Incest

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Don't believe it should be banned/outlawed. As long as the two people doing it are above the legal age and consenting then by all means go for it. I'd advise not trying for a kid though...

Does it disgust me? Yes. I'm very liberal about things and where people like to rub their genitals but that is one thing I could never condone. Not even drop dead gorgeous twin on twin action... just creepy man. BUT, by all means live your life and I'll continue not fucking my cousins.

Unstoppable Wall

May 12, 2009
Well to be honest I guess the best way to answer this is saying that it isn't my cup of tea. That being said, it isn't really my place to judge what anyone else does in the bedroom.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
It's disgusting and I can explain why. During childhood, children imprint on their parents, most often they identify with the opposite sex parent (this also extends to uncles, aunts and step parents around at the time), in order to better create their own criteria for a mate. The normal psychological process means that the two identify each other as non-compatible sexually. This also extends to children raised with those siblings up to the age of 12, later than that the imprinting process is similar to that between said child and their corresponding parent.

Now deviation from this process is associated with many negative psychological phenomenon. I.E. molestation, grooming, mental and physical abuse. The most common of these deviations is seen between father and daughter and has an extremely high association with abusive behavior from said parental figure. Other deviations include mother and son, older sibling and younger sibling etc.

So with the inherent psychological defect within these people and it's association with physical/sexual/mental abuse... none of you should be "ok" with incest.

For people arguing the "consenting adults" thing, long term grooming of their own children is very common with pedo's, so their relative partner may consent later in life, but it is still a reflection of a distorted upbringing and something that should never be legalized.

TheLion

Apr 18, 2012
seydaman said:
For a starting definition so there's no confusion

For discussion:

-Is incest morally wrong?
Since I base my morals on whether or not people inflict physical or emotional pain, no.

-In the case of no possible offspring?
Nope
-With offspring?
Nope
-Should incest be legally banned?
Nope

-Does the act of incest disgust you?
Yes, but my opinion on incest shouldn't matter since it doesn't hurt anyone, unless it persists for generations which is unlikely in an increasingly urbanized world. Most people who are family have no sexual attraction to one another, unless they've been separated before the sibling-bonding or parental-bonding process is completed.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Uriel-238 said:
Relish in Chaos said:
I'm skeptical of people that talk about "genetic attraction" (especially when used as a justification for incest) in how humans are apparently hardwired to go after partners that looks similar to them...
Keep in mind that our brains are informed by our cohabitants regardless of blood-relations (specifically to mate with those who look like them, but not those particular specimens). Our mating desires can also be informed by other factors. And regardless, statistical tendencies found in studies of large groups tend to say very little about the individual e.g. just because women tend to be smaller and less muscular than men doesn't inform whether a specific woman will be a good marine.
Perhaps informed, but it doesn't necessarily translate into wanting to bang them. I'm just saying, I can't imagine ever finding anyone of my own race, let alone my mother or sister, sexually attractive. The only thing I'd want in common with a partner (in terms of appearance) is their weight (I'd say I'm of a fairly healthy size), and that's it. I don't care if they have red eyes, pink hair, or a mole on their thigh, as long as they look nothing like anyone I'm related to, because that's an instant turn-off.

Uriel-238 said:
I'm not comparing incest to homosexuality, rape fantasies, or urolagnia. Going by society?s definition, it seems that anything other than heterosexual sex is considered "deviant".
I would, in that none of these predilections should inform the law. Homosexuality, rape fantasies (played out between consenting adults), scat play, whatever, shouldn't be criminalized because its presence offends some people. Some kinds of sex play are risky, but so is jumping out of an airplane with a questionably-packed parachute, and that's plenty legal.
Yeah, I agree. It's just that there's an actual legitimate reason for outlawing incest in the case of baby-making, because of the high risk of both physical and mental debilitation. As I said, it would be tough for a child, as they're growing up, to get their head around the fact that their mother is also their sister, not to mention how that could affect their own relationships in the future.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Hmm.

Do you have siblings?

If so, if you found them emotionally/physically attractive, would you consider a romantic relationship? Assuming they also do.

If no, would you be fine with engaging in such a hypothetical relationship?

If engaged in such a relationship, would you tell people if they asked? Or keep it a secret on purpose?

Do you think there would be feelings of guilt? Or do you imagine yourself feeling fine/great?

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
as someone who has, on several occasions, practiced sibling incest, I can say that I do not find it wrong, or disgusting or understand why it would be illegal. Sex between consenting adults is just that in the end: sex between consenting adults.

Really i don't see the issue here.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
seydaman said:
For a starting definition so there's no confusion

Definition of incest
noun
sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.
Origin:
Middle English: from Latin incestus, incestum 'unchastity, incest', from in- 'not' + castus 'chaste'

It's from the Oxford Dictionary.

For discussion:

-With offspring?

-Is incest morally wrong? I'm not sure how I feel honestly. On one hand, we are actually not only culturally conditioned to stray away from incest recent research says a majority of us may even be biologically conditioned. I forget a lot of the details, but basically it suggested that living with someone for so long in the same environment under those circumstances created a sort of sexaul deviation trigger in your brain psychology. You would not think of doing such things and would stay away from that sibling in circumstances that could create that urge. This is also linked to sibling rivalry and something about the way your siblings smell to you versus other people.

But, I'd have to go with no. The only things that condemn it fully are society and religious doctrine. Society over-emphasizes incomplete science that it is not knowledgable on to begin with due to their own repulsion.

