Internet Petition Demands Dark Souls Drop GFWL

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
Buretsu said:
AnarchistAbe said:
It'd be like me not having enough cookies, and you not having one. I go bake you a special cookie that takes up a lot of my time and effort. Then, you decide that I didn't use the right chocolate chips in my cookie, and you throw it in my face. Isn't that a bit of a dick move?
Well, if the chocolate chips you used were made of decayed fecal matter, then no, it wouldn't be.
Isn't that kind of trolling? You're throwing a scenario at me designed for me to fail. Obviously, I said "chocolate chips", not "fecal matter".

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
AnarchistAbe said:
shintakie10 said:
AnarchistAbe said:
80Maxwell08 said:
AnarchistAbe said:
IT ISN'T OUT YET!!! How do you know it doesn't work? I have never once had an issue with GFWL.
I have had issues with it before and so have so many others. The other topic regarding this game and GFWL shows plenty of people who have issues with it. Also let me show you something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O5w0vxErA8&feature=g-user-u
The analogy is at the beginning. You are the one telling people to eat crap and deal with it.
And you are the one bitching about a product that hasn't been released. You are the one bitching about something NOBODY could possibly have the answer to. It's all speculation until it's been proven.

You can blame me for being anti-consumer all day. But, in the end, I'm just sick of the bipolar and self-righteous nature of the gaming community.
The game may not have been released, but GFWL has been out for a long while and none of its issues have ever been fixed. For the most part they haven't even been addressed except to say that they realize that the platform has issues and that they'd like to fix them. What came of that statement? Fuck if I know because GFWL is still as crappy as its always been.
For all we know, they are patching GFWL right now in anticipation for Dark Souls. Prove me wrong.
What an odd argument to make. Do you really believe that Microsoft, after not updatin GFWL for massive blockbusters like Fallout 3, would waste (in their minds) any amount of time fixin issues that have plagued GFWL since its inception because of a port of Dark Souls? If so you are far more of an optimist than anyone in the history of optimists.

AnarchistAbe

Sep 10, 2009
shintakie10 said:
What an odd argument to make. Do you really believe that Microsoft, after not updatin GFWL for massive blockbusters like Fallout 3, would waste (in their minds) any amount of time fixin issues that have plagued GFWL since its inception because of a port of Dark Souls? If so you are far more of an optimist than anyone in the history of optimists.
Are you telling me that you TRULY see nothing wrong with the constant outrage from gamers? Even over things we ASK for, but don't like the implementation?

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I'm going to paraphrase two posts I read on Destructoid yesterday that sum this up nicely:

Why in the world did they pick GFWL? GFWL live is just plain broken and it will actively discourage people from playing it. Steam works better, has a better reputation, and it will get all sorts of free advertising on the front page. This decision is baffling.

DRM is like taking a shit, nobody really likes it but we have to deal with it. However, Steam would be like a normal healthy BM that leaves you feeling relieved and you can get on with your life; where as GFWL is a gigantic, bloated, painful kind of constipation, the kind where you sometimes can't even finish, or in this case buy/access you games/saves.

AnarchistAbe

Sep 10, 2009
Buretsu said:
Would you prefer "Chips of Chocolate Laxative" or "Chocolate Chips laced with poison"? Because those fit the analogy as well.
Now you're just being ridiculous, lol. They did something nice, and we are throwing it in their faces. If you can't see that, then there is absolutely nothing I could say to change your mind.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
AnarchistAbe said:
shintakie10 said:
Are you telling me that you TRULY see nothing wrong with the constant outrage from gamers? Even over things we ASK for, but don't like the implementation?
'

When the outrage isn't misplaced? Why yes...yes I do. I'm tired of developers takin advantage of our good will. I'm tired of publishers treatin us as little more than open wallets they can take from when they please. I'm tired of bein forced to use absolutely horrendous pieces of crap like GFWL or Origin to play my friggin games. Despite the fact that the platform actually works I'm tired of needin Steam for practically anythin that isn't usin GFWL and I'm tired of bein treated like a criminal because devs and publishers make shitty PC ports that no one buys and then blame piracy when it is their own damn fault.

I am done bein pushed around by publishers and developers that think they can get away with whatever the fuck they want. Puttin shit like GFWL when the issues are so very well documented that you'd have to purposely ignore everythin wrong with it for absolutely no reason shows such a general lack of disregard for the consumer that it comes off as little more than a gigantic middle finger to them. Sure we got our cookie that they never planned to make, but I don't have to accept a cookie while they are actively flippin me off with their other hand.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I just want there to be confirmation that the extra stuff will come to console.
I may double dip later, but if PC players get to do stuff I won't I shall be pissed.
What the fuck was that sentence even. I meant to say, I shall be pissed.

