I'm new here: What're these forums like?

I_LIKE_CAKE

Oct 29, 2008
GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Seriously, The Escapist is an awesome place, so welcome and see you around.

Solytus

Sep 2, 2008
No-one important said:
So, I've just taken my first steps to becoming a part of the community by having an avatar made by the [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.79496?page=1"]Holiday Council[/a].

I want to know, what are these forums like? What nationality are most forumgoers? Are there any things I should know which aren't mentioned in the posting guidelines? Any famous users I should make myself familiar with? Do you feel that the specificity present in this veritable glut questions belies the vagueness of my overarching goal?
First off, Welcome to the Escapist, we hope you enjoy your experience with us, and have fun.

And as for your questions:

~ these forums are likely the best you'll find in the gaming community, if not overall. The majority of the members are literate, respectful, friendly, helpful, and funny. As long as you can act the same way, your experience here should be a great one.

~ As for famous members, I feel that you'd gain a much greater respect for them if you realized who they were on your own. As your frequent the forums you'll begin to note and respect a certain few members that prove tier worth time and time again.

~ your forgot "of" ;) -
...present in this veritable glut of questions belies...
~ If you have any more questions, feel free to message me. =)

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Howdy, noobie. Good to have you here, I'm sure you'll be an excellent member of our massive and strange family. Feel free to explore, and there's no need to shy away from the Forum Games and RP section, we could always use new bloo- I mean, new players.

I'm known around here as... wait, what am I known around here for? Guys, what am I best known for here on the Escapist?

Anyway, have fun. Oh, and I will be friending you, because I am a nice person. *hugs*

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
No-one important said:
iggyus said:
Don't feed Max
Who is Max?
Fat Man Spoon said:
A new person who can spell!
I figure that something which is demanded in the posting guidelines should probably be followed.
And I like your avatar.
Thanks, I haven't seen anyone else with a Brotherhood Outcast avatar, so it's pretty unique.
You'll find out soon enough who Max is.

I'm just happy that someone read the forum guidelines...

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
:D Hey-lo! Velcome to the Escapist forums. <3

I think the only anomaly here is that people are pretty anal about using the search bar to not repeat a thread that's been done recently. Other than that, common sense, and by your opening post, your grammar should be fine. :)

Dr.Sean

Apr 5, 2009
Welcome to the Escapist. Ignore the parasties [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.129642].

No-one important

Aug 6, 2009
Dr.Sean said:
Welcome to the Escapist. Ignore the parasties [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.129642].
Nice self plug (I mean that in a non-sarcastic way).
It's good to find out behaviours that aren't accepted by the community.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
There's really only one rule:

Dont be a dick. As long as your posts are respectful, and in no way resemble the kind of dross you get at places like Gamefaqs, you will be welcome here. We pride ourselves on being an oasis of rationality in a desert of morons, 4channers, and fanboyism.

Enjoy your stay, and have a cookie!

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
No stupid polls. Too many stupid polls already exist. There have been polls about polls!

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
No-one important said:
So, I've just taken my first steps to becoming a part of the community by having an avatar made by the [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.79496?page=1"]Holiday Council[/a].

I want to know, what are these forums like? What nationality are most forumgoers? Are there any things I should know which aren't mentioned in the posting guidelines? Any famous users I should make myself familiar with? Do you feel that the specificity present in this veritable glut of questions belies the vagueness of my overarching goal?
Welcome to the Escapist!. Just let common sense guide you, young padawan and you shall be a-ok!

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
The internet forums with the least number of dickheads on it. And I can't give higher praise.