If you were a billionaire...

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I would build a full-scale model of Chicago, Illinois made entirely out of Nerf. Then I would live the rest of my life enjoying the wonderful cuisine that Nerf-cago has to offer.

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
Become Batman.

Buy New York City, evict everyone, buy a nuke and blow the city to kingdom come. Allow people to play Post-Nuke Paintball.

Airship Brewery.

Nuclear bunker tunnel network.

Set up a games developer.

Buy an imperial fuckton of shares in EA and activision, voting for the removal of DRM and anything remotely similar.

That's just the first week, mind you.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
kesslerparadox52 said:
Aby_Z said:
I would buy a small condo and live the rest of my life comfortably.
I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO REMEMBER, SIR (or madam), THAT YOU ARE UNDER OATH TO TELL THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, AND NOTHING! BUT! THE TRUTH!!!!!

WHOO-*AHem* Whoo, that's enough caps lock for today.

-snippy-
And I assure you that, even under oath, I would choose to buy a nice, small condo and live the rest of my life comfortably. Would you like to hear to full plan?

Upon attaining my large sum of cash I would go to college as already planned and see what happens. I won't need a job to support me in any way so I can pay through myself easily and I can screw off if I really want to. Also because of my lack of need-for-money I will have the ability to take any job that I can enjoy, no matter what I get paid, and still live comfortably. This will allow me to do something I truly enjoy with my life and keep from being a hermit for my life.

When doing nothing else I would be in my Condo. I'd make sure to get the major gaming consoles and a top-of-the-line gaming computer, but I'd eat Frozen Pizza every night for dinner as I already do. Eventually when I meet a nice girl (Of course, I'll be concealing how much money I have; I want her to love me for me, not my money) we can get married and buy a decently sized house in some suburb.

Raise kids, support the kids, give them money after I die. It's up to them to use my inheritance wisely. My life goal is a tad different from yours methinks...

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I'd go to Israel, take Krav Maga classes, then come home and do the Punisher thing.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Compared to a lot here my ideas are really boring.

I'd pay off my best mates debt and give my friends and family enough to pay off mortgages/buy a place to live. I'd buy a small flat and get top of the range tech. I'd keep working and studying until I have all my accountancy qualifications (approximately 5 years of study) while still working and getting experience, then move to Canada, buy a large house and work part time.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I'd buy the house that Tony Stark owned in Iron Man. It was possibly the nicest house I've ever seen...

DarthNinja

Feb 3, 2010
Updated the op a little bit to make things more interesting:

DarthNinja said:
Also, what would you buy?
What would be the first thing you did/bought?

Would you work? For money? What on?
I'd buy a heap of top of the line computer bits and rebuild my system, plus several huge monitors... And maybe a nice car.
Oh! and a nice laptop and Eee pc.

I'd prolly go with a laptop, then the other things :}

I think I'd do research on something, nothing like a standard office job though :p

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Engage an architect to design the perfect home, buy a bit of land and build there. I could spend a long time doing that and getting it exactly perfect.

Invest as necessary although frankly it would be bloody hard to spend billions.

Meet with my favourite charities and ask them "what do you need?"

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Julianking93 said:
I would buy a large estate in Italy and live comfortably for the rest of my days as a writer.
Oh man... that sounds like a plan.

Tairan

Mar 21, 2009
I would invest my money into some sort of cloneing machine that makes game charicters real first choise would be Ellis.

DarthNinja

Feb 3, 2010
Valksy said:
Engage an architect to design the perfect home, buy a bit of land and build there. I could spend a long time doing that and getting it exactly perfect.

Invest as necessary although frankly it would be bloody hard to spend billions.

Meet with my favourite charities and ask them "what do you need?"
You could always bail out the national debt... Although I think you'd come a bit short.

Tairan said:
I would invest my money into some sort of cloneing machine that makes game charicters real first choise would be Ellis.
Fire 'commin!

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
DarthNinja said:
You could always bail out the national debt... Although I think you'd come a bit short.
I have no idea what the British national deficit is, I am sure that there is one and it is probably an outrage. While I wouldn't engage accounts to help me avoid paying tax (if you have a billion, you can farkin spare it) but other than that Parliament can go to hell.

The ability to reach out to people who work hard to help would be very satisfying. I couldn't give a shit about fancy cars (I used to work routinely with the fanciest, they are crap) or hanging a Monet on my wall. Material stuff doesn't do it for me - nice things are OK, but a house, an Audi, couple of bits and pieces and that would be about it. How can you possibly spend a billion? The personal satisfaction of being able to write a half million pound cheque to someone like the Macmillan Nurses would be immense.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Why the same I do every night, I would try to take over the world ! *plays Pinky&The Brain theme*

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Um, Probably pay to have Iron Maiden play for me and some friends. That would be cool, and I would also pay a team of scientists to 'figure out global warming', then sell the solutions and make even more money. Then pay to see Iron Maiden again... Then i don't know. maybe I'd buy a solid gold bed or something. Oooh, actually. I would probably buy all the media and troll the general public.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
create my own evil lab/bunker of evilness, and create the Z-virus.

That or create the world's bigeest paintball/airsoft playfied, with a small town, oversized sewers and underground bunker in it and much more.