Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
boybokeh said:
Screw you 'tards. I executed my comic with the express intention of NOT winning. Thus, if I don't win, then I win! FUCK YEAH.
So what happens if your comic does win? Did you think of that possibility?

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
Space Jawa said:
boybokeh said:
Screw you 'tards. I executed my comic with the express intention of NOT winning. Thus, if I don't win, then I win! FUCK YEAH.
Then we pray...

boybokeh

Feb 27, 2010
RetroRobot said:
Space Jawa said:
boybokeh said:
Then we pray...
That's impossible, I when I aim to lose, I play to win.

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
boybokeh said:
RetroRobot said:
Space Jawa said:
boybokeh said:
Then we pray...
Yeah!? well...
Ok, my mind has melted.

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
RetroRobot said:
boybokeh said:
RetroRobot said:
Space Jawa said:
boybokeh said:
Then we pray...
Yeah!? well...
Ok, my mind has melted.
If you win by losing and some other person, say, by some chance, wins by winning, you'll have two winners, then who'll be second place?

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
danieltanure said:
RetroRobot said:
boybokeh said:
RetroRobot said:
Space Jawa said:
boybokeh said:
Then we pray...
Yeah!? well...
Ok, my mind has melted.
If you win by losing and some other person, say, by some chance, wins by winning, you'll have two winners, then who'll be second place?
Actually, now that I think about it, the only way you could win without having to share the glory is if the person who wins by winning was actually planning to lose, like you.

So, in a way, you'd be a loser too, because if said person had lost because she won, then you'd be the only winner left, which is the position you never wanted to be in to begin with!

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
titankore said:
toadking07 said:
boybokeh said:
AH HA! Jokes on you, (and the rest of you can laugh too), I didn't even enter the contest but have just been pretending so I could infiltrate this thread as "one of your own"

But seeing as how you guys eat your own here, I feel my work here is done(ish) so I'm leaving. Forever!
You lied to me..."sob" how could you betray my trust like that. (goes and cries in a corner)

edit: neat fact 72% of girls on websites like this pick male as their gender to avoid being hit on and asked for naked pics of themselves. Not saying I am one "wink".
You know that if you're implying that you're a girl now, but in reality you're actually a man, then that'd be totally gay right?

Just letting you know.

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
The likely considerable increase in pageviews caused by anxious webcomic artists refreshing the page ad nauseum definitely means The Escapist is in a rush to present the results...

Peace
-Rhykker

Dizko

Feb 25, 2010
Rhykker said:
The likely considerable increase in pageviews caused by anxious webcomic artists refreshing the page ad nauseum definitely means The Escapist is in a rush to present the results...

Peace
-Rhykker
Yea, all 350 so of us, those unique hits are boosting their income.... riiiiight.

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
I said pageviews, not unique hits. The unique hits are negligible; the pageviews, on the other hand...

Peace,
-Rhykker

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
Rhykker said:
I said pageviews, not unique hits. The unique hits are negligible; the pageviews, on the other hand...

Peace,
-Rhykker
...Are negligable.

Seriously, the 'Pist gets millions of pageviews a day. The ones added by maybe a dozen people (the ones who actually check back constantly) aren't even worth mentioning, even if they hit F5 once a second. They'd get a few pennies more from their advertisments. Nothing to write home about.

42luna

Feb 3, 2010
So how are they going to tell us who won? I mean are they just going to put it on this thread and tell use or email us. Also is it starting to look like we will know on the weekend because I want being near a computer for a while by then.

P.S.

To the guys that think the art is not important in a web comic and anyone else that agrees. Your only half right yes if your comic has a good dialogue and/or the jokes are funny then yes your art does not have to be on a art college level. But if your art looks like you use your feet to draw it or you weren?t even trying, then people are not even going to see the joke. All they?re going to see is the bad art. Believe me I read a lot of comics and the first thing I look at is the art, and then I read it to see if I want to continue reading it.

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
Coelasquid said:
titankore said:
edit: neat fact 72% of girls on websites like this pick male as their gender to avoid being hit on and asked for naked pics of themselves. Not saying I am one "wink".
Some just don't feel the need to explicitly outline stuff like that because it doesn't matter on the internet.
but it does matter with english. Maybe I'm odd but I like knowing what gender pronoun I should be using with someone

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
Zemalac said:
Seriously, the 'Pist gets millions of pageviews a day. The ones added by maybe a dozen people (the ones who actually check back constantly) aren't even worth mentioning, even if they hit F5 once a second. They'd get a few pennies more from their advertisments. Nothing to write home about.
I guess I forgot the #2 rule of forum posting:

- Unless you make it exceedingly obvious that you are joking, people assume you are serious and an idiot.

So allow me to rectify that, then...

Peace,
-Rhykker

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
aeroz said:
Coelasquid said:
titankore said:
Some just don't feel the need to explicitly outline stuff like that because it doesn't matter on the internet.
but it does matter with english. Maybe I'm odd but I like knowing what gender pronoun I should be using with someone
It wouldn't matter if you were romanian, they have the neutral pronoun.

I think the russians do to...

Anyway, I only know this because i have a romanian teacher who loves to brag about how much better his language is.

Coelasquid

Feb 16, 2010
aeroz said:
It obviously doesn't matter if someone accidentally gets a mistaken "he" or "she" thrown their way every now and then if "72% of girls on websites like this pick male as their gender", allegedly.

I don't see why people should be getting their piss all steamed over something that insignificant, anyway.

Dizko

Feb 25, 2010
Rhykker said:
Zemalac said:
I guess I forgot the #2 rule of forum posting:

- Unless you make it exceedingly obvious that you are joking, people assume you are serious and an idiot.

So allow me to rectify that, then...

Peace,
-Rhykker
Sarcasm translates so well in text form doesn't it..........oh wait.

mynameissqrat

Feb 3, 2010
DomesticParasite said:
interspark said:
to be honest, im not worried about all the fantastic artists there are who have ebtered this, even though my characters are made of circles drawn on paint, because if you want beautiful artwork you read manga, web comics are supposed to be simple and funny
Noo... if you want to look at cliche demon looking things raping teen girls you read a manga.

...Or if you want to one day marry a pillow... you read a Manga.
Okay, so I'm just going to point out that Manga it's self is A type of art. And even though I'm not a fan of the huge eyes that bare into my soul, I'm pretty sure most of it isn't about tinticle things raping teens. I think if your gonna attack a ganra you should make sure you isolate it more... Like Henti (I think thats how it's spelled). If you said Henti that'd be correct.

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
Coelasquid said:
aeroz said:
It obviously doesn't matter if someone accidentally gets a mistaken "he" or "she" thrown their way every now and then if "72% of girls on websites like this pick male as their gender", allegedly.

I don't see why people should be getting their piss all steamed over something that insignificant, anyway.
Oh! Oh! Look at mister significant over here!

If you don't like the subject matter WE have to offer, why don't YOU throw something better on the table, huh smarty pants???? Mister Hot shot???? Mister king of the hill????????

I don't know your name, that's why i'm guessing "hot shot" and "king of the hill"