If you were going into battle, what weapons would you take? (REAL OR FICTIONAL)

Jan 29, 2009
I was going to take a Main Battle Tank, but having a 120mm gun is kinda ineffecient at killing people, so I'll instead take the Tunguska Anti-Air vehicle.

I don't need all the radar or anything, but the quad 30mm cannons should be hell for anyone on the recieving end. Combined ROF of 5000 high-explosive shells per minute, all accurate enough to hit over a mile away. (See at 31 seconds in)

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
ash-brewster said:
Pretty sure the baneblade and the Titan are on the same side, aka the imperium.
Yes, but I'm an Eldar player... *yoink*, though to be fair, we've got our own Titans:

Imperial titans look terribly uncouth...(!)

teebeeohh said:
pulse rifle may be stronger but relies on power cores that you can't recharge by putting them in the sun. since we are fighting zombies this will most likely be a zombie apocalypse and a weapon that is more reliable wins over the more powerful one. and taking a titan is just lame cheating, you most likely will not have the training, team or implants to run that thing while i have just to pull a trigger.
... oh, where's your sense of pageantry?!

Probably true, though I don't know how pulse rifles are recharged, and while lasrifles can be recharged by sticking the mag in a fire, it degrades it and can cause it to explode. But, under the circumstances, with plenty of fires around (it's a zombie apocalypse after all) it's probably a good bet, and their cheap as hell, ain't they?

WRT small arms, I'd take the Avenger Shuriken Catapult (mono-molecular ammunition so light as hell) a few clips will last forever. In close combat, I'll have a Scorpion Chainsword plus Quin's Kiss... and I reckon I have the skill IRL to pull it off! =P

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
I would just send in my nod Flame tanks. upgraded with Purifying flame.
http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Flame_tank_(Tiberium_Wars)

falafax

Jun 28, 2011
The tranquilizer pistol from Metal Gear Solid, including infinite ammo, and the Gravity Gun from Half-Life 2 (or the Zero-Point Energy Manipulator if you want to be a dick). Battle plan consists of shooting everybody who moves with the tranquilizer gun, then flinging their limp forms into the horizon at Mach 2.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
real life Gmod. I'm feeling creative.
I could also take some giant mech from Full Metal Panic/Gurren Lagann/Gundam.

In a real life situation i would settle for a bomber jet.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
the engineer's wrench and the wrangler. i'd just setup a dispenser and a turret and watch the body parts fly.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Halo 1 Warthog

Indestructible and a chain gun with infinite ammo. Just grab a friend and let the party begin!

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
SckizoBoy said:
teebeeohh said:
well, it only sucks by comparison because everyone else has guns that are even more awesome.
i second the las-gun, it's designed to be reliable and maintenance free and the lack of recoil should make it easy to control. It also could possibly punch through modern tank armor if you get enough shots in.
Ordinaryundone said:
Las-Rifle from WH40k. Strong enough to dismember a man at medium range, lightweight, very duarable. Ammunition is light (literally, ha!) and can be recharged very easily. Accurate (though not as accurate as you'd expect a laser to be...), and can be toggled between semi-auto and fully automatic. Just a good all around gun. Shame it sucks so hard in the setting.
Ha! You guys can keep your lasrifles, I'm going for a pulse-rifle (longer range, higher strength, better AP).

Actually, screw all that, I'll have one of these:

The only weapon that can stomp a planet to death! =P

ash-brewster said:
Baneblade tank from warhammer, 10 barrel tank ftw.
So your Baneblade can scurry away too!
warhammer is a fucked up game. i might have to start playing it now <.<

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I would probably have the four elements of Avatar bending since each of the elements would be of equal use in battle against both criminals and zombies.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Me in a custom modern a knight suit while using a katana. Let see if those zombie can bite through steel!

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
I'd take a fictional weapon of my own design, which is: you take a Stargate, miniaturize it until it's about 150mm in diameter, put it in an assembly that makes it easier to aim at things, and link it to a twin at an offsite railgun battery.
...and you've got an infantry-sized recoilless weapon that can engage anything up through an enemy starship :) It won't have any trouble dealing with zombies.