Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
isjusterin said:
danieltanure said:
isjusterin said:
titankore said:
danieltanure said:
I wish i came to this thread earlier, though, because you all seem to be nice gentlemen.
Ahhh Yes my good boy, this is like any other gentlemen's club. Smoking jacket's, cigars, wine and burbon.... prostitutes, ohh and a nice fireplace.
Can we have Toblerones too? And a nice fleece blanket. (For protection against unwanted lap dances.)
It is a GENTLEMEN`S club! If you want a seat by the fire with us chaps you have to enjoy the lap dance as we all do.
But the prostitutes, they are so unsanitary! Unless they have had a good education, astounding wit, or chocolate, they have nothing to offer me!
You can be assured these prostitutes will be the cleanest, wittiest, most well educated of all prostitutes.

Indeed, they won`t be prostitutes at all, we will recruit our dancers from Ivy League college campii. (is that the plural of campus? I really don`t know...)

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
Steagony said:
RetroRobot said:
Steagony said:
Yes, I'm sure the whole staff of the Escapist and two webcomic dudes are plotting a global conspiracy against us, all to keep this thread alive. Yes, makes perfect sense.
QUIET YOU FOOL!
They will hear you...
Let us venture into the depths of the Paris catacombs. From there, we can fight a guerrilla war.
I'm already digging a new tunnel system!

folmerkelly

Feb 24, 2010
Reality check: Just because you preface your post with "reality check" doesn't mean you're not speculating.

To be fair though, it could be written into the contract that the winner is not allowed to mention the fact they won until The Escapist announces it.

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
It's not a conspiracy..it's just how it works. When I was contacted and contracted a video for the Escapist it was the same deal. I also do a ton of video content for a living. You guys think whatever you want, but you're mainly in denial about the process if you are complaining about my comment.

I didn't know that there were judging delays so I will give you that, but I promise, when they do choose who they want, the winner will know it before it posts.

If you think that what I described is a conspiracy than you're an idiot. I have nothing more to say on the matter. Take the info and insight or leave it.

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
isjusterin said:
But the prostitutes, they are so unsanitary! Unless they have had a good education, astounding wit
mmm smart girls

what? some guys like butts, some breats, I like brains. and in a totally non-zombie way. I do like blood in a vampire way though, but thats only tangently related to the thought tangent based on something I said a sentence ago.

Confused?

GOOD

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
I think this thread is the greatest show on earth. it's got drama and humor, suspense, and crazy characters galore! It's just a roller coaster of emotions and they're handing out free hand fulls of pills at the start of the line!

W00t! Bring on the winner and the rest of the gallery! (the good ones that is, none of this "gallery of suck", that would just be mean...)

Satoshii said:
I would like it if Shamus or someone went over the entries in general and told us the major points of what we did wrong, what we did well and what kind of things need improving, etc.
Oh, and Shamus said he might try to do something like that in his blog, (he said in his blog he might do that in a blog entry) so we'll have to watch for that!

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
KarmicToast said:
It's not a conspiracy..it's just how it works. When I was contacted and contracted a video for the Escapist it was the same deal. I also do a ton of video content for a living. You guys think whatever you want, but you're mainly in denial about the process if you are complaining about my comment.

I didn't know that there were judging delays so I will give you that, but I promise, when they do choose who they want, the winner will know it before it posts.

If you think that what I described is a conspiracy than you're an idiot. I have nothing more to say on the matter. Take the info and insight or leave it.
True or not, i don`t see how that`s relevant.

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
danieltanure said:
KarmicToast said:

True or not, i can`t see how that`s relevant.
It is true, but you're right. It's not relevant since the judging has been prolonged. I only brought it up since so many people got bent out of shape about my previous comment.

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
KarmicToast said:

There's no need to call people names.
Idiots?
No, I think these people are just hopeful.

Don't get me wrong, you may well be right, but still.

Calling people who are hoping for an outcome "Idiots" is harsh.

I've done my fair share of contract video work too, and it's different every time depending on conditions.

We can only wait and see.

isjusterin

Jul 6, 2008
RetroRobot said:
isjusterin said:
But the prostitutes, they are so unsanitary! Unless they have had a good education, astounding wit, or chocolate, they have nothing to offer me!
How does all of the above sound?
They are also wearing top hats, and smoking pipes.

Interested?

(Sorry for the double post there chaps, terribly rude of me)
Then. Bring on the prostitutes.

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
RetroRobot said:
KarmicToast said:

Idiots?

I've done my fair share of contract video work too, and it's different every time depending on conditions.

Nope, sorry. Idiots is correct. I'll change it to naive if you want. If you think that a company making sure it has its ducks in a row prior to going public with a paid work is a claim of wanton conspiracy, then yes, you are an idiot. Sorry.

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
KarmicToast said:
RetroRobot said:
KarmicToast said:

Idiots?

Nope, sorry. Idiots is correct. I'll change it to naive if you want. If you think that a company making sure it has its ducks in a row prior to going public with a paid work is a claim of wanton conspiracy, then yes, you are an idiot. Sorry.
I'm pretty sure anyone who said it was a conspiracy was probably joking.
And naive is maybe right. Besides, not everyone has done paid media work before, but still, Lets just keep it friendly.

Theres no need to dash hopes for people.

If you're right, then so be it, you may well be.
Like I said, I don't expect to win (I'm proud of my work, but it's a competition with a contract prize! Just gotta go for it and see what happens.)

But right now, you KNOW as much as the rest of us.

You have theories.

I have theories.

Until they announce the winner, we're both wrong.

:)

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
I remember when STeagony said he won, he was also being an asshole. I've seen contests like this from the Companies view before and some tell the winner in advance while "MOST" announce the winner publicly first. I don't know for sure but I have a feeling it's gonna be the second one.

I vote that we change subject to what kind of silly hat you would want Yahtzee to wear!

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
danieltanure said:
Actually, pretty much all possible subjects are pointless in a way, but this one`s just a bummer.
Indeed. We have had a good forum, let's keep it that way.
The results will be soon.

Let's just keep it friendly and supportive like we have beforehand.

Just because someone is going to win doesn't mean we have to start tearing out each others throats.

I mean... we CAN...

We just... don't have to...