I'm a thirteen year-old gamer.Don't hate me for it.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Congratulations! But this is nothing new. I don't want to be an ass-hole but we all know not every 13 year old gamer acts like a savage retard.

thegamermn

Jan 30, 2009
Here's the bottom line, I won't quote everyone but as for the maturity levels? it varies. I'm a teenager, when I have a Mic it's used to coordinate with my teammates or talk to friends over XBL.

As for those who are angry kids are playing M/R18+/16+ rated games:The fact of the matter is that most parents can't be bothered to look at the rating of the videogame the child is shoving towards them for them to buy or perform the superhuman feat of turning the game case over and looking at the content listed that earned it an M or R18+ rating.

When children are exposed to content that they aren't prepared for or shouldn't be viewing: It's the parents fault as much as --scratch that-- moreso than it is the child's. If a child (or teenager) wants a game, they'll try whatever they can to get it, even if that means lying to their parents. The parents have the right and the responsibility to say no if they don't want their child viewing graphic content

Dec 14, 2008
pyrosaw said:
Alot of people these day's play multiplayer.And i'm pretty sure we all have our story of some fourteen year-old(or younger) screaming in his mic about you actually killing him.This doesn't really bother me much, considering there is a handful of adults who can't coup with this either.But for some reason, adults have started to tell me I shouldn't play multiplayer because children ruin the online experince.Now, before I go on, I am fully aware that most american children are idiots, and that most idiots have mic's.But just because they are massive idiots, doesn't mean I am, so don't put me into this spectum of idiocy just because you feel like it.Some of us can handle ourselves without a cell phone and the Internet.We mostly live in Arizona.
There are two types of people in this world, assholes and non-assholes. No matter the age, race, or education an asshole has they will still be an asshole. This also applies to non-assholes.

Welcome to the club of non-assholism. /wierd metaphorical rant thing.

I'm also 13, but I've never encountered any of these whiny children everyone complains about. I haven't shared my age online, so no one has complained about that. It really doesn't matter what age someone is as long as they're useful.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
I'm 14 and I don't play multiplayer very much because I'am trying to play while a bunch of drunk 20 year old shout and swear at me for been so young. Talk about irony.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
I used to be that young and an online gamer, I often got shocked replies when people heard that I was as young as I was.

So not all youngsters are bad online, but the loud minority certainly makes it seem like it.

Bran Mugen

Feb 16, 2010
HG131 said:
My post was telling you why people under the age on the rating play. Because just because someone is under that age it doesn't mean they aren't mature enough.
I realise that, but frankly mesuring maturity is too hard (if not impossible) to do compared with age.

Now, not to be rude, but I think we should stop this replying with eachother before we clog up the forums. I believe we have both made our points.

Twitchy Racoon

Nov 9, 2009
chopperman said:
Twitchy Racoon said:
chopperman said:
no
LightspeedJack said:
similar.squirrel said:
You shouldn't be playing shooters at that age to begin with. It says so on the box.
Pfft why is he gonna be scarred for life?
no because its the law retard
also because the grown ups say nasty words and little jimmy might hear some and start saying them to look tough and manly and his mom and dad who spent money on the little retard might not like hearing him say them.
you need to go socialize with something that isnt a bible or paranoid parent
I would be totally fine with this bs if the parents had the balls to beat there stupid kids and thats all they really need but there are such pussies that they give in to getting the little retards M rated games that they forget that 5 year olds are not meant to see someone get there bodies turned inside out. the same reason you don't let 5 year olds watch SAW its rated M for a reason

and btw there is no god if there was a just and loving god we would have died off a long time ago before the human race got this damn stupid
So after seeing these 'boobies' you think that these ignorant little monsters that'll believe anything cuz there are young and innocent, will become the next Osama's?

Truehare

Nov 2, 2009
It's not about age, it's about whether or not you're a douchebag. Unfornately, most 13-year-olds ARE douchebags when they are online (hey, I was thirteen myself twenty years ago, I have a son who was that age five years ago, AND I was a teacher for a lot of kids that age during a particularly hellish period of my life, so I know what I'm talking about). Of course, there are exceptions on both sides, and you seem like one of them.

Besides, how could I hate someone who has such an awesome avatar?

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Face it. There are spoilt brats at every age group. 14 year olds are just the most frequent. Doesn;t stop most people from complaining that you killed them though.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
HG131 said:
Really, you shouldn't get annoyed unless they start the trash talk. I'm kind and stuff until my team starts acting like a bunch of trained man-apes without the training or someone just mindlessly insults me, but my trash talk is well though out, slightly confusing to most people, trash talk.
So are you trying to say that a person shouldn't be offended that a juvenile is playing a game that is meant to be played by adults? It's a matter of parenting. If I was a parent I wouldn't want my 14 year old associating whilst people are smoking (even if they were family members).

Children lack hindsight, which is why they need guidance and parenting to be forged into useful adults.

I question any parent that buys games like Gears of War for 13/14 year olds or younger ... you feel like nudging them and whispering in their ear exactly what happens in these games. I doubt the majority of parents know exactly what they are doing when they buy these games for their kids.

And to be fair, alot of parents grew up as I ... in the era of NES where violence was implied moreso than explicitly shown.

Aux

Jul 2, 2009
It is quite sad that most younger gamers give a bad name to the few who are actually mature and don't scream into the mic. I have bumped into quite a few younger gamers who are very mature for their.

People telling you not to play online is just wrong. If anything they are the idiots who should be hanging up their controllers, because like you said there are plenty of adults who act the same if not worst then younger gamers.

I try to keep a positive attitude towards younger gamers, but it is very difficult. There are so many idiots that play WoW, TF2, L4D etc. Normally I keep quite/mute the player but their is the odd time I tell them off. I'm sorry if that makes me look like the idiot but sometimes these kids need to be told in a blunt way just how stupid they are acting.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
If they seriously asked you not to play then it just proves that there are arse holes in every age group no matter what direction you look.