I'm sorry, you have forfeited your right to complain.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
There are just certain situations, where you forfeit your right to ***** about it. Ex: You refused to buy flood insurance, though you could afford it and you live in a flood zone. Your house is damaged in a flood. You don't get to complain there. If you have no one to blame but yourself in a situation, you can't complain about it. End of story.*End Rant.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I have a situation where the person in question has no right to complain.

When you continue with your bad habits, and then try and complain why no one wants anything to do with you, especially after they have tried to get you help.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Example: Ran through a stop light and got T-boned by a SUV. You complain about the driver not stopping for you.

Some people will always complain, even if they are responsible for the problem, as that is the way they've been raised or figured out how life works.

[small] I hate people like that. [/small]

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
quite a few lawsuits over the misuse of a given product fall into this category too. For years, I've been in favor of removing safety labels from pretty much everything, giving their manufacturers blanket amnesty (except under whatever conditions may cause a product recall, such as toxicity/flammability/etc), and encouraging a higher social learning curve that way.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Mine is, if you buy games used, you have no right to complain about the quality of the game or the developers since you're contributing to them.

Why just used games?

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
I've seen people who buy or build a house close to an airport (because it's cheaper probably) and then go on to complain about the noise the planes make when fly overhead. They even demand that the planes make a detour, I mean, WTF?

Doughboy0

Sep 24, 2009
Manicotti said:
quite a few lawsuits over the misuse of a given product fall into this category too. For years, I've been in favor of removing safety labels from pretty much everything, giving their manufacturers blanket amnesty (except under whatever conditions may cause a product recall, such as toxicity/flammability/etc), and encouraging a higher social learning curve that way.
I'd love to watch that play-out. It's be funnier then TV.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
rockingnic said:
Mine is, if you buy games used, you have no right to complain about the quality of the game or the developers since you're contributing to them.
If you buy a game and then find you don't like it, then you wasted your money, and you have the right to whine about that. Whining about how the developers should have worked harder or something is different.

OT: One of my buddies never buys lunch or brings food of his own, but always complains about not having any and begs from me. It irks me.

Kanazuchi

Aug 20, 2008
I've got one friend who dresses in extremely sexy costumes at anime conventions, then complains that she gets creepy stalkers. C'mon, put some clothes on!

ragestreet

Oct 17, 2008
versoth said:
rockingnic said:
In favor of piracy, then?
Well it is both fun and somewhat free.
I say somewhat because PC game piracy may require you to buy a different graphics card or whatever hardware the game you want needs.

dbungus2000

Apr 12, 2010
If you make a sandwich and you don't check the expiration date on the pickle and you get HIV, then you have no right to complain

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
versoth said:
rockingnic said:
In favor of piracy, then?
In favor of buying them new unless you can't (for example, games not in production any more) if you want to complain about developers not doing their job. Otherwise I could careless what people do with their money, never could save enough money for more important things in the future like college, a house, a car or just life.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
1. Don't Vote = Don't complain about the government
2. Haven't experienced a portion of life (Never had a job, never went to uni, never finished Highschool, Never served in Armed Forces etc.) = Don't rag on it or say it's easy/unnecissary.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Kanazuchi said:
I've got one friend who dresses in extremely sexy costumes at anime conventions, then complains that she gets creepy stalkers. C'mon, put some clothes on!
I'm not going so far as to say that. Getting looks and creepy stalkers are two different things. However, If some guy tries to grab her ass and she beats the shit out of him, he has no right to complain.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Hmm, when a rapist complains about anything that goes wrong in their life. You had your chance for a good life, you blew it, and now deserve nothing but the absolute worse in life. May God (for the sake of argument) have no mercy on your soul. Met one who had the gall to complain about his problems. I. DON'T. CARE. I could continue but I'd rather not get permabanned.

Also, this guy: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/05/27/jvm.dairy.farm.abuse.cnn?iref=allsearch

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
marter said:
I have a situation where the person in question has no right to complain.

When you continue with your bad habits, and then try and complain why no one wants anything to do with you, especially after they have tried to get you help.
I know what that's like. Far too well...

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
dbungus2000 said:
If you make a sandwich and you don't check the expiration date on the pickle and you get HIV, then you have no right to complain
Sorry but how would someone contract HIV this way?

OT: Like when you don't write down directions and then get lost.