AnarchistAbe

Sep 10, 2009
shintakie10 said:
AnarchistAbe said:
shintakie10 said:
'

When the outrage isn't misplaced? Why yes...yes I do. I'm tired of developers takin advantage of our good will. I'm tired of publishers treatin us as little more than open wallets they can take from when they please. I'm tired of bein forced to use absolutely horrendous pieces of crap like GFWL or Origin to play my friggin games. Despite the fact that the platform actually works I'm tired of needin Steam for practically anythin that isn't usin GFWL and I'm tired of bein treated like a criminal because devs and publishers make shitty PC ports that no one buys and then blame piracy when it is their own damn fault.

I am done bein pushed around by publishers and developers that think they can get away with whatever the fuck they want. Puttin shit like GFWL when the issues are so very well documented that you'd have to purposely ignore everythin wrong with it for absolutely no reason shows such a general lack of disregard for the consumer that it comes off as little more than a gigantic middle finger to them. Sure we got our cookie that they never planned to make, but I don't have to accept a cookie while they are actively flippin me off with their other hand.
I will concede to this point. Partly. Whilst we should have some say, and we don't need to just lay down and take it, we should really pick our battles. If we keep whining about EVERYHTING, eventually they'll stop listening.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
AnarchistAbe said:
*sigh* I'm done. Is it just me, or is every news story nowadays about gamers bitching about *insert topic here*? Is it just me that sees it?
Ah, hello again! Out of curiosity, have you used GFWL?

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Before we get all dismissive, we should probably bear in mind that the PC version of internet petition [http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Playstation-3/dp/B004NRN5EO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334256319&sr=8-1] that attracted over 92,000 signatures. The current "No GFWL" petition is doing pretty well for itself too, garnering over 13,000 signatures in just its first day.

I can't help but think that "Steam or no sale" gamers are cutting off their buttons to spite their mice, to coin a somewhat more relevant expression, but props to them for sticking to their guns. And who knows? Given the precedent set by the "we want Dark Souls" petition, maybe Namco will listen to this one too.
Do you think anyone can be expected take a petition started by Big Mclargehuge seriously?

If the creator of the petition doesn't take their cause seriously enough not to use a joke name, can you really expect Namco-Bandai to listen to what Mr. Mclargehuge has to say, regardless of the number of "people" who agree with Mr Mclargehuge's viewpoint?

It doesn't really matter how many signatures it gets, if the very first signature on the petition is obviously fake, then the credibility of the petition is undermined and all the proceeding signatures are practically meaningless.

AnarchistAbe

Sep 10, 2009
dogstile said:
AnarchistAbe said:
*sigh* I'm done. Is it just me, or is every news story nowadays about gamers bitching about *insert topic here*? Is it just me that sees it?
Yes. Yes I have. Never had any issues, actually.

Colonel Joson

Apr 20, 2008
*raises hand sheepishly* Uh hello everyone! I've used GFWL since I bought Dawn of War 2 and so far I haven't had any problems with it. If I may ask, what exactly is wrong with GFWL?

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
I may double dip later, but if PC players get to do stuff I won't I shall be pissed.
Someone under the facebook posts on this said they confirmed it will be coming to consoles as DLC. I don't know where they said this though so I can't give you a source.

Colonel Joson said:
*raises hand sheepishly* Uh hello everyone! I've used GFWL since I bought Dawn of War 2 and so far I haven't had any problems with it. If I may ask, what exactly is wrong with GFWL?
Go read some of the posts on this.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.366712-Dark-Souls-PC-port-to-use-GFWL
Plenty of testimonials there.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
80Maxwell08 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Someone under the facebook posts on this said they confirmed it will be coming to consoles as DLC. I don't know where they said this though so I can't give you a source.
Sweet sausage. That's something at least.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Fuck GFWL... Fuck Steam and every other online DRM system disguised as a service, too.

Fuck them sideways with splintered broomhandles.

I haven't signed the second petition because I don't want to give any publisher or developer implied approval of any DRM scheme, especially online ones, let alone asking for a specific one to be implemented.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
AnarchistAbe said:
dogstile said:
AnarchistAbe said:
Yes. Yes I have. Never had any issues, actually.
Ah right. My only issue with it is that it doesn't like letting me log in because its connected to my xbox live account which i'm not paying for anymore, which is ridiculous, because being online on the PC doesn't cost anything.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
AnarchistAbe said:
If we keep whining about EVERYHTING, eventually they'll stop listening.
I think you are deluded, they aren't doing a PC port because they are nice chaps that love PC gamers. Namco is a company, they care about making money more than pleasing PC gamers, the descition making due they being a company is more like "How can we further profit from Dark Souls?" -> "Making a sequel, spinoffs, ports" -> "Which one can yield the largest profits for our current aviliable resources?" -> "Seeing the interest for it, probably PC port"

They didn't "listened" to PC gamers because we are smart and handsome, but because it is a nice buisness oportunity that will occupy resources that they have aviliable. That's why i singed that petition, it's telling em "stop being stupid, go steam because it is better for me and will give you more dought". Not likely going to happen though, and i will buy the game regardless, i just hope Namco will learn not to be stupid in the future.