If you were to worship a fictional God who would you choose?

gruggins

Apr 24, 2011
Azathoth.
how many gods do you know of that can destroy all of existance by waking up. thats right. waking up.

alternitavley im torn between the god-emporer of man and the god-emporer of dune. decisions decisions

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I would probably say Tzeentch because he is the god of magic, knowledge and change.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Okay, I admit I was going to say the Christian god, because the old testament is crazy interesting but I guess that's not cool, bro
Sooo I'd prick the gods from the Discworld books, they're awesome, bourgeois, superhuman beings who mess around with the lives of humans through games of chess and poker, purely for the lulz

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
All religions are fictional.

If I had to choose one though, it would be the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster... I was walking down the road the other week and I felt myself being touched by his noodly appendage.

Xealeon

Feb 9, 2009
The Discworld gods because if everyone who even thought the word "atheism" was struck by a lightning bolt, you'd believe in God a lot more than you do now.

Plus they have; Anoia goddess of things that get stuck in drawers, a messenger god named Fedecks, Bilious the "oh god of hangovers" and Urika the goddess of snow, saunas and theatrical performances under 120 people. How can you pass that up? And that's not even a 10th of all the gods they have.

Also they have an Atheist God who believes in evolution. Honestly, how could anyone choose anyone other than these guys?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Liudeius said:
Claiming things based on no evidence other than "I want it that way" is.
You're so right. I hate all these religious fanatics who think a Backstreet Boys song can prove their religion to be true.

Furthermore: One of the New Gods from DC Comics. Possibly Darkseid.

NightlyNews

Mar 25, 2011
CrashBang said:
Okay, I admit I was going to say the Christian god, because the old testament is crazy interesting but I guess that's not cool, bro
Sooo I'd prick the gods from the Discworld books, they're awesome, bourgeois, superhuman beings who mess around with the lives of humans through games of chess and poker, purely for the lulz
I didn't actually think about it that way. Old Testemant Christian God is probably one of the most badass deities ever. Less rape than zeus, more frying people than Adi Shakti, less tentacles than cthulu and overall is kinda like the man with no name.

If I was forced to follow a religion it would probably be Judaism or Christianity. *Not saying they are fictional just interesting.

edit:accidentally quoted wrong person at first sorry.

Vornek

Jan 25, 2011
All glory to the chaos gods!

In particular, I like Tzeentch. My avatar is his (un)holy mark.

Capthca: Enjoy life
...Hm yes i do need to seriously traumatize someone today and laugh at them. thanks for the reminder.

-V

ahscrewnames

Apr 11, 2011
Apollo45 said:
Akatosh, because he's awesome. I mean, giant dragon for the win. Especially since he's real (in the game at least).
second that, perfect for me as whell since i've beaten the knights of the crusader quest line

Gustavo S. Buschle

Feb 23, 2011
My mom says Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. I would worship a god I would come up myself, like a god who worships me or something.

Triangulon

Nov 20, 2009
Crom! Because then I could shout 'Crom!'

I do find it interesting that modern religions are not considered fictional but older religions (greek, roman, egyptian) are. I assumed the OP meant religions featured in works of fiction and not worshiped in reality. There are plenty of interesting religions in the Malazan Book of the Fallen. Being a worshiper of Shadowthrone could certainly be interesting! I'd be more likely to follow Burn though.

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
BLOOOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!! yes, im gonna worship khorne just because ranting that is awesome