport myself to the bathroom.
Even that has a use in combat. Ease of retreat would greatly reduce the risk of any hostile encounter if things get out of hand.

So yea, I can think of some sort of combat/assist/world domination for everything that comes to mind.

Shitting marshmellows? Package them for sale, make a profit use said profit for other objectives. Seriously even the most innocent of things can have some application in those categories.
Well every super power can assist something.

I'd go with amazing convincing abilities. So I could convince people to pay me millions of dollars for a box filled with my shit.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
The ability to remember more than four things for longer than 2 seconds after being distracted.

The ability to not be distracted.

NS001

May 2, 2011
True Empathy. The ability to tell how others around me feel would be an incredibly useful skill.

Oisin XD

Oct 15, 2009
xXBanisherXx said:
Oisin XD said:
xXBanisherXx said:
All power of any form can be weaponized, just saying. That being said, I'd have the ability to create copies of myself.
You'd have to control 10 bodies at the same time? Or coordinate with 9 other people? People suck. More of them makes shit complicated. If you are dealing with copies of yourself, they will want the same rights as you. There will be mutiny.
Well it wouldn't really be 'me' to say. It would be sort of like 10 receivers and one transmitter, all working together harmoniously (think Geth from Mass Effect). All that the 'clones' of me know, I find out. All that I know, they know. But it's a submissive clone, not an exact copy.

And yes, a person is smart. People are stupid.
Oh yeah, so it would be like an human ant-colony; hivemind and all that. (that's what the geth do; a single one can only perform basic cognitive functions, but together they make up something greater than the sum of its parts. Sort of a P2P AI). That does work, I guess.

I think the point where I find hard to believe is when you want them to learn stuff independently, and then assimilate it into you, as they merge. They need to be little more than husks, only extensions of your senses and physical presence. Yeah, that's cool.

forsaac

Dec 15, 2010
To bring fiction to life but not to kill anyone or raise an army but to create life I guess even though it may be troubled or otherwise. but hey thats life filled with lots of little victorys and defeats

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
To take on the amazing powers of David Wong from John Dies at the End.

Okay, they're actually drug-induced, and the powers enable him to see some crazy shit.

But I'd take 'em. It'd make life less boring.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
For me it comes down to teleportation, invisibility, ability to mind-read, or perfect memory. These are the ones I'd find most application for in day-to-day life as well as non-combat.

I'd probably go with perfect memory, although Thane didn't seem to be having a good time...

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Either the ability to turn invisible or flight. They both seem useful and fun, but I think I'd probably pick flight though. I mean invisibility would be cool and all and it would be nice to sneak around and spy on people but I think flying would just be more fun.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Teleportation or flight - really anything that makes travel easier. In the case of flight, much more fun as well.

If not those then time-travel, because I'd love to see what the future holds. Less interested in the past because of potential shenanigans due to my actions, but if I could figure out a way to talk to famous historical figures without screwing anything up then hell yes I would. Spending a day with the founders and just talking with them would be amazing.

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Time manipulation. That or hyperkinesis. Technically neither is considered combat.