-In the case of no possible offspring? The only real danger as someone already said is multiple generations of inbreeding. I don't the act of actual sex between siblings has health effects on just the two of them seeing as that's never been pointed out in any of the discussions I've heard about. Having a child once between siblings probably would not hurt their lineage too much even if it does weird me out a bit. I can't say for sure though seeing as I don't know much myself (sad considering my parents are doctors).

-With offspring? As long as they don't make a habit of having a lot of kids and raise the risk of giving one of them health problems later with each birth I think I'm fine.

-Should incest be legally banned? Isn't it already banned one way or another however flimsy or subtle those laws are between states in the U.S. or other countries' governments? I think there are a couple places it's stated as legal in clear writing but I don't remember. Again, I say no. My personal problems with it aside it doesn't really hurt anyone provided the couple follows the above guidelines.

-Does the act of incest disgust you? Eh, I don't know that it disgusts me. Wrapping my head around it leads to weird places is all.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
seydaman said:
Hmm.

Do you have siblings?

If so, if you found them emotionally/physically attractive, would you consider a romantic relationship? Assuming they also do.

If no, would you be fine with engaging in such a hypothetical relationship?

If engaged in such a relationship, would you tell people if they asked? Or keep it a secret on purpose?

Do you think there would be feelings of guilt? Or do you imagine yourself feeling fine/great?
-Do you have siblings? Yes, I have siblings.

-If so, if you found them emotionally/physically attractive, would you consider a romantic relationship? Assuming they also do. Honestly, it never really crosses my head. I think once I thought about her physical attractiveness when my sister got dressed up for something, but it was a stray thought. I was mostly thinking how weird it was she dressed up like that for the thing she was going to. I don't remember the details, but the thought wasn't banging my head from the inside. I am emotiionally close to her but it's strictly in a close friends/sibling way.

-If engaged in such a relationship, would you tell people if they asked? Or keep it a secret on purpose? I don't think I'd tell people. I'm not afriaid to speak my mind that often or say controversial things but I'd rather not deal with the attention. The disgust I'd receive is not worth it either especially since I would be getting it from good people I know and I don't want to distance myself from them despite our conflicting views.

-Do you think there would be feelings of guilt? Or do you imagine yourself feeling fine/great? I'd imagine I'd be feeling guilty. I already have personal issues with it. If I somehow convinced myself it was okay those thoughts would still linger. I don't get over simple things easily like saying/doing something stupid or going through a breakdown I couldn't really control. So, that'd be much much worse for me. It would just linger and hammer away till that part of me conflicting me just vanished from my character completely; that's the only way I get over things completely: the thing about me causing it has to change.

locoartero

Jan 3, 2011
Arakasi said:
Milk said:
This thread is going to end well.

seydaman said:
Nope.

Nope.

Yeah but provided no one is getting hurt it is none of my business.

I'm pretty liberal when it comes to this sort of stuff.
Agreed entirely.
Although I think that having a child from incest (however close the relation is that is considered statistically dangerous for the child) should certainly be banned.
Why? Look it up, the idea of an incestuous child being a hideous abomination is a misconception, unless WE ARE TALKING MULTIPLE GENERATIONS OF INCEST. Unless its progenitors are also the product of incest, all that will happen is that it will increase the chances of a genetic problem (over a non-incest) by about 2%. That's it, really. Game of Thrones got it right, unless you count being the most hateable person ever as a genetic defect

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
-yes
-yes
-yes

-yes
-yes

There is no good and bad incest. Incest is wrong period.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
to all the people that are like "uhhh but the chances of complications are slim, it would only be a problem after several generations."

no.

true, the chance for severe problems right of the bat are slim. but if a person born of incest finds a parter one day that is also the product of incest, even if the two aren't related, we are already in trouble.

genetics are complex, and there is a VERY GOOD reason why there are inhibitions and mechanisms and the westermarck effect in place precisely to prevent a healthy human being from boning his close relatives. ever thought of that?

Aralaas

Nov 20, 2011
No.

No.

-With offspring?
Begrudgingly, I suppose so, but it's on the cusp really, though not out of contempt or the like, just the risks for the children. Genetic counseling would be a good idea though, and if the kids are in the clear then by all means, go right ahead. Although it's none of my business regardless.

Frak no.

Nope.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Yeah no.
Just fucking no.

I don't even want to fucking think about Incest as that shit makes my skin crawl faster than a headcrab who just spotted Gordon Freeman.

karamazovnew

Apr 4, 2011
Why didn't you just say "blood brothers/cousins"? Because every other form of incest involves a huge age difference, possible pedophilia and abuse of authority. Anyway... We don't live in the pink world of ecchi anime. We live in the nightmarish world of the 5 o'clock news. Pray for sexy time with 2 hot twins all you want... meanwhile there's some crazy bastard abusing his unknowing, unwilling daughter. So, long story short, personal opinion:

YES

Still YES

-With offspring?
Double so.

Isn't it already?!

Of course it does.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
fedefrasis said:
Arakasi said:
Milk said:
This thread is going to end well.

seydaman said:
Nope.

Nope.

Yeah but provided no one is getting hurt it is none of my business.

I'm pretty liberal when it comes to this sort of stuff.
Agreed entirely.
Although I think that having a child from incest (however close the relation is that is considered statistically dangerous for the child) should certainly be banned.
Why? Look it up, the idea of an incestuous child being a hideous abomination is a misconception, unless WE ARE TALKING MULTIPLE GENERATIONS OF INCEST. Unless its progenitors are also the product of incest, all that will happen is that it will increase the chances of a genetic problem (over a non-incest) by about 2%. That's it, really. Game of Thrones got it right, unless you count being the most hateable person ever as a genetic defect
Did you read my post?
I said it should be banned in instances when it is statistically dangerous to the child. If that happens to be after generatons of incest, so be it.