Incest

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
For a starting definition so there's no confusion

Definition of incest
noun
sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.
Origin:
Middle English: from Latin incestus, incestum 'unchastity, incest', from in- 'not' + castus 'chaste'

It's from the Oxford Dictionary.

For discussion:

-Is incest morally wrong?
-In the case of no possible offspring?
-With offspring?

-Should incest be legally banned?
-Does the act of incest disgust you?

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
Milk said:
This thread is going to end well.

seydaman said:
Nope.

Nope.

Yeah but provided no one is getting hurt it is none of my business.

I'm pretty liberal when it comes to this sort of stuff.
This is my view as well. Though from a medical standpoint, I would recommend genetic counselling for heterosexual couples who might run the risk of being pregnant, just as it is recommended for couples who have a risk of passing on genetic conditions on their offspring.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
This... is probably the most unusual thread I have seen in a looooong time. I mean, Bam! The title was straight to the point, even.

OT: I'm pretty neutral on the subject. As long as it's consensual and no specific genetic lineage is being created by it (if heterosexual relations is present)... do whatever gets your rocks off.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Something about the idea of screwing your brother/sister/mother/father just seems kinda wrong. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Milk said:

seydaman said:
Nope.

Nope.

Agreed entirely.
Although I think that having a child from incest (however close the relation is that is considered statistically dangerous for the child) should certainly be banned.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
One of those fun little quirks of human psychology. No one wants to sleep with their own sibling, but just about everyone likes the idea of a threeway with twins. ;)

I say as long as no children are possible, do what you like.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
seydaman said:
Not really, no. Sex is just sex. It's nothing special, just two bodies together (This does not mean that it can't be something special)

It's a tough one to answer. On grounds of incest, then no. But due to the problems with incestuous conception it is also a problem, especially being that no sexual contraceptives are 100% effective. If two related people want a baby together, something needs to be done to prevent that from happening . I'm not saying it should be banned, just playing devil's advocate.

You also here stories about long lost brothers and sisters who are married with kids before they realise (Can I change the spellchecker on here to U.K English in any way?) anything. I've seen similar stories where random married couple's in-laws have fallen in love and ran off together to be married etc. While they're not blood relatives in any sense, they still fall within the definition of incest. It's just too hard to judge.

To quote Woody Allen: "The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to those things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that's that."

and to quote him further: "Happy father's day? or as they call it in my family, happy brother-in-law's day"

It depends really. At first I want to type 'yes' but then I think "Would I like to see two really fine twins lesbianing it up" - "Yes, yes I would"

Seriously, who's fantasy wasn't the Olsen twins when growing up?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
It fucking creeps me the shit out.

But, if two consenting adults want to do boinking, who am I to deny them?

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I don't believe it's wrong or should be banned, no. I had a pretty lengthy debate in another thread a short while about this, and it's something I'm set in stone about. As long as they're over their country's legal age, and are consenting, then I am all for it. The issue of incest birth having problems is one I understand, and so I say there is an insanely simple solution: adoption.

As for whether it disgusts me, not really. As long as it isn't forced and both (or more) people involved are all fine with it, then no, it doesn't disgust me. Why would it? Now, if it was a parent abusing his/her 11 year old child, then that disgusts me. But not the former.

And I see no reason for this thread not to be healthy and civil. This is a topic that deserves some discussion.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
BathorysGraveland2 said:
The issue of incest birth having problems is one I understand, and so I say there is an insanely simple solution: adoption.
I'm a little confused at how this would help? The problems with incestuous conception is that many birth defects occur within the baby. Higher death rates, Higher chances of illnesses, deformity and many other genetic problems.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Milk said:

seydaman said:
Nope.

Nope.

Hey, look at that, it's everyone's answer to this thread.

Yeah, I think we can just end the thread with this comment, because it's just minor variations of this.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
seydaman said:
Is incest morally wrong?
It is as morally wrong as killing is; which is to say, this question is meaningless without context. So are the next three, for which reason I will skip them.

seydaman said:
Does the act of incest disgust you?
Er...why do you want to know? Are you checking for bias among respondents?

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I have no intention to touch my brother or either of my sisters but if someone else feels like that then I have no right to intrude. It's not wrong in any way and most of the reasons people believe it is wrong is bullshit pseudo-science usually propagated by the Church.

In the case of possible offspring, the chances of genetic defects in first generation incestuous children is almost no different from a normal, non related couple. It's only when multiple generations of inbreeding occur that negative traits tend to surface. There's also a chance of positive traits doing the same. Ever heard of selective inbreeding? We've been doing it to dogs for centuries.

Does it disgust me? Yes and no. I find the thought of sexual relations with my own siblings disgusting but I have no strong reaction to other people being in that kind of relationship. If it's what they want then that's their prerogative.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Bug MuIdoon said:
BathorysGraveland2 said:
The issue of incest birth having problems is one I understand, and so I say there is an insanely simple solution: adoption.
I'm a little confused at how this would help? The problems with incestuous conception is that many birth defects occur within the baby. Higher death rates, Higher chances of illnesses, deformity and many other genetic problems.
Umm, I believe he suggests the couple adopts, rather than risk exactly what you described. I'm a bit confused why you described the problems they won't face and were confused by that.

OT: I'm pretty lax on the matter, I suppose, I never thought of it as a huge deal.

seydaman said:
I suppose it depends on the morals. As I said, the idea of incest doesn't bother me/
seydaman said:
-In the case of no possible offspring?
Yeah, I think it's fine.

seydaman said:
-With offspring?
That's different, I'd say the couple needs to consult a doctor of some kind and think about it really well. And as was suggested, adoption is an option.

seydaman said:
OK, I can see a reason, namely the offspring, but I am not really sure, to be honest. I don't think I can answer this one.

seydaman said:
No. As far as I'm concerned, people should be free to do whatever.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Bug MuIdoon said:
Adoption means an incest couple wouldn't need to have their own baby in the first place, completely overriding those problems you mentioned.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I think it's fucking creepy as all hell and just gives me the heebie jeebies.

However, as much as I think it's gross I'm not gonna stop consenting adults doing.... things.... in the bedroom.

People are weird and kinky creatures, and the less I know about their late night extra-special activities the happier I am.

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
Bug MuIdoon said:
But due to the problems with incestuous conception it is also a problem, especially being that no sexual contraceptives are 100% effective. If two related people want a baby together, something needs to be done to prevent that from happening
Um, there are plenty of other cases where a couple is almost guaranteed to have a child with terrible genetic conditions. We do not prevent them from having children. We recommend genetic counselling, which informs them of the risks they are undertaking and what official medical recommendations are.

If having a child with genetic conditions was such a horrible event that absolutely needed to be prevented from happening, we would perform automatic abortions (or induced labour and subsequent infanticide) on any pregnant woman whose child turned up positive on congenital birth defects or genetic conditions screenings.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Please don't let this turn into the new trend for threads Please don't let this turn into the new trend for threads Please don't let this turn into the new trend for threads.

I don't condemn those who do it consensually however I'm not exactly gonna cheer em on either :p