If you were going into battle, what weapons would you take? (REAL OR FICTIONAL)

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Ordinaryundone said:
Shame it sucks so hard in the setting.
Are you kidding? Pack them into a long corridor and laugh as the Ork warboss suffer a death of a thousand cuts. I'd rather onne of the Kasrkins lasguns though.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
A Banana Bomb (from the Worms series) would come in handy.

I'd save a Holy Hand Grenade for myself in case suicide was necessary.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Likely go with a Daishi or Vulture from the Mechwarrior series. If G-Forces were not an issue, I'd go with a NEXT from Armored Core 4/FA. If it has to be a hand held weapon, none other than the almighty BFG-9000. Fictional blades would be the Blades of Exile, extra reach.

In reality, I'd go with an M14 with a high mount scope (so I can use the iron sights), a bayonet, and grenade launcher which would double as a foregrip. I'd also carry my bowie and likely an axe or longsword. Unlike the katana, once those dull they won't be worthless.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
A mobile suit...

There is no kill like overkill.

the_hoffs_ego

Oct 11, 2010
THE RAY SPHERE! It's a weapon, right? That way you can destroy a good portion of your enemy and then mop the floor with the rest of them.

Also, the Creatinator from LBP2 so I could fire whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. And the Auger from Resistance so I can put up shields and shoot through walls.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Enclave power armor, a modified Heavy Incinerator to have wider fuel splash and a modernized Browning Automatic Rifle

Jnat

Feb 1, 2010
I would take some rifle that isn't too heavy, and not something that attracts too much attention on the battlefield.

Kaiser6012

Mar 10, 2010
You say a battle, so assumably there are more people opposing zombie apocalypse/renegade looting than just me.
Hrmm...
Sniper rifle, a Skorpion sub-machine gun, too much ammo for each, four frag grenades, a sledgehammer and a mesa, probably only about a foot long. The best thing about snipers is that you pick a spot and stay there. If you have to move, you move incrementally, scouting first then moving your long-term supplies.
Sniper rifle keeps you out of trouble and has enough stopping power to put anybody out of their misery/unholy compulsion, the SMG is good for on-the-move and surprise attacks, four frags is enough to clear a house of dangers without being too much of an explosives hazard, sledgie is for intimidation and utility (any locked door short of being purposefully reinforced goes down. End of story) and the mesa (german knife, very heavy and not often used for stabbing) is as much a bush-whacking tool as it is a weapon.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Primary: M-14A1 *FULL AUTO* assualt rifle 7.62X51mm NATO or .30-06 (same thing basically)
Sidearm: Colt M1911 .45ACP
Secondary: M82A1 Barret .50BMG
Melee: Japanese Kantana
Armor: Land Warrior system

If we are talking about fictional, then:
Primary: Barret M68 assualt rifle (Made up by me. A streamlined, modernized M-14 with 6.8X48mm ammo)
Sidearm: Colt M20 Machine pistol (Made up by me. Looks like a Desert Eagle with a 28 round clip, .45ACP, full auto)
Secondary: Chey-tac Interceptor (Made up by me. Modified Chey-tac Intervention. Semi-auto. .50BMG)
Melee: Japanese Kantana (what can i say, I LOVE THE KATANA)
Armor: Land Warrior Mk. II (Made up by me. Lighter, more lightweight than land warrior. Visor looks like Cross-Com from Ghost Recon, but less features.)

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
This is a tough one. I really want to say a Dragoon Spirit (and I'm twisting the "skills to master said weapon" into "it chose me") preferably non-elemental. I think it'd be sweet to fly around and chop up zombies / criminals.

The only other thing I could say would be something along the lines of the Iron Man suit. The Mark VI from the movie was pretty bad-ass. Plus even if I ran out of power it would prevent the zombies from eating me.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
i would take a VS weapon from Lost planet 2, probably the mini gun

....or if im allowed something bigger

those "AA-guns" are 30mm auto cannons so dont think they wont help

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
The best option to me seems like Mjolnir, it would be very effective against zombies and criminals and it might give me flying powers too.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
A MASSIVE two handed War-Hammer. No defense against that, and I think the crunch of bones and the snapping of tendons quite a satisfying sound.

Disturbed-Hell

Shas'la
Mar 18, 2010
An M134 minigun with a chainsaw blade wrapped around the barrels for normal engagements

A Barrett XM109 AMR for armoured targets

An m14 Enhanced Battle Rifle for long-range enemies

Umbra for when they get too close

And a suite of Terminator armour from WH40k.