Interest thread ( Sci-fi Survival horror RP )

D-Ballz

Dec 15, 2010
I'll be back on in a couple days. Will be spending tomorrow with my family and the day afterwards travelling back to university.

General Alexei

General of Dark Wulf
Mar 21, 2009
I like the sound of this. If there's room for one more, then can you give me a sec' while I think up a sheet.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
General Alexei said:
I like the sound of this. If there's room for one more, then can you give me a sec' while I think up a sheet.
Yup there's still space. Waiting on the others to confirm that they are available and then we'll see about starting it.

General Alexei

General of Dark Wulf
Mar 21, 2009
Name: Alex Ross

Role: HMS Intrepid's Deputy Chief Medical Officer

Weapon/equipment: Surgical equipment (Large scalpels and stuff like that). Collapsible metal Cane. CZ 75b pistol.

Appearance: 5'10. Grey hair. He wears a lab coat at pretty much all times, which always has a notepad, pen and clock in it, as well as his gun. Wears glasses.

Bio: Alex was offered a place on the HMS Intrepid as he was one of the world's best doctors, and also one of the most convenient to put on the Intrepid as he lived nearby. He was gifted from a young age with his intelligence and his family being wealthy enough to support him on his way to becoming a doctor. He became a doctor at the early age of 26, after after training to be a doctor. He also finished training to be a surgeon a year before the launch and was therefore invaluable to the crew.

He has some experience with computers and programming, and in a pinch could probably hack an average computer, given enough time.

During his stay on the Intrepid, he injured his leg and was given a cane to walk around with after treating it as best he could. He eventually asked to be put on cryogenic freezing to heal and rest up his leg, only to be woken in an emergency.

Also, he always carries a small, old CZ 75b pistol around with him. It's not very reliable and has a higher chance of jamming because Alex doesn't really know how to use or clean it. Carries it around after finding out that when you fail to save peoples loved ones, they can sometimes get very violent. Has little experience with it and so can't aim and fire it like a guard or soldier though.
hope thats okay.

SoloStoffe

Apr 2, 2010
<spoiler=Sheet>Name
Christopher "Chris" Bjorklund
Role
Investigator, in lack of a better word. Designated to go first to a planets surface and see if any hostile lifeforms are present.
Weapon/equipment
M56 magnetic coil rifle and a radio connected to the ships cockpit.
Bio
Born in the city of Göteborg, Sweden, Chris was very interested in interstellar travel, and wanted the oppurtunity to go to other planets himself. But his father, a respected policeman, wasn't very fond of the idea. He still accepted Christophers ambition, but he still didn't like the idea of breaking four generations of family tradition. To his joy, Christopher joined the police force at age 23, because of his love for his father.
But only one year after he had joined the force, he resigned to once again, try to pursue his dreams. He moved to Manchester and started training there, and had fully completed training at age 27.

Tell me if anything need changing.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
SoloStoffe said:
<spoiler=Sheet>Name
Christopher "Chris" Bjorklund
Role
Investigator, in lack of a better word. Designated to go first to a planets surface and see if any hostile lifeforms are present.
Weapon/equipment
M56 magnetic coil rifle and a radio connected to the ships cockpit.
Bio
Born in the city of Göteborg, Sweden, Chris was very interested in interstellar travel, and wanted the oppurtunity to go to other planets himself. But his father, a respected policeman, wasn't very fond of the idea. He still accepted Christophers ambition, but he still didn't like the idea of breaking four generations of family tradition. To his joy, Christopher joined the police force at age 23, because of his love for his father.
But only one year after he had joined the force, he resigned to once again, try to pursue his dreams. He moved to Manchester and started training there, and had fully completed training at age 27.

Tell me if anything need changing.
Elaborate on the Bio. An investigation team would be a scientific based exploration, from atmosphere. Also, I just need a little more to work with. Consider this, along the RP I may look at a characters Bio, and create a scenario that may include a part of that. Either in the form of delusional visions, or as something which may be found on the ship.

So, would appreciate it if you could spend a little bit of time on that please! Or, you could tell me to jump off a cliff and it's fine? It's up to you! Haha

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Name: Hudson

Weapons/Equipment:
Heavy laser bolt cutters, Welding torch, few other tools.

Role: Engineer

Appearance: Hudson stands at 5"10 he is well built and toned. His short brown hair, swept to the side, rolls over his light blue eyes. He wears a standard maintenance uniform, with the HMS Intrepid's logo stitched onto his left shoulder.

