If you could nuke a country?

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
North Korea. I'd drop a little nuclear bomb somewhere important and see how they'd react. I'm a sucker for strong reactions!

dobahci

Jan 25, 2012
This is a bad thread.

You're either asking people to jokingly and arbitrarily name a country without having good reasons (in which case the responses are meaningless), or you're asking them to be serious and have good reasons and prove they're a complete fucking lunatic.

You might as well have asked, "Which ethnic group would you like to cleanse?"

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
well if for some inane reason I absolutely had to use a nuke, like the world will be destroyed or some crap (even then I'd hesitate, I hate nukes) I would nuke america, they nuked Japan, I only feel it fair that they get a taste of the destruction they wrought, with what? a single megaton, no, about two, they dropped two nukes didn't they, anyways, it's an ungodly amount of destruction I wouldn't wish upon anyone in normal circumstances, and most abnormal circumstances

C F

Jan 10, 2012
I'd establish a small 'country' somewhere on the surface of Luna. And then I'd nuke it.
For science.
Because I'd like to see what would happen if you shot a nuke at our moon. It'd likely just give the topography a slight makeover and leave a bit of radiation lying about, but you've got to admit: it'd be a fantastic spectacle.

Pinkamena

Jun 27, 2011
dobahci said:
This is a bad thread.

You're either asking people to jokingly and arbitrarily name a country without having good reasons (in which case the responses are meaningless), or you're asking them to be serious and have good reasons and prove they're a complete fucking lunatic.

Who haven't fantasized about nuking a country? I surely have. I'm really curious as to what would have happened next. Probably WW3 if the country was important.

May 17, 2010
dobahci said:
This is a bad thread.

I agree with this so completely. Anyone who seriously is thinking about casually committing that scale of death and is not in a Cold War scenario is insane or evil.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
New zealand or Iceland just to be different and totally unexpected! in your face, paradise!

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Well, first I'd make it known that I have nuclear weaponry and demand everone surrenders unconditionally.
Then I nuke whatever country didn't surrender.
Well, I guess France would be safe then...

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
winginson said:
None.

The correct answer is of course hold the world to ransom for one million dollars.
Just one million? You can probably sell your nukes for more. No, think more evil - demand money and all the ice cream in the world or something. Make them suffer!

Pinkamena

Jun 27, 2011
370999 said:
dobahci said:
This is a bad thread.

I agree with this so completely. Anyone who seriously is thinking about casually committing that scale of death and is not in a Cold War scenario is insane or evil.
There's a difference about thinking about something, and actually doing. I have often thought of how I could kill people and get away with it, but I'd never do it.
Just as I'd never nuke a country if I had the chance, but it's fun to think about.

ToffeeMC

Nov 12, 2011
"I'm not anti-any country! Except the French, they're the world's punching bag" - Totalbiscuit
So yeah, probably the French :p

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Alright! Time to murder millions of innocent, helpless people! YAY INTERNET!

Guam. It's time those guys were taken down a peg. "Oh, look at me, I'm from Guam, I went to Harvard, I'm so cool"--no, you're dead! Well, I guess that also means the United States, where I live... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmworthit.

DoPo said:
winginson said:
None.

The correct answer is of course hold the world to ransom for one million dollars.
Just one million? You can probably sell your nukes for more. No, think more evil - demand money and all the ice cream in the world or something. Make them suffer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKHSAE1gIs

May 17, 2010
Pinkamena said:
370999 said:
dobahci said:
This is a bad thread.

There's a difference about thinking about something, and actually doing. I have often thought of how I could kill people and get away with it, but I'd never do it.
Just as I'd never nuke a country if I had the chance, but it's fun to think about.
Interestingly enough when ole Herman Kahn wrote On Thermonuclear War a lot of individuals saw it as being horrific as the very act of thinking and talking about nuclear war made it more likely. Of course another group of people actually really reccomended his book as a strong argument for disarmament.

However notice the difference between the concept of "how would you murder someone?" and "who would your murder?"? This thread isn't about how you would commit a nuclear war but against how would you drop a nuclear device against if they had no ability to retaliate. The emphasis is very much not on the art of the operation but on who the poster believes deserves a terrorist atrocity the most.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
I'd bomb Antarctica.
Penguins are up to something, better be one step ahead of them
Plus, if the Thing is real, that'll be one less thing to worry about.

If I have to bomb humans, then I'd go with Ukraine, more specifically, Chrenobyl. It's long overdue for rebuilding the sarcophagus over the reactor, so might as well blow the old one to kingdom come and build over the rubble. It's not like the radiation was going to decrease to acceptable living levels anytime soon anyways.