Internet Petition Demands Dark Souls Drop GFWL

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
I'm with the "steam or no sale" crowd.. actually, make that "game being on sale on steam" instead.

I'm curious about the game for sure, but it would have to jump into my lap with a heavily reduced pricetag for me to even consider it.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
I must be the only one who doesn't like Steam.

It never lets me launch games I've bought unless I'm online. Fuck their DRM.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I'm with the minority "Just sell me the fucking game without any third party bullshit". Seriously, people are getting too comfortable with being forced to have an online account somewhere just to play a game they paid full price for. I lasted this long without the game, I can continue to do without it if it's got that GFWL POS.

-Guy that still misses the golden age of gaming.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
Ok, actual question here, since I've used GFWL with no problems on my PC since manually updating it, it's run fine. What ARE peoples problems with it? Ok ok I understand it is a little clunky, and it isn't exactly user friendly (I've been trying to change my screen name for months) and the support.. the support just doesn't exist.

But all that considered, it works fine for Gotham city Imposters, Arkham Asylum and the likes, so as far as interfering with a game goes, I don't see any problems, can someone explain?

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
-_- Did it realy need to jump right to the petition? Couldn't you guys use less annoying means like emailing them your complaints?

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Guys, guys. Look at the bright side, you don't need to worry about getting invaded and lag-stabbed to death if they stick with GFWL. /joke

Seriously, why do companies still use that service?

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Elate said:
Ok, actual question here, since I've used GFWL with no problems on my PC since manually updating it, it's run fine. What ARE peoples problems with it? Ok ok I understand it is a little clunky, and it isn't exactly user friendly (I've been trying to change my screen name for months) and the support.. the support just doesn't exist.

But all that considered, it works fine for Gotham city Imposters, Arkham Asylum and the likes, so as far as interfering with a game goes, I don't see any problems, can someone explain?
Many many people have completely lost their save files for major games like Fallout 3 and Bioshock 2. That's one of the major issues.

piplink

Mar 11, 2011
GFWL is what made me not be able to play GTA4, i wanted to, but GFWL just would'nt let me.

this is a steam or no sale for me.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
idarkphoenixi said:
What exactly is the problem with GFWL?

Saying "I hate it because it sucks" really doesn't help.
Read right above your post. There's also some connection issues games that have used it had.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
I do have to wonder who thinks "we need a DRM service for our PC game" and then thinks "Games for Windows Live". It just seems illogical.

Edit: Oh, just remembered, Microsoft likes to buy things from Namco Bandai. Thats probably why.
[link]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111156-Microsoft-Bought-Tales-of-Vesperias-360-Exclusivity[/link]

Looks like were fucked. Cracked .exes and custom servers it is then.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Well, let's put it this way: say you've been wanting to have a baby for some time, and adoption isn't really an option for you. Then, say, a witch graciously offers you the solution, in exchange for your soul when you die. You agree.

Hours after the birth, the baby sneaks out of its room and stabs you in your sleep.

Swearing at your computer monitor and muttering about how the online guide didn't mention that part, you hit the reload button, but then it turns out GFWL corrupted your save files.

DO YOU REALLY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN?

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Yep, I've had issues with GFWL.
I've had a little interest in the game, but if they stick with GFWL, that interest will evaporate. GFWL is a dealbreaker on ANY game for me, I don't care how good.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
Colonel Joson said:
*raises hand sheepishly* Uh hello everyone! I've used GFWL since I bought Dawn of War 2 and so far I haven't had any problems with it. If I may ask, what exactly is wrong with GFWL?
A lot of people have had or are having problems with gfwl (including me). Have you tryed steam then? even when gfwl works it's worse than steam.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Valdus said:
Careful guys, if you keep this up people might start to think PC gamers are spoiled and entitled or something.

You got your freakin' port and you're getting bonus bosses as well. Quit crying for half a sec and try actually enjoying what you got.

I'm tempted to start a petition to From Software called the "Ignore the PC gamers" petition, because if they spend all their time catering for the PC crowd I'll probably never see a new Souls game since they'll never be satisfied. What's more annoying is that if I claim to be a PC gamer when I do I'll probably get tons of support for the petition.
What good is a port that won't run? Because that is the situation some PC users find themselves in when they realize a game they bought use GFWL. And there's rarely any help to get from MS.

There are plenty of other bugs and quirks associated with GFWL, for instance that server reliability and uptime is poor in some countries.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
I feel like the only person who doesn't have a problem with GFWL. I've used it many times before and while it can make things a little difficult to get the ball rolling was you learn its foibles it generally works alright. While I would much rather get the game on steam (steam community and ingame) I don't really mind either way.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Reminds me of the start of this TB video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etynVIN_6t4&feature=plcp&context=C4cdafa1VDvjVQa1PpcFPmU4rYsxQ0vcD3ih0jyrjxfaJ8AIqrqhE%3D