Bio:
Hudson was brought up on Earth, born to a poor family he spent his days fixing items for other people in return for food. His parents noticed his mechanical comprehension and signed him up for schooling at an Engineering school. There he easily outstripped his peers. He made short work of the education, finishing two years before he was meant to. After his leaving from the school he signed up to the engineering detail being sent out with The HMS Intrepid. His quiet, keep to himself attitude stopped him making many friends, though the others appreciated his skill and knowledge of his trade. Hudson is very reserved and quiet. He keeps to himself but will always offer to help others. He is also very intelligent, sensing peoples motives and understanding how people behave. His time as a poor child kept him modest and appreciative for what he had.

Just thought you'd like to see my character...

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
SeanTheSheep said:
Hmmmm. I had an idea, but it's gone now. I might write up a sheet in the next 24 hours.
That's cool, looking forward to it!

Yeah...I've been caught out by them...Damn captchas :p

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
CaptainHook69 said:
Dectomax said:
CaptainHook69 said:
Im going to have to post my sheet tomorrow, sorry.
Sheet incoming, or are you gunna sit this out?
\

Yea, I start year 11 soon so I'm going to have to drop this Rp. Sorry.
Well, doesn't that make me feel old... *sigh* Going into final year of University. Soon I'll have to enter teh real world and actually start paying TAXES.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
Ooh, this looks fun. Count me in. How will the GM play as well? Shouldn't they be running things?
Name: Tim Westerson
Role: Radio-Engineering (the crew who service the ship's reactor and FTL drive)
Weapon/equipment:
1 BNC (Biological, Nuclear, Chemical) Hazmat Suit
1 heavy-duty torch
Bio: One of the few members of engineering whose job it is to maintain the Intrepid's means of power and propulsion, Tim's job is to make regular trips inside the reactor to examine the control rods and replace any that are defective. He's woken from cryo every 3 months to make his solitary rounds, and then it's back inside for another cold sleep. This jarring routine of constant checking, solitude and staring into what is a tiny sun has not done much for Tim's mental health.

As a note about the RP, will we be getting more fluff and backstory once the proper thread is set up?

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
NimbleJack3 said:
Ooh, this looks fun. Count me in. How will the GM play as well? Shouldn't they be running things?
Name: Tim Westerson
Role: Radio-Engineering (the crew who service the ship's reactor and FTL drive)
Weapon/equipment:
1 BNC (Biological, Nuclear, Chemical) Hazmat Suit
1 heavy-duty torch
Bio: One of the few members of engineering whose job it is to maintain the Intrepid's means of power and propulsion, Tim's job is to make regular trips inside the reactor to examine the control rods and replace any that are defective. He's woken from cryo every 3 months to make his solitary rounds, and then it's back inside for another cold sleep. This jarring routine of constant checking, solitude and staring into what is a tiny sun has not done much for Tim's mental health.

As a note about the RP, will we be getting more fluff and backstory once the proper thread is set up?
It'll act like an NPC, and also a way for me to push the story forward...without dropping something on your head and saying "Oh noes, med bay quick!"...haha

Once I see a viable amount of people I will start writing up more back story and other snippets of information for you. I have a little bit at the moment, but if you'd like me to I can expand and actually make a decent job of it!

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
EDIT: Sorry, the quote button didn't take...
Dectomax said:
It'll act like an NPC, and also a way for me to push the story forward...without dropping something on your head and saying "Oh noes, med bay quick!"...haha

Once I see a viable amount of people I will start writing up more back story and other snippets of information for you. I have a little bit at the moment, but if you'd like me to I can expand and actually make a decent job of it!
Well that would be nice lol. I would rather not be participating in a half-arsed RP...I've encountered too many of those lately >.>

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Tips_of_Fingers said:
EDIT: Sorry, the quote button didn't take...
Dectomax said:

Well that would be nice lol. I would rather not be participating in a half-arsed RP...I've encountered too many of those lately >.>

Well, if you want to take a look at my first RP, which is still running...(No advertising at all...)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.228938-The-Twisted-Earth-Post-apocalyptic-Role-play-Started-Accepting-sheets-by-PM?page=1

You'll see that when I have time...I can put together a lot of detail and information.:)

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
Actually, I'm going to have to opt out here. I've recently discovered I won't be able to make the time commitment to this RP. Thanks a lot for your (brief) hospitality, and I hope you guys have fun.

Someone can use my character as their own, if they want. I don't mind.

ninja555

Mar 21, 2009
Hey, interesting concept, will join, have sheet soon.

Also, could we make a clone character?

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
NimbleJack3 said:
Actually, I'm going to have to opt out here. I've recently discovered I won't be able to make the time commitment to this RP. Thanks a lot for your (brief) hospitality, and I hope you guys have fun.

Someone can use my character as their own, if they want. I don't mind.
No worrys :) Take it easy!

ninja555 said:
Hey, interesting concept, will join, have sheet soon.

Also, could we make a clone character?
No cloning...I'll expand on that when I write up some of the back story ;)