Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
*wanders onto stage and accepts award*
"Hi, thanks for the award. I'd like to thank many people, you know who you are, except for you Steve. Thats right I know about that review you posted on your blog. I admit I am suprised, I mean I have no idea what this thing is for I was just looking for the bathroom. And you spelled my name wrong. And now someone called security, so I think I'll run now"

DomesticParasite

Feb 25, 2010
LACKT said:
titankore said:
Steagony said:
Huh? Why would it be me?
Cause your trying to be a cheating asshole!
Maybe because you think so little of yourself and your work that cheating and bringing others down are the only way you think you can win.

I know I'm not a great artist but I work hard, we have all worked hard on our submissions and our skills. Do not come in here with that attitude if you want to ever be taken seriously as an artist.
Stop fighting and BTW,Titankore,thanks for FURRY YAHTZEE!

snip
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
This is a rather fun thread.

Sooo hey. I've been continuing to work on my comic anyway. And I figure by tonight I'll have another strip done. Any rules that say you can't post continued work in this thread? It's not as if I'm posting it anywhere but the Escapist anyway, and it wasn't part of my submission. I just figured, win or lose I'll have a page or something else out there.

longyear

Feb 20, 2010
Psudonym, your reasoning makes sense, but it couldn't hurt to just wait until the contest's over. Personally speaking, letting the work out only a week or so earlier wouldn't be enough for me to feel comfortable risking getting disqualified.

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
longyear said:
Psudonym, your reasoning makes sense, but it couldn't hurt to just wait until the contest's over. Personally speaking, letting the work out only a week or so earlier wouldn't be enough for me to feel comfortable risking getting disqualified.
Nice avatar, buddy.

Alright alright. I'll be patient. Anycase it's kinda interesting working on it now. The impetus of the deadline pushed me towards getting something out there. And now without it, I got something I like working on. Now it actually feels a bit like... a plant. The seeds are in, maybe they weren't sown all the best ways or the location is a bit off. But I'd like to nurture it all the same and see where it goes.

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
aeroz said:
I dont get the referance
I think it has to do with Bergman being a movie director who made mostly dramas, so the joke is that this is too much drama even for him.

I don't know for sure, I could be talking out of my ass, it may be better to get a diploma from NYFA just to be safe.

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
LACKT said:

IMAGE NOT INCLUDED IN QUOTE FOR OBVIOUS REASONS
ಠ_ಠ That was unnecessary, so unnecessary that my little face thing didn't copy over right....
wait yes it did.

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
toadking07 said:
LACKT said:

ಠ_ಠ That was unnecessary, so unnecessary that my little face thing didn't copy over right....
wait yes it did.
Ya that pic was all kinds of nasty
Am I the only one who has noticed LACKT has a gay pic for all occasions?

Coelasquid

Feb 16, 2010
titankore said:
Hey now. LACKT is the hero we all wish we could be.

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
titankore said:
toadking07 said:
LACKT said:

wait yes it did.
To be honest, you did pretty much the same thing, except in lower resolution (as it were). And without the leopard print thong.

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
Zemalac said:
To be honest, you did pretty much the same thing, except in lower resolution (as it were). And without the leopard print thong.
I turned him into Foamy the Squirrel, no man nipples or testicles, completely different. Unexpected crotches are never pleasant.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Ooh boy. I knew 2 guys on a couch was a popular setup but I had no idea it was overdone to the point of cliche- and to think I was planning on submitting an idea that was totally different, (and even mentioned that in the submission) but then dismissed it as too unconventional. Looks like my 'playing it safe' decision might have just cost me any chance in this one.

Hmmm... maybe I should've just made a comic about in-game characters making comments about couches ;)