If you had to invade Hell which fictional army would you use?

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
I would use the Doctor...... that is all.... as OP said, Satan must be defeated, never said he had to be killed

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
I think I'd just send in the 4 horsemen from Darksiders... War alone could probably take over the place, the other 3 are just there to make sure that happens.

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
The main character of Army of Darkness, armed with his boom-stick and chainsaw. If that doesn't work...

archvile93 said:
Either 40k marines, or more likely the doom marine. I wouldn't even have to lift a finger.
That will.

Ikaruga33

Apr 10, 2011
Well taking over hell would b easy
Just do a shitton of sinning. That way when your soilders invade every single time a soilder dies he simply ends up in hell again and is ready to keep fighting. Assuming that demons dont go to hell when they die (They go to a diffrent hell)

In this case I would take an army of daleks. Demon sword would simply disintergreate against dalek shielding. Also daleks can fly which makes things easier. On top of that they also have excellent weaponry that vapourise almost evreything and can thus take down even the toughest demon

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
I'd use the Roman legions myself..

But if I have to choose a fictional army... I'd choose the Doctor.. He's an army unto himself.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Human only? The Imperial Guard from 40k, zerg rush the bastards.

Otherwise either Necrons from 40k (good luck keeping those bastards down) or the Zerg themselves.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I'd love to say the Gurren Brigade (if they count as an army) but If I want a fight that will last longer than a few minutes then I'll probably pick the ol' fashioned Doomguy.
My battle plan? Point him in the direction of hell, tell him that they all think he's a jerk, load him up with a berserker pack and a shotgun and I sit on a sun lounger and watch the action!

Elven Marksman

Jun 27, 2008
Any of the main protagonists or antagonists of Shakugan no Shana...

It might seem stupid at first, but then again, they can all pretty much stop time.

EDIT: Hahaha been so long since I last posted, forgot my picture was still Shana =D

Night_S1ash

Feb 6, 2011
Why are the only two armies either Gundams or 40k? Jesus people get something new
OT: Every Bionicle and Dragon Universe
Pwned

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
Delsana said:
deathbydeath said:
Dejanus said:
The Imperial Guard. All of them. That's hundreds of trillions of soldiers and hundreds of millions of massive war machines, artillery, and air power. The casualties would be horrendous, titanic even by the Hobbesian standard of the 41st millenium. But to die in the Emperor's service is to die a good death, and there are more martyrs where that came from.

Only in death does duty end.
well, the best thing you can do is die standing...

op: the astral knights from warhammer 40k. as tasteless it is, i'd get all of the spoils and glory...
Wouldn't you just use the Grey Knights since they're literally DESIGNED for this type of battle?
Exactly what I was thinking - A chapter's worth of Grey Knights and all would fall.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
Delsana said:
deathbydeath said:
Dejanus said:
The Imperial Guard. All of them. That's hundreds of trillions of soldiers and hundreds of millions of massive war machines, artillery, and air power. The casualties would be horrendous, titanic even by the Hobbesian standard of the 41st millenium. But to die in the Emperor's service is to die a good death, and there are more martyrs where that came from.

well, the best thing you can do is die standing...

op: the astral knights from warhammer 40k. as tasteless it is, i'd get all of the spoils and glory...
Wouldn't you just use the Grey Knights since they're literally DESIGNED for this type of battle?
Exactly what I was thinking - A chapter's worth of Grey Knights and all would fall.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
ReaperzXIII said:
JamesStone said:
ReaperzXIII said:
JamesStone said:
The Geth. Yes like in billions of billions of geth. With the heretics at their side, and their battleships, and a lot of Primes, Snipers, Hunters and Destroyers, with Legion and Vanguard Paragorn Shepard leading the strike. And Colossus. Many, many Colossus

I believe I just won.
I see your Geth and raise you Reapers! An army of eldritch abomination synthetic organic battleships on my side sounds fun.
And I reply with Geth ships equiped with Thannix cannons, Multicore kinecting barriers and diamond armor, and all the geth have weapon and shield upgrades.

Problem?
Why would there be a problem, they are FREAKING REAPERS!!! I'm pretty sure with all their years of knowledge they know how to take out a ship with a couple of fancy weapons and defences, it took how many ships just to take down one Reaper! I GOTS AN ARMY BIATCH!!! :p
Again, bilions of bilions of geth. Just the Platforms. And ships, milions, if not more, of ships equiped with Thannix Cannons, DIAMONT armor and a multicore barrier (much, and I mean MUCH more resistant), also the Reapers are less powerful than Sovereign because he was a vanguard, the big ass son of a *****. And one of the only reasons he almost succeded in overpowering alone the Citadel fleets was because he had the geth, and he had like what, 200 ships? I have millions (3 or 4 millions in fact). In fact let me add something: 2 dreagnougths from each race, everyone of them armed with the weapon that cut trough that Reaper in one shot in ME2, and the Generals would be Vanguard Paragorn Shepard, Lvl 50 Courier and Gordon Freeman.

Resistance is futile. :p to you to!

Wesley Stephenson

Jul 31, 2011
Paragon Fury said:
Wesley Stephenson said:
Dejanus said:

Send Commisar Yarrick in there with them, that ought to lower the death toll by a couple of billion.
Don't forget Commisar Cain. No doubt he'd enjoying proving he deserves his reputation by furthering his service to the Emperor.

But I'd bring the Tau. They're not afraid of some demons, and the technological supremacy of the Tau would help much in furthering the Greater Good against the hellspawn.
Nah, it'd be the chaos marines and/or chaos daemons. After all, they live in what is essentially hell, so they have the advantage.
That and explosive bullets and a strange attraction for hitting things with axes.

Alarien

Feb 9, 2010
Two people here have mentioned the T'lan Imass from Erickson's Malazan Book of the Fallen.

That answer is on the right track but incorrect. Apparently dripping the blood of a dying god turns them all back into living beings and they then proceed to die horribly.

The correct answer is an army of Malazans, themselves.

They already sport a number of living near-gods and have a habit of coming back from the dead to fuck you up anyway.

And they have Fiddler... Fiddler is win.