If you could try any drug without addiction and 100% safety?

flarty

Apr 26, 2012
Pat said:
Dimethyltryptamine, its supposed to be a chemical that the brain produces that is thought to give you dreams. It can be extracted from certain plants and smoked or brewed etc making you trip serious balls.
I managed to acquire some in a smoke-able form called changa a while back. The effects only lasted for 20 minutes. BUT HOLY FUCKIN JEEBUS CHRIST. Its probably the most intense and beautiful experience of my life. I almost felt non existent at one point.

EDIT: I forgot to answer the question. After a drug fueled youth i only wanted to try DMT which as i said, i have now tried. So I've tried everything that interests me.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Jayemsal said:
wintercoat said:
Colour-Scientist said:
If 100% safety meant that I was guaranteed to not have a shit time, I would try acid.

The addiction thing isn't even relevant, I just think that if I did try it I'd be one of those people who freaks out. I know nothing seriously bad would happen, I'd just have a crappy time and who wants that?
I'd go with acid as well. Either that or LSD. Something that would make me trip balls and become one with the universe.
>_>

freakin squares, man.

LSD IS ACID.

I'd say LSD tho, it offers a very unique experience and using it may actually give you some of the best experiences of your entire life.

I firmly believe everyone should take LSD at least once in their life.
LOL... I love it. For those not knowing, LSD stands for LySergic acid Diethylamide. The dumbest abbreviation especially considering that you could call it LAD and have it be an acronym.

I would probably use all of them then. The reason they're illegal is that they are very dangerous and potentially lethal in many cases. Since they are no longer illegal in this hypothetical, I would use them all but mainly go with methamphetamines.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I've overdosed on Oxycontin before: not existing was cool for a while. At the time I wanted that while to extend to the rest of time itself. Not good, so no thank you. I'd probably break the no-risk rule pretty damn easily.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
peyote better than acid supposedly, acid is non addictive, the more you take the less you tend to get off anyway, if you are taking it constantly.

weed is psychologically addictive but not physically, tho i have a buddy swears up and down he is physically addicted to it it is physically impossible to become addicted to mj that way since it does not mess with dopamine in any way shape or form, dopamine is the main cause in drugs being physically addictive and enhancing or flooding the dopamine systems of the brain.

ketamine would be interesting, animal tranq supposed to cause out of body type hallucinations.

never heard of dimethy........ but sounds very interesting.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I'd probably try LSD, just so I can hear Pink Floyd the way it was MEANT to sound.

flarty

Apr 26, 2012
FoolKiller said:
LOL... I love it. For those not knowing, LSD stands for LySergic acid Diethylamide. The dumbest abbreviation especially considering that you could call it LAD and have it be an acronym.

I would probably use all of them then. The reason they're illegal is that they are very dangerous and potentially lethal in many cases. Since they are no longer illegal in this hypothetical, I would use them all but mainly go with methamphetamines.
NO NO NO. It stands for "lucy in the sky with diamonds"

But honestly alcohol was incredibly dangerous during prohibition. All drugs are more dangerous when put in the control of criminals. Also i'm pretty sure the number of deaths from tobacco and alcohol far out weigh the death rate of the likes of acid and mdma

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Colour-Scientist said:
If 100% safety meant that I was guaranteed to not have a shit time, I would try acid.

The addiction thing isn't even relevant, I just think that if I did try it I'd be one of those people who freaks out. I know nothing seriously bad would happen, I'd just have a crappy time and who wants that?
felbot said:
lsd probably, i really want to hallucinate stuff, like a Jackie chan tulpa.
There are videos on YouTube that simulate the visual effects of acid pretty spot on, except you don't stay awake for 8 hours or think there are giant snakes in the street. Seriously, that happened to me. It was after a heavy snowfall and I was looking down from my third floor apartment. Cars had pulled out of parking spaces and they left these long, curvy tracks in the snow. I didn't find the experience worth it at all. One of the girls I was with tried to claw out my eyes. Then she stood in the middle of the room and proceeded to piss all over herself.

