In Regards to Wild West

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I will say that it seems fitting BreakfastMan gets the last post, in the last thread, that was started by him, bagging Zontar.

It seems like an appropriate end if there was to be one to the subforum, regardless of whether you care or not, or agree or not, whether it should have been shut down. Appreciate the idea that forever will it remain on the internet. Archived long after the digital sands of time bury the site deep in the proverbial soil of the internet.

That there was a forum dedicated to shitposting, and it ended in such magnificent style of calling someone an incel on the internet, as the 21 gun salute to such evocative and meaningless discourse.

It's kind of tragically beautiful...

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
chocolate pickles said:
The behaviour of the mods in this thread would fit well in the Wild West. It's actually disgusting.
I'm reading their comments and they haven't called anyone a fag or told them to drink bleach, so from the looks of it they're infinitely better than anything that happened in the ol' dead never coming back Wild West

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
I will say that it seems fitting BreakfastMan gets the last post, in the last thread, that was started by him, bagging Zontar.
I didn't even start that thread, though... nor did I start the trend of Zontar call-out threads... My last post wasn't even really a good one. :\

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Basement Cat said:
So, your idea of dealing with a complaint is to call somebody a kindergartener, and strawman them to seem like an irresponsible idiot whilst ignoring the main portion of their post.

... Weren't you just complaining about passive aggressiveness of users?

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
The Lunatic said:
... Weren't you just complaining about passive aggressiveness of users?
Yeah but his name is a different color than mine so he can do what he wants.

Period.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
I didn't even start that thread, though... nor did I start the trend of Zontar call-out threads... My last post wasn't even really a good one. :\
Holy crap, for some reason I thought it was your callout thread. Hrm... you ruined it. You ruined the moment for me.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Silentpony said:
chocolate pickles said:
The behaviour of the mods in this thread would fit well in the Wild West. It's actually disgusting.
I'm reading their comments and they haven't called anyone a fag or told them to drink bleach, so from the looks of it they're infinitely better than anything that happened in the ol' dead never coming back Wild West
That stuff never even happened in the WW...

You never even went in the WW, you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Like, come on!

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Drathnoxis said:

You never even went in the WW, you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Like, come on!
Just forget it, Drath. Everyone's convinced WW is the 5th circle of hell.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Drathnoxis said:
Silentpony said:
chocolate pickles said:

I don't have to post in the WW to be able to read it.

It was a shit place for shit threads and the site is better without it.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Silentpony said:
Drathnoxis said:
Silentpony said:
chocolate pickles said:

Except you still lied.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Silentpony said:
Yes. On a site that declining more and more each day the best thing to do is to remove a subforum that some of the few remaining people would mostly post in.

God forbid you could just not give any attention to it at all if you dislike it so much.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
vallorn said:
Silentpony said:
Drathnoxis said:
Silentpony said:
chocolate pickles said:

Except you still lied.
No I didn't. The Wild West was the place to call people fags, cucks, cunts, you name it. That was the point.

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
Silentpony said:
Drathnoxis said:
Silentpony said:
chocolate pickles said:

It's no use arguing with these folks. They seem to feel that your opinion only matters if you reply to posts. Sort of like how they thought I was absent as a CM because I didn't join their circlejerk arguments about the moderators they enjoyed bashing despite being online daily to read them.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
n0e said:
Sort of like how they thought I was absent as a CM because I didn't join their circlejerk arguments about the moderators

This from a guy who I tried politely PMing but didn't respond to a word I said.

SolidState

May 30, 2015
MC1980 said:
Basement Cat said:
anthony87 said:
Not trying to add to the mod pile on or anything but surely you can see the irony in saying something like this when people have been saying that same thing for years regarding certain posters. Until off course they lose that short leashed temper and get banned while the one being passive aggressive gets off scot free.
Boo.

This isn't Kindergarten. We strive to make things fair for all folks.

To cry "Foul!" and behave wrongly directly stating that others' misbehavior serves as an excuse for doing so fails to persuade me.

"I am an adult!"

This we take as given.

"I cry tears like a child because someone was mean to me."

This, too, we attend to.

"Someone was mean to me so I broke the rules and now others suggest I shouldn't be found responsible for my personal, very own behavior/response."

No.

Period.

No.

Take responsibility for yourself. Period.
what
Our illustrious """""Community Manager""""", folks.

secretkeeper12

Jun 14, 2012
Aw, man. I just logged on to post a thread in the subforum; it's a shame to see it go.

Oh well, it was nothing but a vanilla 4Chan anyways. Maybe Reddit can service our whimsical needs.