If you had a son, what would you name him?

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Gxas said:
Detective Prince said:
Gxas said:
Detective Prince said:
Jesse.

Why? Because Jesse is the name of a really cool character in a comic I read obsessively.
And when he's in trouble:

"Jesse! BAAAAAAD BOOOOYYYY!!!"

I agree with this.
You made me laugh when I was eating a cookie!!! -.-

Ah...I'd be so tempted to burst into song every time he did something bad. My poor hypothetical son!
I was actually thinking of naming my daughter Newo for a while. But then I settled on something else I won't share (I want to keep it special) but I believe I will be using Newo for her middle name.
I was torn between Ambellina (Belle for sort) or Erica for a daughter. Decided on Erica. Hopefully she won't be a dirty skank :D

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
ddq5 said:
Jack. Well, I'd name him John officially, but only refer to him as Jack. Come on, all the cool people are named Jack. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JackAttack]
Very true. I mean, think about it! They named the Monkey, Jack!!!

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Detective Prince said:
I was torn between Ambellina (Belle for sort) or Erica for a daughter. Decided on Erica. Hopefully she won't be a dirty skank :D
I've considered Belle too. I think I'm going to save that for a cat though.

Erica is a good name. But, are you going to kill her off?

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Gxas said:
Detective Prince said:
I've considered Belle too. I think I'm going to save that for a cat though.

Erica is a good name. But, are you going to kill her off?
Only if the bicycle tells me to. Since his word is law. XD

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I was thinking of Rayleigh after one of the biggest badasses in One Piece.

But since that wouldn't really make much sense, then his name would either be Ethan, Lucas or James. Personally I like Ethan the best.

If I had a daughter I would want her to be called Catlin.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Either Óengus, Áengus, Aonghas, or Aonghus. I would spread the pain of having everyone you meet say "Wait, how do you pronounce that?" and then, when learning how, say "Ha! Like Burger King?" in a horribly incorrect statement about the origin of the name and it's usage when naming beef products.

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
Zuljeet said:
allrighty. My wife and I are having a really hard time picking a boys name for our next child (if it's a girl, we have that squared away). So I turn to you, escapist forum. What are some good boy names?

PS. We have ruled out Sue and Skeletor ;(
Marc is a nice, solid name for a boy. Flynn is also cool. So are more basic names like Scott, Anthony, etc
Avoid Carl, Cole, Bruce, old or ugly names. Or 95% of the "names" in this thread.

Or you could always go with Brett, I like that name. Because it's mine.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
yeah when the time comes, and I'm not quite old enough to be rushed by my parents out of the good bachelor life, I know I'd have an easier time with a good girl name...

loll I dunno I'm pretty sure I'd tried to slip a video game character reference in the middle name zone :p
but as for first names I'd probably find something not too crazy and inspired by someone I really like...like Nathan Fillion!

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
I shall name him after one of the funniest people I've ever talked to on a message board. His username was ***** Titty.