...yeah, I wouldn't recommend it.
-
-
Pat said:
Dimethyltryptamine, its supposed to be a chemical that the brain produces that is thought to give you dreams. It can be extracted from certain plants and smoked or brewed etc making you trip serious balls.
flarty said:
I managed to acquire some in a smoke-able form called changa a while back. The effects only lasted for 20 minutes. BUT HOLY FUCKIN JEEBUS CHRIST. Its probably the most intense and beautiful experience of my life. I almost felt non existent at one point.
Now DMT on the other hand...eh, I would love, er...no comment.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
lechat said:
damn i was gonna say meth but a large dose of LSD might be the way to go
tried a lot of drugs in my time and while i would never try and glorify taking any form of drug i can at least give you an idea of what heroin is like. spend 2 or 3 days heavily exercising and working your ass to the bone to the point of exhaustion. get zero sleep to the point where the most important thing in the world is to get 5 minuets worth. now go find yourself a nice comfy bed and go to sleep, the last few seconds before you fall asleep is basically what heroin is like.

if you've ever seen a junkie given a shot of Naloxone to bring them out of an OD and seen how pissed off they can get it's basically because they have been woken up from the best sleep they have ever had.

i also want to counter this post with the fact that i have spent a bit of time as a drug counselor and had numerous friends die either directly or indirectly from drug abuse and while it could be possible to try some of the more addictive drugs a few times and walk away before addiction takes hold every single person i knew that tried meth or heroin did eventually become addicted and spent years battling the addiction if they were lucky enough to survive.
i can tell you stories of people turning from high powered accountants to hiv positive prostitutes in months or how one dose of heroin made one guy rob his own grandmother in days but suffice to say

Have you seen the documentary Reindeerspotting? It's insane how the French government made things worse by distributing Subutex. Good intentions being a cliche and all. I guess they tried?

hooblabla6262

Aug 8, 2008
Now here's a thread I can easily get behind. I am a strong supporter of drug use, assuming that the user has taken the time to educate themselves on the effects and dangers of said drug. All things in moderation.

There are several drugs I'm quite familiar with already (lsd, dmt, mdma, etc. etc.), and some I plan to try in the near future. Most of these drugs are relatively safe and non-addictive. So for the purpose of this thread, I'll go with heroin.

Though to be honest, I don't like the idea of putting a needle in my body. Can we get a hypothetical doctor to do it for me?

Edit: For anyone who doesn't know what DMT is, they should go look it up. By far the most interesting drug I am aware of. There's even a documentary on Netflix (though you could find better information if you browsed the web, or read the book by the same name).

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
In all honesty, none. Not a single one sounds at all appealing to me even under the hypothetical conditions of the OP.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Speed. Would take it, grab my MCITP books and study all day. Heard it makes your brain work 1000 miles per hour, might as well put it to good use ^^

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Soy Sauce. I mean, the "bad" part is exploding and with the 100% safety I'll just get to read minds and have crazy adventures and shit... With mustache bats and talking hot dogs hopefully. The part where it crawls through my skin or vomits into my eyes would be pretty shit but the ability to bring people back from the dead (a bit) with my imagination would be awesome!

If you don't know what I'm talking about go read and/or watch John Dies at the End. That shit is crazy... Meat monsters.

Feb 28, 2008
Jamash said:
It's an impossible hypothetical situation because the only way to make a drug 100% safe would be to prevent it from doing what it does, which would make taking it a pointless and unnoticeable experience.
Obviously it's an impossible hypothetical situation! It's a freakin' forum topic on the internet. Crikey, just loosen up and say what you'd try. If you wouldn't try anything, don't comment.

Probably heroin or LSD. Although frankly Salvia seems to me a sort of natural safe LSD-equivalent anyway, so not sure.

Musicfreak

Jan 23, 2009
Probably DMT. Had a chance to get some at one point but I was a little scared of having a bad trip since I heard it was so intense. If there was a guarantee of not having a bad trip I would try it in a heartbeat.

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
Yeah, add another one for DMT - mainly because I have no idea how I'd get my hands on some without the magic of a hypothetical question. Perhaps I've been away from that scene for too long. Or not long enough.

Aug 31, 2012
FizzyIzze said:
Have you seen the documentary Reindeerspotting? It's insane how the French government made things worse by distributing Subutex. Good intentions being a cliche and all. I guess they tried?
I've not seen that. Any chance of a brief summary of what they did wrong (other than the usual forcing people to take more than they want)? Subutex is generally one of the more successful heroin substitutes.

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
Plasmadamage said:
I would mix them all together in a massive syringe, and inject it straight into my brain.

Seeing as I couldn't die or indeed suffer any negative effects, I can only assume that I would ascend into some kind of godlike super entity.

That would be sweet.
Bane has the right idea.